• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Jtardiou

Smash Rookie
yo im from KC

when is the next local tournament? Can i go just to spec? Preferably a tourney where the top kclocal heads show :0

Jesi

Smash Ace
Wednesday Smashers: Feb 14th Imma sex up my man with some good dinner and chocolate so unless you want to participate in a brutal orgy i wouldn't come over ;) ...actually even if you do... i'm locking the doors buah hahahah :p

on an entirely different note: Saturday smash sounds fun if people can make it out...hope weather clears up a little...maybe gets a bit warmer... probably not a moonlight madness but maybe a loose tournament might be had *shrugs* otherwise just smash as usual <3 See you guys soon :D

also Silent Wolf... you should spend that money on a taxi if you want to smash with KC (darkrain).

I'm not trying to get lost. Or spend more money that I don't have to or have. I was just gonna get $ if he wanted to mm so i could see some competitive play but w/e

rezo - fox counters sheik i wouldnt mm a fox with sheik unless i was tryna see someone really good play competitively.

DYC

Smash Champion
I'm not trying to get lost. Or spend more money that I don't have to or have. I was just gonna get $ if he wanted to mm so i could see some competitive play but w/e

rezo - fox counters sheik i wouldnt mm a fox with sheik unless i was tryna see someone really good play competitively.
The concept that an MM is required to see competitive play is exactly what is wrong with the people who have become good at this game.

Cups

Smash Ace
The concept that an MM is required to see competitive play is exactly what is wrong with the people who have become good at this game.
I agree, if money is the only motivation, then you probably shouldn't be playing this game. I didn't pay a dime last week and got to play with some of the best smashers in the nation that didn't sandbag too much. I don't really consider myself too good at the game, but I give smashers the credit of being competitive without the necessity of monetary gain.

rezo

Smash Apprentice
i'll $5 mm your fox vs my sheik if you want. if you make it out to dark's place that is.

protip : dont come off soundig like an *** if you want us to drive your *** around.
..................How was I sounding like an ***...?
I just wouldn't agree to mm someone in a bad match up when I have just about no money, I wouldn't want to be an *** and not pay him if I lost would I?
Unless i was trying to see a very well known player in the competitive state, which usually only happens in a tournament style match. There are no tournaments as far as I can tell during the time period of my visit, so I just wanted to see Darkrain play competitively. Since people usually can't even get to the point where they want to try in friendlies because there's no real motivation. =P

rezo

Smash Apprentice
if you want dark to go all-out against you, just ask. he'll do it. enough with all the mm stuff. i'm not sure how you thought it worked, but people only mm other people when they think they can win. this goes for any event, not just smash. it's called putting your money where your mouth is. so when you come out swinging at dark with a mm and then brush off my mm offer, it makes you seem cocky. but we know you didn't mean it that way, so all is forgiven. you should just start kissing up to whoever can give you a ride. hopefully see you around.

dmac

Smash Champion
everyone steals from /b/... thats where every single ****ing meme is recycled. every repost is a repost is a repost. maybe i was just referencing the best gaming mag in the world, GamePro!

also, failure for not understanding what a meme is and what its for. ****ing epic failure. go look up the word

Echo

Smash Champion
..................How was I sounding like an ***...?
I just wouldn't agree to mm someone in a bad match up when I have just about no money
and how is mm'ing darkrain not a bad matchup for you? I dont understand... you would be willing to throw money away anyway...

dark is the most respectable "pro" i've met in smash... plus the ****** just too nice to take yo money... he gets enough just by robbing people at their tournies :(

darkrain

Smash Ace
I'll pick you up. Give me the address of the place you are staying, we are going to have a smashfest at my place on saturday from about 6-midnight. We'll probably throw together a casual tournament bracket and have some pizza. We're pretty laid back here and we talk alot of **** amoungst ourselves but it's just harmless competition. I don't do money matches and this isn't the place for them anyway.. if you are as good as you think you are I will definitely be motivated to try. Bring your A game and I will bring mine, no gambling needed.

Jesi

Smash Ace
dmac is diverting his obvious lameness onto me! he's a jerk!

ummm... i won't really be there that night...wish you guys didn't have to leave so early! i don't get off work till 830 and so i won't be home till about 9ish :( oh wellz....

i wasn't trying to mm you cause i thought id have a chance at winning, just because usually mega-pro players only try as hard as they have to, even if ppl travel really far hoping o play them. in WA, we basically cant try as hard as we do in tourneys cause theres no motivation and cant play how we would in tourney. i dont think im on darkrains level or anything XD i just only wanted an mm out of him and only him, cause he was the only one i wanted to see play competitively but apparently you guys try in friendlies with no motivation, so thats cool. no need to lose money. cant wait to meet you guys, and finally smash outside of the WC. any way we can record? :)
i'll post the address when i get there, so look here i guess, if i dont PM you.
if i cant smash on saturday for some gay reason, would sunday work just as good? even if there wasnt people,or less ppl there?

Echo

Smash Champion
I'll pick you up. Give me the address of the place you are staying, we are going to have a smashfest at my place on saturday from about 6-midnight. We'll probably throw together a casual tournament bracket and have some pizza. We're pretty laid back here and we talk alot of **** amoungst ourselves but it's just harmless competition. I don't do money matches and this isn't the place for them anyway.. if you are as good as you think you are I will definitely be motivated to try. Bring your A game and I will bring mine, no gambling needed.
i ****in love this dude.

DYC

Smash Champion
dmac is diverting his obvious lameness onto me! he's a jerk!

ummm... i won't really be there that night...wish you guys didn't have to leave so early! i don't get off work till 830 and so i won't be home till about 9ish :( oh wellz....
Who has to leave early?

You are ugly. (Am I as witty as KC/L players yet?)
No, go back to the minor league KS thread.

Hey Darkrain can you PM me your phone #? so i can contact you near whenever you plan on picking me up. I'll give you a # and all that when I get there. Address too.

rezo

Smash Apprentice
lol, jimmy isn't dark's real name, they were just kidding with you. it's alan warr.

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
ROFL. This thread gets better everyday.

Rezo, Im going to call you today for some epic pre-barrio smash, so you better answer your phone!

See you guys on Saturday. Oh, I guess I shouldn't bring smokes...seeing as how I won't get the opportunity to do so all day.

Jesi

Smash Ace
ALAN WARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR lol

darkrain's real name is David and is phone # so that everyone who ever wants to talk to TEH DARKRAIN....is... (drumroll)

quick lets all prank call him...

EDIT: hey, phat/rezo want to come over and hangout tonite? david and i have the day off! :D

Jtardiou

Smash Rookie
can someone give me a list of all the top names in the KC area? just to get a general idea of who to look out for

maybe a list consisting of

"real name - alias - chars they use"

maybe even some videos? so i can see how good u guys r :o

im new to the scene, just tryin to get an intro

thanks
jonas

DYC

Smash Champion
ROFL. This thread gets better everyday.

Rezo, Im going to call you today for some epic pre-barrio smash, so you better answer your phone!

See you guys on Saturday. Oh, I guess I shouldn't bring smokes...seeing as how I won't get the opportunity to do so all day.
What you actually should do is quit.

You ****ing ******.

ThE_BaTmAn

Smash Lord
there is always so much excitement going on in this thread jessi talkin bout humping her dude, folks wanting to mm dark, and you guys get new players tryin to come up in the game all time. I need to move down there asap. and yall always talking **** to eachother and dont take it personal unlike some of us up here. I envy you cats

Im here, address will be posted later tonight or tomorrow before 3 or so. cant wait.

The number you can reach me at is 605-3275, and the area code for that in WA was 206, so i guess thats still it. w/e.

DYC

Smash Champion
there is always so much excitement going on in this thread jessi talkin bout humping her dude, folks wanting to mm dark, and you guys get new players tryin to come up in the game all time. I need to move down there asap. and yall always talking **** to eachother and dont take it personal unlike some of us up here. I envy you cats
So get the **** down here already.

Echo

Smash Champion
wtf i talk so much **** to everyone in NE, leon... why do you think everyone is a lil ***** to me? :D

okay then:
darkrain -

5115 is the house address and its on the corner of rosewood and 76th St. its blue.
reach me at 06-605-3275
ask for otto if i dont answer.
i AM able to smash to.

Top Bottom