• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Jesi

Smash Ace
CFMV - Were you the guy with the curly hair who worked at chili's? I forgot your name i'm sorry... but i have a good friend who works at that same chilli's too!

In any case hope some new people come out to the tourney with us that would be sweet! :)

CFMV

"The Marf"
yeah that's me. Who do you know that works at Chili's? Ive worked there forever. I've got another friend from chili's who's coming to the next smashfest.

Jesi

Smash Ace
Her name is Aubry W. i went to high school with her we were chillin' on new years!

you guys should go to this tournament the level of play is probably perfect for anyone who hasnt' been to a tournament or who has only been to a few.

darkrain

Smash Ace
hahahah tru dat z. tru dat lolz ^5

*****..* he promised he'd stay logged out ..but i guess he forgot...

I'm THE DARKRAIN oooOOooOOOoooo

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
Well, like I've posted earlier, I've never played competetivly, with anyone besides my friends, who are all considered newbs.

But I got beat by Mario as Link, and I'm really upset about loosing.

I need some training.

I'm also willing to switch to Marth or Ganondorf, if anyone is an expert with those 2.

darkrain

Smash Ace
heads up!!!

to anyone who is going to the omaha tournament this weekend

make sure you pre-register online at their website, bottom of this page:

http://www.gogamers.com/get_in_the_game/t10.php

If you don't pre-register online you'll be paying $25 to enter instead of $15. Also, when you pre-reg, one person has to pay for the whole team, $10 for you and $10 for the team, so get that organized with your partner. dmac i already paid for our team, so you just need to pay the $10 for singles.

Whoever doesn't have a credit/debit card to pre-reg online... gg

dmac

Smash Champion
echo i think that comment was saying that it'd be perfect for someone who hadn't been to a tourney before... like this kind of mid size tourney isn't going to be as an intimdiating as a MLG event with 128 players, but its still going to be packed with competition. and while there will be lots of excellent players, there is a high chance of them being able to meet and compete against people of similar skill level. i *think* thats what jesi meant... ^^

right now the current list is me dark jesi z dyc phat rezo jayray andy! so theres a guaranteed 9 i think.... if we get some new guys like CMFV and his buddies that'd be extra sweet. plus that muba guy - not in our crew, he's from st louis- said something about comin? omg this might be a pretty decent tourney! see you guys in a couple days :p

Big Burn

Smash Lord
yep sounds like good **** dmac... haven't seen you guys in a long time, should be fun.... see u guys at the tourney

Echo

Smash Champion
yeah well we've had quite a bit of people back out, i know leon isnt gonna come, Uli and his buddies arent gonna be there, colorado got scurred, and stuff so hopefully alot of the advertising online and around omaha pull through for it. the last gamers tourney was pretty weak, but now that we got you guys comin, and a crew from Iowa, it actually looks like it could turn out well. btw Mike and Mo are teaming lol the worst team ever. but yeah see ya in 2 days :p

edit - oh yeah just so you know, i pretty much have no control over the tourney like it was originally planned, they ended up coming down to saying "if you host the tourney, you can't play in it" so i was like f that... point is, i'm gonna talk to the dude to atleast make sure that everyone gets seeded by crews n stuff, cuz i know that was a problem in the past. though gamers is just a bunch of lil white kids so if we talk to them at the tourney they'll probably do whatever dark wants them to do.

Jesi

Smash Ace
dmac i coudln't have said it better myself...

also this trip is gonna own! St. Louis (Muba & Sam esp.) You should totally come down Friday night and come stay w/ Jesi and Darkrain and go up to Omaha Saturday morning in our bus lol. Although it might add some hours to your trip lol.

Bus Trip WooOOOoOOoOooo

New Guys... suck it up and come to this tourney. Will be worth it! Plus...if you get bored... you can always play volley ball or ride on those little pushy cart things and race dmac. lol

Z- I'll pre-reg tonite...funny darkrain didn't even mention it to me earlier...

Jesi

Smash Ace
i'm not sure how it works...but you like...can't just sign up for singles if your teammate has already signed up for doubles you end up having to pay the $20 either way... whatever that means. are we really saving money?!!?!?!?! lol.

Simply Rice

Smash Journeyman
haha mbgaming is NOT my crew, its some local guys who usually throw computer lans but want some console people as well. so they turned to me but i was like -_-

Light

Smash Journeyman
haha mbgaming is NOT my crew, its some local guys who usually throw computer lans but want some console people as well. so they turned to me but i was like -_-
So, I heard it's going to be full greasy, chain sportin, naruto reading, pre-pubescant dudes. Maybe I should save my money for Fo Sho.

Edit: Wait up, did I just describe every smash tourny?

only1Z

Smash Champion
So, I heard it's going to be full greasy, chain sportin, naruto reading, pre-pubescant dudes. Maybe I should save my money for Fo Sho.

Edit: Wait up, did I just describe every smash tourny?
Naw, just sounded like yourself...ah burn

Top Bottom