• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ken Combo

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Wow, All The Ken Fan boys Come Gathering Out of no where Once You talk down about there Hero, lol, Your Stupid , Throw Away Your Computer An Break all of your Fingers So You Can Not Type Such Nonsense again, I Don't Think you Begin To Comprehend What I'm Saying, What I'm Trying to say is that The "Ken Combo" Was being Done way before Ken was doing it, And When I say he's Overrated I Mean people give him to much credit..I've seen better Marth Players, You'll See when people start four stocking him when brawl comes out, I'mma Stop Burning Your Hero, He'll prolly Ban Me, lol

what you say about fanboyism is so true lol. Guys let ken defend himself ;)
What triner blue is saying about ken could be true anyways.....

but trainer blue, he is indeed skilled and has proven that.

prove yourself before talking that much.

Socrata

Smash Rookie
I'm glad that Marth still retains some of his combo ability, but it will be nice to try out new things that we couldn't do in Melee.

courte

Smash Lord
stale moves are punished with less knockback... hmm i wonder

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
yeah i like kens playstyle but the fanboys are soooo annoiyng let him talk for himself lol

DarkLink--Ita

Smash Cadet
Wow, All The Ken Fan boys Come Gathering Out of no where Once You talk down about there Hero, lol, Your Stupid , Throw Away Your Computer An Break all of your Fingers So You Can Not Type Such Nonsense again, I Don't Think you Begin To Comprehend What I'm Saying, What I'm Trying to say is that The "Ken Combo" Was being Done way before Ken was doing it, And When I say he's Overrated I Mean people give him to much credit..I've seen better Marth Players, You'll See when people start four stocking him when brawl comes out, I'mma Stop Burning Your Hero, He'll prolly Ban Me, lol
I think you need some counseling, really O_o

Anyway, Ken Combo FTW!

ScythedBlade

Smash Cadet
Anyway, tranlation is ...

the Ken Combo is named because Ken attends tournaments and mains marth and made his tactics popular

However, that doesn't mean that Ken invented anything or was the first to do it ... it was just that he attended tournaments, is a professional gamer, and made it popular because he is a professional gamer and 'we' watch him on youtube.

That is the final gist here ...

Whether or not he is over-rated is your opinion ... if you judge based on fanboys ... yes he is over-rated ... but if you judge him solely on Ken, he's not over-rated ...

Try playing him.

Honestly, it's this kind of self-destruvtive hate towards players that give the smash community bad rep. Ken is a nice guy, and an awsome player. He has earned his prestigious rank in the smash community through dedication and hard work. It's amazing how far envy can take a person.

Seriously, stop attacking the people that are trying to represent your community in a positive manner.

TrainerBlue

Smash Rookie
Try playing him.

Honestly, it's this kind of self-destruvtive hate towards players that give the smash community bad rep. Ken is a nice guy, and an awsome player. He has earned his prestigious rank in the smash community through dedication and hard work. It's amazing how far envy can take a person.

Seriously, stop attacking the people that are trying to represent your community in a positive manner.
Try Playing Him You Said?, I Will , Ken Will Get my Brawl Friend Code no doubt, I Guarantee i'll have Three Stock At the End Of The Match I'll Even Put it on youtube so you little ken fanboys can cry about it, lol, West Coast Smashers are nothing Compared To The East Coast Smashers.

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Try Playing Him You Said?, I Will , Ken Will Get my Brawl Friend Code no doubt, I Guarantee i'll have Three Stock At the End Of The Match I'll Even Put it on youtube so you little ken fanboys can cry about it, lol, West Coast Smashers are nothing Compared To The East Coast Smashers.
Especially the ones that probably play jack.

like you

And no, you're not gonna play brawl against him, if this never-gonna-happen match would ever happen it would be fair to do it in melee, since you where dissing his melee game

and about your sig, how old are you... 12?

TrainerBlue

Smash Rookie
Especially the ones that probably play jack.

like you

And no, you're not gonna play brawl against him, if this never-gonna-happen match would ever happen it would be fair to do it in melee, since you where dissing his melee game

and about your sig, how old are you... 12?
Of Course i Know I Will Not Be Playing Him, It Was A More "If" then anything, You like my Sig?, Who wouldn't?, Ahaha..Or Does It Offend You and your Sexuality?

Ok, completely hypothetical, and probably won't happen.

I have played him in Melee, and I can tell you that you wouldn't last. It was hell on Ice just trying to get a couple of stocks off his Fox. His Marth is a different story. And advocating the "Peach Theory" Just makes you seem as if you're trying to live off another persons success.

Nice try, hypocrite.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Maybe he'll get banned for spamming and flamming. We could ban his account for quite a few things actually.

Excessive spamming, sexual harrasment, personal attacks against another board member, the list just goes on.

Should I go get a mod?

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
lol, it's ok, everyone has the right to their opinion. It shouldnt bother you guys, because it doesn't bother me at all. who cares what other people think? really...? OH NO im going to sit behind my computer and Cry just because someone thinks im over rated and I suck Boo hoo... Point is, I've made the most money in smash history, ( Playing a game) so I'm happy :).

Anyways, can any of you guys imagine sakurai and miyamoto playing smash and sakurai does a ken combo and gets up and yells "KEN COMBO!?" because I can.. lol im sure a lot of other people do that too, every time it happens I always hear people talking about it.

Just be glad that the ken combo lives on!! truly too good, such a legacy :)

RazeveX

Smash Ace
lol, it's ok, everyone has the right to their opinion. It shouldnt bother you guys, because it doesn't bother me at all. who cares what other people think? really...? OH NO im going to sit behind my computer and Cry just because someone thinks im over rated and I suck Boo hoo... Point is, I've made the most money in smash history, ( Playing a game) so I'm happy :).

Anyways, can any of you guys imagine sakurai and miyamoto playing smash and sakurai does a ken combo and gets up and yells "KEN COMBO!?" because I can.. lol im sure a lot of other people do that too, every time it happens I always hear people talking about it.

lol.

so, how much money did you make, exactly?

and are you gonna get pro at brawl as well?

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Ken is 2 GooD :D
I just hope the PAL version of this game doesn't make marth's Dair canceable <.<
Cuz that sucked in melee.

Irae

Smash Cadet
You know, this guy is attacking Ken, and copied the ist of his sig...

I think he's secretly in love with Ken, and is in denial...

"Oh, Ken! Your short hop to f-air to d-air makes my heart a-flutter...
Uh... NO ONE CAN KNOW OF THIS MOMENT!!!"

"I hate Ken!"

He's just trying to cover up his fanboyism...

Anyway, I can't WAIT to use this on someone on random wifi... They'll be like "WTF? My stock is gone?"

Sure.

But I can only be annoyed for so long when it comes to incompetent people.

Oh well.:p

Well, everyone loves the Ken combo, so let's just keep the discussion on track.

Black_jo

Smash Journeyman

lol i don't think they know that combo

i wonder if they can short hop

Psydon

Smash Journeyman
http://youtube.com/watch?v=JodYWDUxprI

1. You can clearly see that the Olimar player DI'ed into Marth. Not only that, the player didn't even airdodge or attack; that was a computer move.

2. The tipped fair would completely botch any attempts of pulling this off. And if this Combo can only be executed with a non-tipped fair that severely reduces its effectiveness; nevermind the fact that Marth's sword is shorter.

3. Marth's spike is stronger.

4. The Marth player was lucky enough to trap the Olimar a short distance above the stage, facilitating the distance relative to the floor necessary to make the Ken Combo work. Considering how matches in Brawl usually play out, such a scenario is not likely to occur.

Oh, well.

*C3138R47I0N!!!*

Ken Combo confirmed! :)

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
it does not work vs good people, any good person who's played good people will tell you this, and if they don't then they are wrong.
hey, you don't belong in this thread, get out of here! lol This is a ken appreciation thread, not a "m2k combo thread"

Anyways, I've played against good people and it has worked. Don't tell me that I'm wrong either because I'm not. It's not like melee, you just need to know how to do it this time around.

I can't wait for brawl tournaments!

RazeveX

Smash Ace
hey, you don't belong in this thread, get out of here! lol This is a ken appreciation thread, not a "m2k combo thread"

Anyways, I've played against good people and it has worked. Don't tell me that I'm wrong either because I'm not. It's not like melee, you just need to know how to do it this time around.

lol, how is it i always reply to your comments first?

we must be near the same timezone or something...

so are you gonna main marth in brawl? After playing around, he seems at least high tier.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
well, in anycase, ken + brawl marth = ken combo ftw, ftv, fth.
and apperently m2k + kens ego = teh big boot.

i for one am happy that the ken combo is back. without ken combing with it, marth just isnt the same.
NOW ANIKI JUST NEEDS TO CONFIRM HIS MINDGAMES?! FTPOAKC? DOES ANYONE UNDERSTAND ME?!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ps. KEN CAN'T WAIT FOR BRAWL TOURNEYS CONFIRMED! LANDMASTER!

Irow

Smash Ace

So Ken, I take it you're coming back to Brawl's tournament scene?

Are you gonna play Marth again?

I'll see you at a tournament soon hopefully.

IrArby

Smash Ace
lol YTMND: http://wiki.ytmnd.com/Safety_Not_Guaranteed

Brawl Ken Combos should come with a disclaimer like this.

WANTED: Somebody to do a Ken Combo with me. This is not a joke P.O. Box 322 Oakview, CA93022. You'll get paid after we get back. Must bring your own controller.Combos not guaranteed. I have only done this once before.

Top Bottom