• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The quickest fix? (At least) one of us needs to get near-Darkrain good and resurrect KC smash. Any volunteers?
I'll do it. Being really good with Fox is pretty easy if you get passed the stage where you try to spam tech-skill, rather than using it to do what you want, when you need to, and quickly enough.

though i can't go to Lawrence smashfests. and probably won't even get close to like... z/phat/dmac level anytime soon. =D

rezo

Smash Apprentice
whatever happened to pyro's aunt's house? i was actually planning on taking tonight off...

papermarkis

Smash Lord
Yeah, no one really stopped coming when David left. The only person I ever remember quitting was PC. Rezo actually started coming MORE when he left. Losing such a central location as Kansas City was our real downfall. I don't think getting a KC location is possible anymore, considering there's no where on UMKC that can be used as a meeting place and to my knowledge, me, Cups, and Jturley are the only people who actually live in KC. Cups and Jt's houses are definite no-nos. Oak Street Hall has no place to plug in multiple TVs in it's lounging space and it would be hard to get permission anyway considering we no longer have an RA contact.

Massive

Smash Champion
fino just say something ******** to me in person and see what happens. unlike you, who supposedly is a decent guy in person, i am not. i am a uncivilized, uncouth, angry individual who will beat the **** out of you just for making a joking offhand remark

also, the thing that hurt us the most was losing cherry, not darkrain[
Yeah, DMAC is a murder machine. Some would even endeavor to say a Death Machine.

And yeah, the loss of Cherry is what put us in this situation to begin with. My point was that people would tend to show up from many miles away just to play Darkrain. Adding someone like that to any venue makes it substantially more attractive.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
massive, I don't know about that. I don't speak for everyone, but darkrain isn't/wasn't the only reason I go/went to smashfests. It's more of an opportunity to hang out with the crew and have a good time, and yeah smash with people. That might just be because dark doesn't like (to play) me, though. :D
Though, I do think that some people (cups, phat, markis, etc. I guess) were pretty good friends with dark/z and miss getting to hang out w/ them, smash or not, but I think that location is the main reason most people have stopped coming (it's at least my reason, but meh, no one cares). What did happen to Pyro's aunt's house, anyway?
speaking of which, what happened to them there smym10 vids....

but dmac is definitely a death machine

Massive

Smash Champion
massive, I don't know about that. I don't speak for everyone, but darkrain isn't/wasn't the only reason I go/went to smashfests. It's more of an opportunity to hang out with the crew and have a good time, and yeah smash with people. That might just be because dark doesn't like (to play) me, though. :D
Though, I do think that some people (cups, phat, markis, etc. I guess) were pretty good friends with dark/z and miss getting to hang out w/ them, smash or not, but I think that location is the main reason most people have stopped coming (it's at least my reason, but meh, no one cares).
I'm not saying that's the reason anyone showed up consistently, I'm saying it was a reason TO show up for more/new people.

Dave rarely wanted to play me either. I'm a scrub. Even when I was good at this game I was still a scrub. I can't even wavedash properly most of the time! I just show up so I can have something to do on Saturday nights and because I don't get to smash every day like I did in college.

And again, I agree; good location is the solution.

Jace08

Smash Lord
Well, we can't smash in KCMO if we don't have anywhere to play there... I'll try to find something myself but I doubt I'll turn up with anything

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
God, I'm so glad I read the thread today. Such good lulz.

fino just say something ******** to me in person and see what happens. unlike you, who supposedly is a decent guy in person, i am not. i am a uncivilized, uncouth, angry individual who will beat the **** out of you just for making a joking offhand remark

also, the thing that hurt us the most was losing cherry, not darkrain
Haha he's totally serious Fino. Dmac is an animal. I SEEN it.

Arkive's Rachel is too good, his practice paid off. Blazblue ftw. CFMV my laptop is a piece of cheese, but I'll try and remember to bring it next time. You will feel the wrath of my pro Zerg. We could always play online though... I need warm up. It's been a LONG time.

D

Deleted member

why would you come to play darkrain if you could come and watch arkive play blaz blue for 6 hours
just practicin that rachel........
Aerial Rave - St Louis 9/26 (i'll get the link later but results were like this)

1. AKA (Ragna)
2. Radian (Nu)
3. ArkiveZero (Rachel)
4. AxioM (Jin)
5. Warden (Rachel)

watchuwando?

adhdsoad

Smash Lord

*smirks*

~Fino
If you learn how to play against Nu she isn't that bad. People need to stop *****ing about tiers and work on the match up if they have trouble with it instead. You should probably play the game before you smirk instead of reading youtube comments and making a hypothesis from them. Once a meta knight stops winning every single tournament in the country, you can then talk about how broken a game is. Also, notice that Ragna, a mid tier character with horrible mix up options won the tournament.

Fino

Smash Master
If you learn how to play against Nu she isn't that bad. People need to stop *****ing about tiers and work on the match up if they have trouble with it instead. You should probably play the game before you smirk instead of reading youtube comments and making a hypothesis from them. Once a meta knight stops winning every single tournament in the country, you can then talk about how broken a game is. Also, notice that Ragna, a mid tier character with horrible mix up options won the tournament.
Funny, m2k got third at the last big tournament.
Last I heard snakes and diddys are winning all the tournaments... then again, I'm only apart of the brawl scene.
If you learn how to play against mk he isn't that bad. People need to stop *****ing about tiers and work on the match up if they have trouble with it instead. You should probably play the game before you make bold claims such as that instead of reading youtube comments and making a hypothesis from them.
Jigglypuff was 17/26 on the first melee tier list. But judging a character solely off of the first few months of being out has always been a smart idea right?

~Fino

adhdsoad

Smash Lord

Funny, m2k got third at the last big tournament.
Last I heard snakes and diddys are winning all the tournaments... then again, I'm only apart of the brawl scene.
If you learn how to play against mk he isn't that bad. People need to stop *****ing about tiers and work on the match up if they have trouble with it instead. You should probably play the game before you make bold claims such as that instead of reading youtube comments and making a hypothesis from them.
Jigglypuff was 17/26 on the first melee tier list. But judging a character solely off of the first few months of being out has always been a smart idea right?

~Fino
Actually, it's not funny.

Brawl has been out for more than a year, not a few months, and Meta Knight has not moved on the tier list at all since release. Unless of course you're talking about Blazblue, then yes it's foolish to judge a character from the first few months of the game being out...

Fino

Smash Master
Actually, it's not funny.

Brawl has been out for more than a year, not a few months, and Meta Knight has not moved on the tier list at all since release. Unless of course you're talking about Blazblue, then yes it's foolish to judge a character from the first few months of the game being out...
Ya, I was talking about BB ^^;

~Fino

rezo

Smash Apprentice
i'm almost positive i don't give a **** about this argument, but i'm a little hungover so who knows?

D

Deleted member

*smirks*

~Fino
you're a pretty bad troll

what you don't know is i beat 2 nu players before hand, le is just a really good player and we've been tied for 2nd best in KC for a while now.

i played poorly, i made bad decisions. if you think nu is really that bad then you are a ****ing scrub.

Massive

Smash Champion
you're a pretty bad troll

what you don't know is i beat 2 nu players before hand, le is just a really good player and we've been tied for 2nd best in KC for a while now.

i played poorly, i made bad decisions. if you think nu is really that bad then you are a ****ing scrub.

Nu?

Cups

Smash Ace
im proud of you arkive!

im thinking about keeping a tally of how long it takes pyro to get simple videos up. it's funny because he always bashes how long it takes people to get videos up, but takes the longest of all of them.

D

Deleted member

st louis's best player

he's a really good player but i lost to him because i ****ed up my kill combo and i didnt know how to fight ragna. time to practice that rachel lol

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
that's just about the best way possible of texting while playing

Jace08

Smash Lord
We haven't had a tourney around her in awhile, so I'm gonna be hosting a melee and 64 tournament in McCollum's basement on Oct. 24. You all better be there!

It should be pretty decent sized b/c I'm getting a bunch of scrubs around campus to come by putting up flyers. I've met a lot of people who've said they'd be interested in coming. As for setups, I only have like 2 to bring so I'm really gonna need all the setups you guys can bring.

I'll make the thread pretty soon here. I hope we get some OOS interest

Jace08

Smash Lord
Ah dangit stupid Brawl tournament...

Eh, after looking at No Koast's thread I'm not really concerned. If that tournament is supposed to have any kind of substantal melee turnout, no one's talking about it. The Brawl players will go to their tourney, and the melee and 64 players will (hopefully) go to mine.

Thanks for the heads up though stealth.

Top Bottom