• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Cups

Smash Ace
it's not a john to say that you have crappy pokemon. However, it is in fact a john saying that your pokemon suck because you are too busy playing multiple other games. Thus, you are alluding to the fact that your pokemon would be leet haxxorz if you didn't have all the games you currently have to play. I'd also like to add to the convo that Markis has stated that he would like to switch mains to the following: Fox or Marth, to which I throw out a big LOL to his bashing of Z's char choices.

I do, however, still love Markis.

papermarkis

Smash Lord
I never said I wanted to switch to Fox and Marth. I just wanted to play them a little while to get experience with other characters and get better tech skill. However, I have never loved you Cups. Never, ever.

Jesi

Smash Ace
This is getting intense. Maybe we need to all step back a little...AND PLAY A REAL GAME LIKE TEKKEN 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..

Hello, is this Jesi?

No, but we might still be having barrio smash next weekend due to a flaw in the plan.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY EVERYONE!! ;)

only1Z

Smash Champion
Hmm flaws...hmm...yes..I suppose some flaws save a few hundred dollars.

*We all already know what game is runner up in badass gamery......and it's pokemanz.

Or is it Street Fighter III......It all just blurs together now.

Cups

Smash Ace
I was just trying to get markis to say more things that would result in everyone saying no johns like dyc lol. I know I would feel a hell of a lot better if you guys didn't go lol, the GUILT is killing me!

Big Burn

Smash Lord
lol watching a brawl combo vid is about as lame as watching a video of old people fu-cking in a nursing home

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
So anyway, I guess for now we're assuming there's no Barrio this week as well. For those who don't know, I'm the Mr. Game & Watch player who has been trying to get involved in the smash scene since that JCC tournament. I'm posting on behalf of Alex (my friend who plays Fox/Diddy and isn't terribly good at brawl yet... and doesn't have a smashboards account) about the possibility of meeting up at his place instead. We're really more hoping for a focus on brawl, and the double benefit to that is that it should be a much shorter trip for the Kansas guys; his place is pretty close to State Line and Minor. His basement isn't quite as nice as Darkrain's, but we can supply 3 brawl set ups and probably have room for 5. I guess we don't have any objection to melee being around, but seeing as we really don't play it any more, it's of limited interest to us.

If some guys want to show up, let me know, and we'll work out issues with the time, etc (as well as post the actual address). Our jobs prevent us from making the JCC meetings unfortunately (especially since JCC isn't far away), and it's just been too long since we've brawled some of you. I hope some guys want to come; it could be a great time!

Xion DarkRose

Smash Apprentice
If some guys want to show up, let me know, and we'll work out issues with the time, etc (as well as post the actual address). Our jobs prevent us from making the JCC meetings unfortunately (especially since JCC isn't far away), and it's just been too long since we've brawled some of you. I hope some guys want to come; it could be a great time!
My crew would show up since we haven't much else to do on a saturday niter. Last saturday we stayed up till around 2am making fun of Vion and his woman problems... so yeah, we could totally make it, provided theres no Barrio.

papermarkis

Smash Lord
Hey, guys. I've been playing around with Windows Movie Maker a bit, and if someone can provide me with clips and music to use, I think I can make that Darkrain combo vid we've been always wanting.

CFMV

"The Marf"
Yeah Nick and I were actually talking about a Darkrain combo video a few months back. I was gonna edit it with Sony Vegas, which is a hell of a lot better than WMM. I can bring some camera stuff and record some material any time as long as it's ok with Dark.

pyroty

Smash Apprentice
Yeah Nick and I were actually talking about a Darkrain combo video a few months back. I was gonna edit it with Sony Vegas, which is a hell of a lot better than WMM. I can bring some camera stuff and record some material any time as long as it's ok with Dark.
yeah I was about to say, I could do it, I have pinnacle software, but wow Sony Vegas? Nice, but I could bring tapes, I record on VHS then use Analog/Digital converter to get it on my PC, then I could somehow send it to you. You should bring your equipment next barrio, I swear.. good footage comes out of like every match dark plays in XD

dmac

Smash Champion
holy crap ben is even cooler than anyone i've ever known before. also, barrio is going to ****ing own this weekend. get ready to get buck.

also the darkrain combo video would be awesome but its gotta be the most amazing video to ever be made, one falcon combo video to rule them all.

dmac

Smash Champion
yes there will be blood. err... barrio! the chicago trip was cancelled due to a certain oversight by a Mr. Rain.

also, for you non spanish speakers, you say barrio like Bar - ri - o!

i'm super mexican!

CFMV

"The Marf"
I have a digital camera with composite cables. I could record direct digital footage at good quality. If anyone has a better option let me know.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Wait this combo video will be of melee right? Because if not I will be very disappointed!

Oh and make sure all of the combos are on Dmac... You know, just for giggles...

Rofl I love you dmac <3

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Well, it looks like we're canceling then; we'll all see you at the Barrio. Either way it's all good; brawl is always a great time! I guess we'll try doing something the next time the Barrio is canceled; we all rather like playing brawl every weekend with a fairly diverse crowd of skilled players.

Top Bottom