• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ken Combo

spoonyd

Smash Apprentice
This is a viable question but should go into the Q and A. It gets tough sorting through all these new posts only to find a question that should go somewhere else and prolly was already answered.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I would say it's possible, but a lot harder. I tried doing it multiple times but all of them failed. I suggest just doing fair > reverse up+b which is what I did when I played.

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
I was hoping that in Brawl, there will be a lot of long, SSB style combos and a few Melee ones. I'm sure a new technique will be discovered in a few months.
Brawl will def. have fewer/shorter combos than either of the previous smashes, due to easier DI and decreased stun time.

It doesn't look good for Ken Combos, and even once you pull them off, they are more likely to survive due to lower stun time.

EDIT: here's my post I made about Ken combos:

Either you can only Ken Combo with a tipped fair at low percents, or only with a non tipped fair.

If that is the case, I think it wouldn't be possible, due to the fact that there is less stun time in Brawl, and even in Melee marth's non tipped fair had very low stun time.

Ken combo isn't looking good, especially since even if you do get it off, they can recover much more easily.

Kruton

Smash Ace
Yeah, I was victim of a Ken combo during a Brawl tourney on Tuesday.

i rise

Smash Apprentice
it makes me laugh how a lot of other classic melee combos got nerfed (and characters), but some how marth almost seems even better and still has the ken combo. i love it.

Winnar

Smash Lord
I know I saw a video where Marth f-aired someone all the way across Final Destination JUST to miss the Ken Combo. He even connected with the d-air, but he didn't sweetspot it. Still, good (or very, very bad) to know one of Marth's staple combos transitioned into Brawl very well.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I think that Olimar could have gotten out of that, but only time will tell if the combo is still viable.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Lol!! nice to see the old school combo............

there is still hope Xd

just kidding... it seems this time we will practically have to connect the fair with the hilt.... for the enemy to not go too far... and it even depends on their DI.

also, even when olimar was in 54%, he was send with such force.... but the hit lag is noticeabley less.

But is good to see anyways!

Anth0ny

Smash Master
of course, sakurai would never take it out, I'm pretty sure he likes doing ken combo's too :)
:laugh: Sig'd.

P.S- YOU...ARE...GOD!

*ahem*
Awesome that Ken combo is back. Too bad the range is less than it was in Melee, so it's probably going to be harder to execute.

Cisne

Smash Apprentice
is not that hard to pull off , got the game yesterday and im spamming it already

About finishing with a reverse UpB , im not sure about reverse dolphin slash knockback, no difference with a normal dolphin slash

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
ken's Overrated. And The "Ken Combo" Was being Done Way Befor Ken Did it, Practically every marth player did it an not because they seen ken do it, Oh an i Hope The "Ken Combo" is out Of Brawl. :)
I don't even know where to begin with this post =/

But uh, yays for the Ken combo?

Mach7

Smash Apprentice
Yeah and that right there is the reason i am having trouble because i played with marth in ssbm but i want to play with pit as my main. so many choices, but glad marth is still great

Mach7

Smash Apprentice
ken's Overrated. And The "Ken Combo" Was being Done Way Befor Ken Did it, Practically every marth player did it an not because they seen ken do it, Oh an i Hope The "Ken Combo" is out Of Brawl. :)
Wow you really don't know what your talking about because ken pioneered most of the advanced tactics for marth!

TrainerBlue

Smash Rookie
Wow you really don't know what your talking about because ken pioneered most of the advanced tactics for marth!
your right, you right....did you know Ken was the first person to own a gamecube and SSBM! Not only that, he was the first person to unlock all characters and play as marth i mean every marth combo used ken did it first!(Sarcasm), hahahaha......(insert more Laughter Here)

K1T3

Smash Lord
So regaurding short hop double fair....
In melee I would sh by knicking the bottom of X with my thumb nair and do the first fair with Z and the second with c-stick.
The problem is in brawl I can't do airs with Z so now I can't do double attacks in one sh with chars like marth or toon link or anyone else that can do it since I can't get from the X to A or Cstick fast enough...
How do people do this?

MysticKenji

Smash Master
So regaurding short hop double fair....
In melee I would sh by knicking the bottom of X with my thumb nair and do the first fair with Z and the second with c-stick.
The problem is in brawl I can't do airs with Z so now I can't do double attacks in one sh with chars like marth or toon link or anyone else that can do it since I can't get from the X to A or Cstick fast enough...
How do people do this?
A -> C-stick .

L1F3

Smash Cadet
Wii will win.

Good thing I main Falco, and have Marth as a secondary... >_>

The Ken Combo is already in Brawl, there is video evidence of it. Also, go to sleep somewhere, you idiot. You have no idea of what you're saying, since you just joined like 2 days ago. For all your "knowledge," look Ken up in Wikipedia.

Ken's a beast!

Finally: KEN COMBO...! In Brawl! Now I will actually become competetive in Brawl.

~L1F3

IrArby

Smash Ace
Originally Posted by TrainerBlue
ken's Overrated. And The "Ken Combo" Was being Done Way Befor Ken Did it, Practically every marth player did it an not because they seen ken do it, Oh an i Hope The "Ken Combo" is out Of Brawl.

Heck! thats not the half of it man. The real truth is that everybody on these boards has been dening for years is that all Tournament matches are actually choreographed. Thats right TrainerBlue, competitive smash (like Wrestling) is indeed FAKE! Ken is simply a highly popular paid videogame actor. Hes the F**king Fonse of Smash! Thats why he so overrated but you and I know better TrainerBlue.

ipitydatfu

Smash Master
ken's Overrated. And The "Ken Combo" Was being Done Way Befor Ken Did it, Practically every marth player did it an not because they seen ken do it, Oh an i Hope The "Ken Combo" is out Of Brawl.

Heck! thats not the half of it man. The real truth is that everybody on these boards has been dening for years is that all Tournament matches are actually choreographed. Thats right TrainerBlue, competitive smash (like Wrestling) is indeed FAKE! Ken is simply a highly popular paid videogame actor. Hes the F**king Fonse of Smash! Thats why he so overrated but you and I know better TrainerBlue.

lol, and tiger woods never really won any golf tournaments (wow random)

TrainerBlue

Smash Rookie

Wow, All The Ken Fan boys Come Gathering Out of no where Once You talk down about there Hero, lol, Your Stupid , Throw Away Your Computer An Break all of your Fingers So You Can Not Type Such Nonsense again, I Don't Think you Begin To Comprehend What I'm Saying, What I'm Trying to say is that The "Ken Combo" Was being Done way before Ken was doing it, And When I say he's Overrated I Mean people give him to much credit..I've seen better Marth Players, You'll See when people start four stocking him when brawl comes out, I'mma Stop Burning Your Hero, He'll prolly Ban Me, lol

Top Bottom