• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Jace08

Smash Lord
For this Saturday night I guess I could also bring my labtop with TIO so we can have a tourney this time. In the future I might also be able to record finals and throw em up on youtube for the heck of it

Also we need a name for our lawrence meetings cuz it's the cool thing to do

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
For this Saturday night I guess I could also bring my labtop with TIO so we can have a tourney this time. In the future I might also be able to record finals and throw em up on youtube for the heck of it

Also we need a name for our lawrence meetings cuz it's the cool thing to do
Umm how about cool college kid smash since everyone is in college except for me! Honestly though KU smash all the way. Who all is going to Charlie's tomorrow? Also arkive if you were a
Woman I would make love to you. Play me in blazblue tomorrow which I will prooobably be bringing.

D

Deleted member

fo sho mang, blazblue is the ****

i'll probably be playing arakune a lot because i have to get him as legit as my rachel

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
arkive stole himself from 8-bit by refusing to play melee
im totally teaming w/ 8-bit from now on to fill the void left in our friend from arkive's harrible betrayul.

and i still dunno if smash is at pyro's or at charlies, someone fill me in?

papermarkis

Smash Lord
I'll pretty much never make it to any Lawrence meeting. And no this isn't me whining about driving a long time, it's simply not in my power to make it even if I want to. But I'm busy tomorrow anyways.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
fo sho mang, blazblue is the ****

i'll probably be playing arakune a lot because i have to get him as legit as my rachel
Oh man I wanted to pick up araKune since Tao is so low tier, but I hate his button hold system. I'm still pretty nooble since I just picked up the game but I got some bnbs down at least. Train me arkive! I still don't even know if we're talking pyro smash or lAwrence smash though. If it's outta town could I get a ride from someone? :)

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
i **** peeps with hakumen and he's 2nd worst in the game....

no johns pc chris, stay with tao she is the only char who really has a pretty good matchup with nu.

Jace08

Smash Lord
Well seeing as CFMV said that he is hosting and it's a much shorter drive for us here in Lawrence, I'm gonna go to CFMV's. Anyone who had planned on going to Pyro's place though don't let that stop you from going if he is hosting tonight

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Welp then I guess I'll see you peeps at KU smash. Arkive I dunno if you're coming or not but if you do you should bring your Blazblue. I have it on ps3 with NO STICKS!!!!11

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
tier johns are kind of weak.... as is bragging about doing well with a bad character.

Cups

Smash Ace
i think johns on tiers are well deserved, it's like arguing that a gun in an fps isn't any better than any other gun. certain characters are like the golden gun and some are like the pp7, that's just how things are. even the best player in the world can lose if his opponent only uses the golden gun compared to his pp7.

Uli

Smash Champion
im interested in that tourny archive
you should teach me how to play rachel :3
picked her up recently

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
cups: it's a legitimate reason for losing if your character is worse than your opponents character, even if you are "better," than them, but I mean come on.... if someone cares that much that they complain about their character being bad being the sole reason for their loss, then they should pick a better character. example: DK isn't really a good character in comparison to others, but I like to use him and have fun doing it. I accept DK's weaknesses and understand that I may lose to people I would beat with a better character, but use DK anyway. I don't really think that saying "no johns" to tier johns is the same as saying "tiers don't exist," either. imo

basically, what markis said.

Top Bottom