• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Jace08

Smash Lord
Why are you quitting, Strong Bad? Personally I thought you were just starting to get really good.

And nooo we've lost Pc. I hope you can make it to as many of our saturday night weeklies as possible. If you come back during a weekday or whatever and wanna smash I'm down anytime

As for this week, if no one else can make it to CFMV's and Honda's apartment this Sunday, I'm gonna assume that Ziv probably shouldn't make that drive for so few of us, but I guess I should let him speak for himself.

We might as well smash this Saturday night like normal then (depending on what Ziv says), unless those of you who can smash this Sunday just haven't spoken up yet.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
I come to Lawrence all the time, I just don't know if it will be on smash days, but if I'm there for one I'll totally show up.

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
title

hey i live in columbia and dont have anyone to play, so i'm considering coming to one of these. when/where is it taking place this saturday?

thanks

Cups

Smash Ace
wtf sweet hat? it's been like 2 yrs since i've heard that name around here, you don't even know like 5/6 of the people in this thread lol.

CFMV

"The Marf"
...We might as well smash this Saturday night like normal then (depending on what Ziv says), unless those of you who can smash this Sunday just haven't spoken up yet.
I'm gonna be out of town on Saturday so you'll probably have to find somewhere else to smash unless there's a turn of events.

Jace08

Smash Lord
Isn't Honda Foo still gonna be there though?

Edit: Yeah Ziv just told me that he couldn't make it this weekend anyway

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Yeah I'll be there. I don't have any problem with you guys smashing on Saturday, just make sure there are a few people at the onset so I can go lock myself into my room earlier than last time

Jace08

Smash Lord
Yeah recently like no one has been coming. What the heck guys...

Phat, Markis, Coops, Rezo, Z, BunnyAvenger, Arkive, 8bit, Strong Bad, Duck & Massive what do we have to do to get you guys to come? We had a good thing going in KCMO; I didn't know moving smash to lawrence would mess it all up.

If Charlie and Honda's place is too far I'd be fine with finding a location that's closer to you all.

Massive

Smash Champion
I think the big issue is still that we have never found another central location, Liberty and Lawrence are about as far as you can go on opposite sides of KC (Random Blue Springs smash aside).

The only reason we had numbers at Cherry and the Barrio is because of their reasonably central location and Darkrain.

only1Z

Smash Champion
If you didn't think darkrain moving would kill the KC/lawrence smash scene, you must have been nuts.

Jace08

Smash Lord
Nah Z I knew that would happen but I thought that we would at least get more of a turnout than we've been getting recently.

Well, I'd be fine with finding a new location, like somewhere close to cherry or whatever. Those of us here in Lawrence are probably more willing to travel farther anyway. But I should let you guys speak for yourselves.

Does anyone know any good places to smash in KCMO then?

only1Z

Smash Champion
Huh, what's that? Nobody likes you, you say? Quoting and editing peoples posts isn't funny at all?!

Massive

Smash Champion
Finolimar said:
I'm a huge, elitist ****** that goes where no one wants me to be. Brawl is for fat anime chicks that say kawaii too much.

~Fino
*fixed* this is my first fixed post, what does everyone think?
I lol'd.
Fino is actually a pretty cool guy when he's not doing IC infinites.

The quickest fix? (At least) one of us needs to get near-Darkrain good and resurrect KC smash. Any volunteers?

Jturley46

Smash Journeyman
Yeah recently like no one has been coming. What the heck guys...

Phat, Markis, Coops, Rezo, Z, BunnyAvenger, Arkive, 8bit, Strong Bad, Duck & Massive & JTurley what do we have to do to get you guys to come? We had a good thing going in KCMO; I didn't know moving smash to lawrence would mess it all up.

If Charlie and Honda's place is too far I'd be fine with finding a location that's closer to you all.
fixed

10char

Jace08

Smash Lord
Oops sorry Jturley I can't believe I forgot you! My bad.

So isn't there somewhere in KCMO where we can smash? I don't have any connections there myself, so a little help please

As for tomorrow night, I'm willing to smash at CFMV's and Honda's for the time being. Is anyone else planning on coming?

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
just curious. how long do these (smashfests) tend to last? i ask because i might come to one, but i would have to make a 2 hour drive, so i want to make sure it lasts more than just a couple hours

edit: i'm also kind of confused. is there going to be one today? or is it tomorrow?

Massive

Smash Champion
just curious. how long do these (smashfests) tend to last? i ask because i might come to one, but i would have to make a 2 hour drive, so i want to make sure it lasts more than just a couple hours

edit: i'm also kind of confused. is there going to be one today? or is it tomorrow?
I don't know about circumstances this weekend, we may be canceling without word from Pyro or Charlie/Honda.

Generally smashing begins at around 6 and will go until midnightish; however it really depends on how late we can stay at the place we have picked out.

dmac

Smash Champion
fino just say something ******** to me in person and see what happens. unlike you, who supposedly is a decent guy in person, i am not. i am a uncivilized, uncouth, angry individual who will beat the **** out of you just for making a joking offhand remark

also, the thing that hurt us the most was losing cherry, not darkrain

Top Bottom