• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

DYC

Smash Champion
Really? Did you leave behind any smash playing friends? Or do you know of anybody from St. Joe that plays smash at all?
Nah we moved from St. Joe to the Kansas side like 15 years ago. I usually roll up there atleast a couple times a month to see family and stuff and my house is like 30mins from st. joe. I think it's around 40-45 from st. joe to where we smash on saturdays so it isn't too bad. I-29 all the way to KC and such.

gimme your cell and if i ever head up home and am planning on being there a couple days i'll give you a ring, but mainly you will just want to come play on saturdays down here, since that's when we mainly get together.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Yeah I'm already planning on it. It'll be a change for me to live within an hour of good players who play regularly.

People usually think "hey you're from California? You get to play Ken, Isai, DBR, Superfriends, ect all the time!" But I'm dead center of the state. 4 hour drive to Kens house, 4 hour drive to where DBR and the Norcal guys are. I've been to only about 8 or 9 non-local tournaments in my year and a half of tournament smashing. I've been to an equal amount of local tournaments, which are primarily a bunch of noobs and the 4 or 5 good players I practice with.

But yeah, I'm sure that within a couple of months of me moving to Saint Joseph I will have already been to KC a few times to play you guys. I'm probably going to do some scouting and try to get a scene going here in Saint Joe. I'm pretty good at that ^_^

EDIT: My AIM is ZivilynBane64 so you can talk to me on there for my cell or whatnot. Anybody from Saint Joe or surrounding areas (within an hours drive or so) should hit me up.

Jesi

Smash Ace
awww and the smash* scene continues to blossom with brawl just around the corner.... <3

*edit: melee smash*

Jesi

Smash Ace
lol... well if brawl sucks than i don't feel so bad about still playing melee when brawl comes out... the scene will never die...buah hahahah

ThE_BaTmAn

Smash Lord
well I love melee and all I just really hate how random and inconsistent the game is sometimes, so I'm getting back into 3rd strike. Plus we have some of the best in the US here, so I get constant compition. And DYC you know I'm the king. So the rest of yall dont hate cause I own at just about every fighting game out there and all yall can play is smash hahaha

DYC

Smash Champion
well I love melee and all I just really hate how random and inconsistent the game is sometimes, so I'm getting back into 3rd strike. Plus we have some of the best in the US here, so I get constant compition. And DYC you know I'm the king. So the rest of yall dont hate cause I own at just about every fighting game out there and all yall can play is smash hahaha
Quen is that you?

ThE_BaTmAn

Smash Lord
now you have gone to far. now you have disrespected me to the fullest. Next time we meet dyc me and you 1 on 1 hardcore rules and you won't be walking away from this one I'm ending your career

ThE_BaTmAn

Smash Lord
Aight I dont think I could live with myself for beating a handicapd person to near to death, so just say sorry for the Quen comment and everything will be cool

Echo

Smash Champion
Wow Leon... i'm really dissapointed in you... that was a Sir Johns moment. I figured you would be the last person to cry about losing =/

Koigokoro

Smash Rookie
this is ANTX, AKA DL, AKA Luckey, AKA Da Smash Wizard.

i really suck at this game.

is dmac playing at all, or has WoW ended his life?

we should have a smash date sometime. if you guys are nice i'll bring over my Wii. <3

Btw, Jesi: Aly says HIIII

Jesi

Smash Ace
lolz i already have a wii!! and yes dmac still smashes and so does z and andy and jesi and david and dyc .... lol.. k bye.

DYC

Smash Champion
this is ANTX, AKA DL, AKA Luckey, AKA Da Smash Wizard.

i really suck at this game.

is dmac playing at all, or has WoW ended his life?

we should have a smash date sometime. if you guys are nice i'll bring over my Wii. <3

Btw, Jesi: Aly says HIIII
Go back to wherever it was you went.

ThE_BaTmAn

Smash Lord
Thanks Jesi I feel the love, and I never said **** about losing. All I said was I want to get back into 3rd strike, and that smash is really random somtimes. And Mike you trying to get into street fighter too so don't try to jump on the dyc bandwagon aight :chuckle:

M

minibeef232

Hi I'm a SSB fan from Lawrence. Do you guys play the 64 version too?

minibeef232

S

solinkc2004

Hey I'd like to play in one of the Tournements, I'm from kck, and would like to play, do you guys hold them regularly? When and Where? If there's an easy way to find this stuff, just point me to it, I apparently hit a moment of stupidity in this website and can't figure it out.

Jesi

Smash Ace
probably have saturday smash again this weekend :) ... no worries for those who didn't make it out...which was pretty much everyone lol.

but the Lost Marathon was tight!

Jesi

Smash Ace
HOLY ****ING **** I JUST 8 STOCKED A REZO(FOX)/DAVID(FOX) +2 on phat lol. (TEAMS)

HE SAID HE WASN'T POSSIBLE BUT I DID IT...

I JESI...AM TEH ****Z0RZ.

rezo

Smash Apprentice
let's do a blue springs smash power ranking!

1. rezo
2. whogamer
3. aerogamer
4. my cat
5. Great Expectations, Collector's Edition by Charles Dickens
6. the Nothing (took up residence down the street from me, makes a great pbj)
7. quiktrip #180
8. a can of pepsi
9. a can of coke
10. phatgamer

seems pretty official to me. working nights is fun.

Jesi

Smash Ace
lolz that can of pepsi did own that can of coke...but i think you're forgetting an important player...

IMO Lost owned smash on Wednesday..we spent more time w/ it than smash lolz.

i think it should be right up under rezo lol

Also...phat plays a lot more smash seeing as how he's a little jobless lol.

Top Bottom