• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
roflmao-copter @ Z's DELICATE way of talking about Guilty Gear.

That game will WTF own every who doesn't have fingers more skilled than Beethoven. (Not really, but you get the idea.)

I think it would be really cool to have a few MAME's set up playing some arcade games. It could be a popular thing to bring together. Maybe I'll do it one day when I get a job, and a place to stay, and some money/friends.

I want to play ^Core so bad it's not funny. I heard Ky got the nerf really bad though...oh well. Z you know where Chipp is on the tier list?? Hmmm.

BTW, I see some people on here play DOTA! If anyone ever wants to play Footmen Frenzy (any version) with me and C-had we're game.

only1Z

Smash Champion
Chip is in the middle I believe, kind of where he's always been if I recall. Like...tiers aren't quite as extreme, cause the game is so balanced *in a good ****ing way, yayuhz*

papermarkis

Smash Lord
So many good posts. I was thinking about it constantly, but now I think I'm actually going to go to Gamestop and trade my Brawl for Melee. The only reason I've been playing it is that whenever I needed my Smash fix, Melee was no where around.

cue

Smash Journeyman
tiers dont really matter in gg unless its high level play

gg is a lot like melee as in if you dont dedicate lots of time you just wont be good thats why i was never that good at melee i couldnt do the things i really wanted to i jus didnt have the excution

but brawl! thats what i like about it you can part time it and still do it and it allows others who might not have the time ect. to get good at it with out having to play so much.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
BTW, I see some people on here play DOTA! If anyone ever wants to play Footmen Frenzy (any version) with me and C-had we're game.
Mmmm hmmm I play lotssss of DotA. It never gets old but I'm not much of a Footy kind of person. HAHA PC Chris...

Oh, and Naomi Watts is like... 40 years old

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
Me and Chad are thinking about playing Dota, I have pretty good micro skills....

But there are so many heroes it's overwhelming.

BTW, Maybe Ky is GGX2 is just easy mode. Because I can string together some combo's with him effortlessly. I think everyone I know from Shoryuken plays Ky in that game...or at least has him as a second.

I really like Chipp's fast and furious style of fighting, and he has some good mix ups with his teleports.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Ohhhh yeah dude... I gots teh uber micro. Get on that DotA!!! It's by far one of the best maps on Warcraft 3. I've never personally played Guilty Gear but from what I've heard it's very fun. And if it is anything like melee or Street Fighter I would dig it.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Well I'm pretty sure I have every pokemon version ever made, but bring where?

And what the **** is Cups talking about..?

I'm pretty sure everyone knew that this would come when we all heard the rumors that brawl would be more slow paced and floaty. Yet we ALL had hopes that it wouldn't turn out totally suck, but it did anyways. I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but now what does a gamer do if there are no current games good to play. I mean brawl was a total bust... So now I just play a lot of DotA? I still play a lot of melee, but I doubt it will ever become tourneyf*g worthy again. HEEEEELLLLP!

R.I.P. - All smasher's hopes and dreams.

Jace08

Smash Lord
I've always said that if I try to play both Brawl and Melee, I'll probably end up sucking in both games. But what the heck, I think I'll start playing Melee again in addition to Brawl. The game's just too good /obvious statement

papermarkis

Smash Lord
Well as for your Pogeymanz, I believe Z has a fully trained team in his Diamond if you want to bring it to him. As for me, I started on my team about a year ago, and never finished it due to a lot of new games taking up my leisure time. But once I finish Persona 3: FES, MGS2, MGS3, MGS4, Phantom Hourglass, Advance Wars: Days of Ruin, DKC2, and Metroid Prime 3 I'll get around to it.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
I... AM SO CONFUSED!

But Markis, Advanced Wars is like, one of my favorite series of video games. If you haven't played them before you would love them. It's good s***.

Oh and Jace last time I checked you lived in Lawrence am I correct? Well since you are going to pick up Melee again maybe we could smash sometime? Getting to Kansas City isn't so easy for me every weekend =P

papermarkis

Smash Lord
I know, the original Advance Wars was my first GBA title. And I also owned the first DS Wars. And the more I play through DoR, the more it becomes one of my favorite DS games ever.

dmac

Smash Champion
this is a great opportunity for all the newer guys who came late to melee to really catch up! this is your chance to get better at melee, and yes it will drastically improve your brawl game as well, maybe. so next barrio in 3 weeks or whatever we can do a bunch of melee teaching stuff if you guys are up for it

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
I would be down for hosting, but my whole crew is gone on vacation.

Do I count as new dmac!?!? I want lessons from you! PLEEAASE

Pfft you wish... I could beat you ANY day dmac... HAHA you know you love me =P

Cups

Smash Ace
"no johns" is a smash term coined to describe when a smasher throws out any excuse to explain loss/lowered level of play. i. e. I need a new controller b/c it isn't doing what I want it to do. would be a huge john. Then, "10char" is a SWF term used in order to lengthen a post to the 10 character requirement for a post to be made. If you want to see "johnning" in action, see the last page and all of papermarkis' and stealth raptor's posts on why their pokemanz are so weak. That is johnning at it's best.

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
I would certainly be down for smash tomorrow. I never got around to practicing that much in Melee...I do have some good tech skills, and I play falco so there can't be too much to learn.

BWHAHAHHA

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
bah I never said mine sucked. i just said it i lost with my DS, which i have been posting now for a few weeks...I intend to hack them back though. lets see anyone survive a Garchomp's outrage.....

And the new smashboards look is so weird.....

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
I play Pokemon too....But my team sucks, and i don't play it at any kind of competitive level.

I have a EV'd out Dragonite....he's really good, my only really solid pokemon. But anytime I fight Glaceon (Which everyone has, due to it's sexy SP.ATK) I get beat pretty bad. I gave him Wing Attack because it usually gets first hits against non-uber speed pokemon then it 1shots em.

IMO Dragonite>Garchomp

But that's just because I'm a GEN 1 fanboy.

Garchomp is cooler than both Tyranitar and Salamence.

Jesi

Smash Ace
I just want to post to see my post look all weird and stuff. I'm also incredibly hung over and can't eat this toast. The jam is too much....

Wait, this is a worthless post.

hmm I'll say something worthful. K, so like next week I think we're going to Chicago so no barrio smash then either. SRRY nubz.

pyroty

Smash Apprentice
this is a great opportunity for all the newer guys who came late to melee to really catch up! this is your chance to get better at melee, and yes it will drastically improve your brawl game as well, maybe. so next barrio in 3 weeks or whatever we can do a bunch of melee teaching stuff if you guys are up for it
Sounds awesome, ever since we first played brawl we just thought it sucked, and used it as a time to do some catching up on melee and we've been improving a lot, but the problem is as you know, we only play with each other, and so we never get any experience playing ANY other style than our own.. which really makes it nearly impossible to adjust when fighting other people, so that's really IMO what I think we need help/tips w/e on, but yeah we'll keep at it.
Anyway, Thanks for the post Dmac, there may be hope for us after all, lol, Can't wait for the next barrio! =)

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
Hey Kansas. :bee:

Is that one dude who kept talking about going to get drunk after the tournament a long time ago that Chexr and I went to ever going to upload the vids of us that were recorded?

Or are they already uploaded and I just am dumb and can't find them?

only1Z

Smash Champion
That was John that kept talkin bout getting drunk...I'm sure he'd be happy if you uploaded him though :p

And although sheik has an advantage, it's not something that's based on numbers and multiplication's of damage. I don't wanna get into that I've been playing sheik since before tourney scene and that's been a long time I think I've earned my right we've all earned our right markis is bad at melee and can't play sheik as well as I can so there. *sticks tongue out*

Jace08

Smash Lord
Oh and Jace last time I checked you lived in Lawrence am I correct? Well since you are going to pick up Melee again maybe we could smash sometime? Getting to Kansas City isn't so easy for me every weekend =P
Ah sorry I live in Olathe. But I'm always up for smash, so if you're somewhat near Olathe or anyone else here let me know via pm or whatever.

Hey thanks Dmac what you're saying sounds really helpful. You guys have taught me some good melee stuff(using the shine to combo and spike? Inconceivable!) , but I know there's a lot more for me to learn.

Since a lot of us are dying out here without barrio for the next few weeks, let me remind you all of the JCCC meetings: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=173291. If you live somewhat close, come; you won't regret it.

See ya there monday, Stealth.

Top Bottom