• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
Sorry I had to leave so early, I know you all wanted me to stay (DYC).

Me and Chad got ****ed up and played Rock Band. We lost.

GG barrio. Don't even fade out.

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
Well I concur to it being a good time yesterday I had to leave early because of some personal things but I hope to come out next sat to play. Good games dark your very good with that captain but give me a few more matches and I'm sure ill beat you not to brag but I beat all of Kansas is that possible with the exception of dark. I was kinda expecting more from cups and dmac oh and dyc as well but you can't get everthing. Also thank you silent Jupiter for being so kind when I got there all early lol you are very good at smash and I hope to play you also next sat.

dmac

Smash Champion
I was expecting more from *you* actually. No one in this thread claimed to be "a clone of Forward". If thats really how good you think Sean is you're a ****ing insulting sick son of a *****.

DYC

Smash Champion
Well I concur to it being a good time yesterday I had to leave early because of some personal things but I hope to come out next sat to play. Good games dark your very good with that captain but give me a few more matches and I'm sure ill beat you not to brag but I beat all of Kansas is that possible with the exception of dark. I was kinda expecting more from cups and dmac oh and dyc as well but you can't get everthing. Also thank you silent Jupiter for being so kind when I got there all early lol you are very good at smash and I hope to play you also next sat.
You beat my captain. I haven't played Captain as my main since like 2006. You never beat my main once, as i just remember 3stocking your falco and loling your sheik and peach.

I don't understand people like you. You are decent but you are absolutely nothing to write home about. Yet you seem to think that you are amazing. Well get this straight, you aren't amazing. Dark is amazing. Sean is amazing. Playing with Sean doesn't make you amazing by proxy, you have to do that yourself. You haven't.

So maybe next time instead of getting angry at all the "random" stuff that happens in teams, or how "lame" or "gay" Jiggs is, you could just get better.

And maybe you could try not being so angry all the time when someone is actually interested in why you came to KS. It helps when you are trying to make new friends. If you aren't here to make friends then you really should stay in Ft. Riley.

We've also known Sean for over three years now and if you think you are even close to him you are kidding yourself bigtime.

Winning a match and "beating someone" are two different things. I can win the occasional match against Dark but by no means am I as good as him. So lastly, get over yourself.

Cups

Smash Ace
I've been to three tourneys lol. I sd'd four times and still almost won our set (while drinking), but i didn't care because i don't play the game not to say i'm good or to beat people but to have fun and develop actual interpersonal skills with people, which you kind of lack. We have all beaten Dark before, but it doesn't matter b/c it isn't a tourney match, and you won't beat Dark at your current level. You are at best mediocre so keep working and then maybe. But with how rude and unpleasant you were to me and pretty much everyone except Jesi (who you sure as hell better not be rude to), I wouldn't be so quick to say "next week," because currently i'm not so sure that you would be welcome to come back. You were extremely rude on the phone when i was trying to help you in my free time, were put off when we had to play eachother in losers, and said "ill be right back" and then left. Like i'm not too sure if you are just a douche or an idiot but you really need to work on some things not only to keep coming here but to get anywhere in life ha ha.

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
I was kinda expecting more from cups and dmac oh and dyc as well but you can't get everthing.
Wow not cool. DYC, Cups, and Dmac are all awesome at melee. If everyone was in "serious business" mode the tournament would have been a lot more challenging for you. Kansas City is kinda like a friendly environment, so it's cool to take the ego's out when playing.

Kansas City is pretty friendly (Except Jturly, JK LOL <3) so lets all be friends here and let the good times roll.

We have all beaten Dark before, but it doesn't matter b/c it isn't a tourney match, and you won't beat Dark at your current level.
I never beat dark...I chaingrabbed him once in brawl once. :(

Big Burn

Smash Lord
wow this is ultimate fail. what a f-ucking tool. im sure nebraska would **** all over u

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
Please everyone don't get upset. My purpose in coming to darks place was to put myself to the test of skill. I was all business yesterday and wasn't looking to make friends but you all were very kind and welcoming to me

I apologize for being so rude and cocky. To address a few comments put forth, I never said I was amazing dark is very good and I'm glad to get the chance to play someone at his skill level that's what I look for in playing. I guess I take melee too seriously I'm just really competitive I guess. And I didn't mean to put anyone down because everyone had great talent I should have been looking to have fun instead.

Cups I wasn't trying to be rude in fact I thougt you were pretty cool and I was really nervous playing you and dmac. Once again I apologize for being an *** believe me that was not the intention. And if I may I would like to come next sat as well ill even buy the beer!

Cups

Smash Ace
Props for manning up mr. j. You have to see things from our point of view tho, we have only seen this kind of cocky ego-driven attitude from you that is just unimpressive and frankly pathetic. I'm all about giving people second chances and next time I'll try my best while playing you. As long as you know you were being difficult and wanting to challenge yourself is respectable, and I understand coming from the first time from far away can be difficult, but yeah just know that we are all extremely laid back and for the most part uncompetitive. I hope to see ya again on saturday, and I'll take you up on that beer.

DYC

Smash Champion
Please everyone don't get upset. My purpose in coming to darks place was to put myself to the test of skill. I was all business yesterday and wasn't looking to make friends but you all were very kind and welcoming to me

I apologize for being so rude and cocky. To address a few comments put forth, I never said I was amazing dark is very good and I'm glad to get the chance to play someone at his skill level that's what I look for in playing. I guess I take melee too seriously I'm just really competitive I guess. And I didn't mean to put anyone down because everyone had great talent I should have been looking to have fun instead.

Cups I wasn't trying to be rude in fact I thougt you were pretty cool and I was really nervous playing you and dmac. Once again I apologize for being an *** believe me that was not the intention. And if I may I would like to come next sat as well ill even buy the beer!
We take pride in our hospitality. And if you come next weekend you should get the opportunity to play our other sheik main, teh Phatgamer. If he shows up, that is.

Taking the game seriously and being competitive is great because the drive to get better is something we all have. Otherwise, we wouldn't be where we are with melee. But you just have to remember that you can be playing seriously and still have a good time. I can only guess how hard it must be to try to start playing with a whole new group of people, especially a group as close knit as we are. Next week you should still come looking for some competitive games, but just be ready to have some fun as well.

papermarkis

Smash Lord
This is from the newest Nintendo Power:

Sakurai was asked why does Smash remain popular despite the popularity of fighting games declining in recent years.

"I think it's because it is, in fact, not a fighting game. The nature of it is similar to a sports game in which the player shoots an opponent as if it were a ball." - Masahiro Sakurai

I had to lol.

Jturley46

Smash Journeyman
This is from the newest Nintendo Power:

Sakurai was asked why does Smash remain popular despite the popularity of fighting games declining in recent years.

"I think it's because it is, in fact, not a fighting game. The nature of it is similar to a sports game in which the player shoots an opponent as if it were a ball."
what the heck, lol.

dmac

Smash Champion
god, if foward didn't use cheap characters like falco and fox and sheik and only used like pichu i would **** him probably :( i can already tell a couple more matches, and if he used pichu, i would dominate him! i mean, hes pretty good, but its only cause hes cheap

Jace08

Smash Lord
We take pride in our hospitality.
As well you should. Just wanted to chime in and say that you guys really are great hosts, and thanks for that.

Oh, and great news for me today. I talked to my manager at work and after I said I had to quit because I kept getting scheduled Sat. nights, he said I'll never have to work a Sat. night again. So I can come to Barrio for now on and still keep my job. I hope I can start catching a ride with you again Stealth starting this Sat? That would help me out a ton.

Lol Dmac you can still fight my Pichu and stay away from that cheap ol' forward.

N64

Smash Champion
So I've been playing lots of falco lately.
And by playing lots of falco I mean destroying lvl 1 comps with falco. I need to find people to smash with here.
But yeah, who knew high tiers were fun.

DYC

Smash Champion
So I've been playing lots of falco lately.
And by playing lots of falco I mean destroying lvl 1 comps with falco. I need to find people to smash with here.
But yeah, who knew high tiers were fun.
You piece of ****. I hate you.

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
Good stuff ill be there cant wait to really get to play last Sat. i was rushed so ill be able to relax drink a beer and play some smash my to fav. things. It's the highlight of my week, works sucks!

Jesi

Smash Ace
Maybe we'll even light some fireworks...i know i haven't had a sparkler around in ages. :( *tear

Top Bottom