• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Jesi

Smash Ace
i don't see any reason why we should be tattling on phat.

we all know what dmac has been up toooo <_< lol

Edit: lazy town anyone?

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
Last I heard, darkrain picks up little boys from the street to take home after work. He enjoys it because he usually isn't in the same area twice, so the parents are unsuspecting of his actions.

Btw, you need to revise your verb and stick it in the past tense. Smokes => smoked.

ThE_BaTmAn

Smash Lord
Last I heard, darkrain picks up little boys from the street to take home after work. He enjoys it because he usually isn't in the same area twice, so the parents are unsuspecting of his actions.

Btw, you need to revise your verb and stick it in the past tense. Smokes => smoked.
yo dark I have never heard anybody get there business put out in the street like that. If you like touchin boys thats your thing. I would not take that **** if I was you

darkrain

Smash Ace

No I'm pretty sure I got it right.

wtf @ Leon trying to be an instigator! I think I'll let phat get away with whatever it is he thinks he is accomplishing. This kid has gotta win at something every once in a while.

AxioM

Smash Cadet
Greetings KC smashers. I'm not dead, didn't quit (spreading myself a bit thin on my fighters) and don't plan on being totally gone forever.

I got sucked back into the Tekken circuit because Dark Resurrection got released on PS3, and that kinda rejuvinated the Tekken community. I also have been in Pennsylvania for the last month, but should be back in KC within the next month.

Anyway, cutting straight to the point, the Midwest Cirque (on Tekken Zaibatsu) has been throwing around the idea of hosting monthly tournaments. One of the games I'd like to see featured is SSBM. (because honestly, Smash has THE best tournaments of any fighting game I've seen so far)

To make this possible, I'd need the cooperation of knowledgable individuals in the Smash community. (I consider myself way too new, and inexperienced with Smash tournaments to take charge of this, my primary concern would be Tekken)

The greater the interest, and more heads we get involved, the better the venue I'd be able to rent out. (We're looking at a clubhouse right now, but want to get into a conference hall, hotel, etc.) What our community is doing, is offering a $100 bonus to any out of stater who can take the gold in the singles tournament. (Our cirque is pooling money out of our own pocket to make up the bonus) This is in hopes more people will come from out of state trying to snag the $, thus making the community more competitive, and stronger. Perhaps you guys would want to do the same thing? I know you're all confident that cash wouldn't leave KS/MO.

Anyway, if there's interest from you guys, once I begin putting up the official threads on the various websites, I'll want to know who I should have people contact regarding information about the Smash specific tournament. Anyone think this sounds like a good idea? I know that sometimes the different communities trying to coordinate tournaments together is like mixing oil and water, so if you guys think this is bogus, and would prefer to stick to your own thing, that's understandable. Let me know.

Jesi

Smash Ace
uhh KC does wednesday smash to get our fix now...we're thinkin about killing off saturday smash all together lol. since no one can come... can anyone suggest a better day (other than saturday) or are they okay with that?

wednesday smash is more like wednesday smash/lost fest btw.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Wow, I was just about to ask when is the next tourny. Fo Sho1 was pretty good, I had fun, Old Chicago ftw.

To be honest man, $100 isnt really that much, I dont think youd get that much OOS support. I mean, there would probably be somebody from oklahoma, maybe South Paw, KOSMOS, Marc, Po Pimpus, Vegafuse, or myself, maybe we would go to that, but only for $100 isnt that good.
Actually it depends on how much 1st place is + the $100

Anyway...
AttackStorm, Josh...Every time we meet, we must Jiggs v Samus, we have to. We both have been getting better and we need to stay on top.

Trent....LCANCEL WITH GANON. How do you not Lcancel with ganon? Seriously, hes too slow with out it. Ganon Ditto next time we meet.

I bid you all farewell, until next time.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Jeez, whats with you guys. Why 2 seperate threads for 1 state? You know, Im sure there is a perfectly reasonable explination for that, just dont tell, I feel dumb enough.

But Id go to a tourny if I got an extra $100 after I won it.

Rice, at fo sho 2, you better get darkrain, or I will be disappointed.

DYC

Smash Champion
Jeez, whats with you guys. Why 2 seperate threads for 1 state? You know, Im sure there is a perfectly reasonable explination for that, just dont tell, I feel dumb enough.

But Id go to a tourny if I got an extra $100 after I won it.

Rice, at fo sho 2, you better get darkrain, or I will be disappointed.
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

You really have absolutely no idea do you?

Also, Wednesday is the worst conceivable day for me to smash and apparently when I don't go dmac loses his will to go play smash.

AxioM

Smash Cadet
I may be new to this particular community, but I'm pretty experienced at running events. I don't mind if people aren't interested, but being acknowledged for my attempt would be better than ignored.

I like the idea of you guys doing the smash get togethers on a day other than the weekends, when I get back to KC, I'd actually go out to those.

rezo

Smash Apprentice
axiom, you aren't "attempting" anything. you just want other people to run your tournament for you. your post made it reeeeeeally awkward in here. that's why this thread died for a whole day, not because you're new. either run a tournament or don't, but don't start posting in a huff just because no one wants to do your work for you. you can't show up to smash with us once, disappear for however many months, then post again out of the blue and expect huge responses and favors from this crew.

www.yougotthewrongidea.com

i'd love to see you and your friends at more barrio smashes. peace.

AxioM

Smash Cadet
Actually, I'm not looking for any kind of handout, I don't want a dime of Smasher money. I was just trying to make an effort to improve the joint fighting game community. I didn't think Smash and other fighting games went too well together, but at a recent Columbus, OH tournament I saw people amble over from 3rd Strike, MvC etc to get in on the Smash tournament, and vice versa.

I can see why you guys might see my post that way though. I suppose the Smash community is in much better shape than other fighter communities, and have no need of something like this. I'd probably know that if I was more active around here.

Anyway, if we end up including smash, I'll let everyone know. I'll post up when I'm back in KC to make it out to barrio sessions sometime. Peace.

Jesi

Smash Ace
ahem...um am i to assume that no one will be coming out for saturday smash ever then? lol

Jesi

Smash Ace
JESI'S MOONLIGHT MADNESS III

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: February 10th, 2007
Time: 6pm
Place: 6627 E 15th Terrace
Kansas City, MO 64126
(there is a bus outside the house, make sure you walk down the driveway and knock on the back door to get in)
Entry Fee: 0$

However!
~Please bring 5 dollars for pizza, soda and other goodies :)

Singles Prizes :
1st Place: Dirt & worms ice cream concrete
2nd Place: Banna Split
3rd Place: Rootbeer Float
All Other placings get a complimentary little ice cream cone!

Teams Prizes :
1st: 2 candy bars
2nd: 1 package of gummi bears
3rd: 1 package of bubble gum

Rules:
4 Stock
8 min time limit.
Double elimination
Stages: uhh..we'll make it up as we go. don't be gay. lol

Icee's are banned cause of the wobbles. lol ** jk.

Be there or be square.

dmac

Smash Champion
holy **** dirt and worms.... jeez.... its time for dmac to take the reins as the best kc smasher and win this.

only1Z

Smash Champion
holy **** dirt and worms.... jeez.... its time for dmac to take the reins as the best kc smasher and win this.
hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahah

DYC

Smash Champion
I'm afraid I have to inform you all that I will be killing each of you before the tournament starts, as to secure my Dirt cake.

*****es.

Jesi

Smash Ace
on another entirely different note.

as an anthropology student...i was asked to observe and interview/survey a subculture of my choosing. I would like to do eXTReMEe GaMeRZ!!!! @_@ ...well really just those who are heavily into the gaming community. ...i was working in a group.. and like i split off to do this study on my own... but some girl named Katie was REALLY interestd...so she wants to come along and observe ya'll.. for a bit. we will be conducting interviews (hopefully) so anyone who would like to volunteer for a little interview i will <3 forever :) and buy a soda for at quick trip :)

Otherwise you'll just have 2 chics around staring at you lolz.

Edit: And it's more like a cup of ice cream not so much a cake lolz

Top Bottom