• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

CFMV

"The Marf"
I hate to disappoint, but it looks like it's going to be mostly or all melee from here on out.

I'll make sure to get footage of everybody getting owned for the combo video.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
It seemed to me the main reason there was so little brawl last time was because StealthRaptor's and Xion's crews didn't show up. Assuming I get the read right that they are more brawl than melee, that makes a pretty substantial number of brawl players. Even if they were the only ones playing brawl other than my group, I can't say I'd be disappointed.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Melee is just so good, why would anyone ever need brawl? I was always a big supporter of "If it isn't broken don't fix it."

They should of just made expansions on melee, even though that is nearly impossible with the gamecube...

DYC

Smash Champion
I hate to disappoint, but it looks like it's going to be mostly or all melee from here on out.

I'll make sure to get footage of everybody getting owned for the combo video.
I don't have an issue with there being a couple brawl setups, just keep the snoozefests off the nice tvs lol.

Jesi

Smash Ace
Me neither. I'll even dabble in brawl here and there, until I get upset at how stupid I have to play to win and then go do something else. But, as I've always said, the game is gorgeous and I don't mind looking at it lol.

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
So I've been playing brawl (Lol) and playing as Falco. It's not too terrible. Me and C-had play while Footies games are getting players and the game is loading. And since we play footies every night for like 3 hours it comes out to a little bit.

Melee is fun though, I like falco in Melee too. I get ***** by everyone who's anyone at that game though.

With a little actual experience (Never been serious about melee) I might have a shot at beating someone in Melee. I mean, shine, jump, dair, shine, jump dair RITE?!? BTW falco dtilt OWNNS in melee. Just remembered. I'm gonna **** some people up this weekend, and then we can fight IRL.

Jesi

Smash Ace
Well, Missy is all moved out this mornin'. It's kinda sad, so empty upstairs. :( But she left an extra little TV! Which is cool, and a small bed upstairs... hmmm

I'm sitting in the house all alone, well not really, Fox and Falco are chillin' with me too. First thing I did was let them explore the upper half of their kingdom lol. But not really, I still don't know if we'll allow ppl up there, up to David. I just wanted to share my reflections~

See you guys soooon :p

Cups

Smash Ace
i'm sorry we don't speak to phatgamers anymore in case anyone was wondering. (hi phat!)

guess i'll start getting the picture this tuesday

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
Did Jturley ever find his beloved (Controller)?

smash was very cool this weekend. I don't even have my brawl case, or I'd trade it in.

I do enjoy cooperative HRC, so if anyone is good at video games they can team with me or chad to break some records.

Me and Chad got about 8000 with Yoshi and Ganondorf. After looking at some vids and strat guides we gota little more knowledge.

Been considering playing DotA, but then we started on a few Footmen Frenzy. So if anyone who happens to play FF wants to play in either 8.4, 5.4, 4.2, X,-X3, or 6.2 just send me a PM with a challenge. We're playing X3 right now...

GG Internet.

papermarkis

Smash Lord
Good lord, PT's more low tier than I thought.

And Dmac you know I owned you in some Melee last saturday. Don't pretend you sat at a Melee station waiting for people all night instead of cuddling with your gf.

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
Is open to all players, is this a melee tourney or brawl and what about UMKC melee tourney? i need a practice partner on the weekends anyone in Kansas City wanna play or any place close by

darkrain

Smash Ace
That tourney in omaha is a brawl tournament. There will be a melee tournament in Kansas City at the UMKC campus sometime in late July. I should have the thread up in a couple days.

We play melee in Kansas City almost every Saturday starting at about 6pm so you can come by to practice with us if you're interested. Mapquest the address and walk down the long driveway and knock on the backdoor if you ever feel like firing it up with some real pros.

6627 E 15th Terrace
Kansas City, MO 64126

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
Darkrain/Dmax

Teach me falco, I practice my SHL this week, and my WD, but I get ***** by mindgames really, really bad.

Captain Falcon seems to whoop my *** too....not sure about that match-up but I'm sure Falco has a decent chance.

Just seems like my recovery gets ***** really bad by falcon.

Been fun though, only been playing against Chad's unknowledgable ***, but from what I've seen Falco has some sick combo potential.

Should be fun. :D

BTW guys wtf is this zelda game that I keep hearing aboot?

Jace08

Smash Lord
I'm gonna see if I can change my work schedule so I can come to Barrio this Sat. Stealth do you mind giving me a ride from JCCC if you're going?

I've played melee the last few days and holy crap I forgot how freaking awesome it is.

Secks.

Smash Ace
That tourney in omaha is a brawl tournament. There will be a melee tournament in Kansas City at the UMKC campus sometime in late July. I should have the thread up in a couple days.

We play melee in Kansas City almost every Saturday starting at about 6pm so you can come by to practice with us if you're interested. Mapquest the address and walk down the long driveway and knock on the backdoor if you ever feel like firing it up with some real pros.

6627 E 15th Terrace
Kansas City, MO 64126
We'll have to make this meele tourny for sure. I'll try to rally up the troops. Good **** Dark.

DYC

Smash Champion
Darkrain/Dmax

Teach me falco, I practice my SHL this week, and my WD, but I get ***** by mindgames really, really bad.

Captain Falcon seems to whoop my *** too....not sure about that match-up but I'm sure Falco has a decent chance.

Just seems like my recovery gets ***** really bad by falcon.

Been fun though, only been playing against Chad's unknowledgable ***, but from what I've seen Falco has some sick combo potential.

Should be fun. :D

BTW guys wtf is this zelda game that I keep hearing aboot?
Falco ***** Falcon unless you are Darkrain.

We'll have to make this meele tourny for sure. I'll try to rally up the troops. Good **** Dark.
Thank the person who will actually be organizing the tourney. Cups.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
OH MAN WILL BARRIO REALLY BE FEATURING MELEE NOW!?!?

I would be so happy if everyone started playing melee again. I never really liked brawl so that short while when everyone was playing brawl, I was playing melee. So maybeeee I have caught up a little bit more, and Dmac and Darkrain won't completely **** me anymore XD

It would definitely make barrio more enticing.

DYC

Smash Champion
OH MAN WILL BARRIO REALLY BE FEATURING MELEE NOW!?!?

I would be so happy if everyone started playing melee again. I never really liked brawl so that short while when everyone was playing brawl, I was playing melee. So maybeeee I have caught up a little bit more, and Dmac and Darkrain won't completely **** me anymore XD

It would definitely make barrio more enticing.
Yeah instead now you will just get ***** by Z, Phat, Jesi, Cups, dmac, dark, and me.

Oh wait, that was how it was before brawl.

Top Bottom