• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

only1Z

Smash Champion
Yall'z back off now, she's mine. Unless I don't go.....then I'll still be weary....especially after the Sir Roy incident.....

Radium88

Smash Lord
Hi, I'm new the forum and I was wondering if anybody can come to these tournaments? I think I read that we bring our own controllers? Also, when will the most recent tournament be held?

Jesi

Smash Ace
They're more like smash fests... and yeah just show up. I've posted the address like a milliion times but i meannn i can post again next time we smash...might be this saturday who knows!

and yeah...nick...will there still be a tourney at umkc?!

and...I have never felt so loved :p everyone wants to team w/ me!!! you guys will just have to toss a coin or something lol... .i don't even know if i can go yet... lol

Thanks for showing me a great time everyone. next time I'm over there I'll be sure to get a hold of you guys. I think I'm going to the next FC so I'll see you there prolly with some WA friends. When Brawl comes out I'll get ur guys' Wii #s.
I found someone to make a video out of that tape we recorded. Very soon too. I'll make sure to put in all the 0-deaths done on me and that crazy one with the uairs and the wall jump etc.

N64

Smash Champion
I'll be back for spring break right after Cat3, so March 5-11th. I'm bringing a fellow smasher who has nothing better to do with me. So we should smash some when I get back.

Yeah, it'll be fun times.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
Apparently Sam and Muba might be dragging me to your next smashfest...this saturday? So I guess if I go then I'll see you guys this weekend for a billion friendlies.

Edit: Two pikachu mains just posted in a row. Smashboards will now be shutting down.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
Yall'z back off now, she's mine. Unless I don't go.....then I'll still be weary....especially after the Sir Roy incident.....
LOL i actually co-hosted that tourney and i tried to get her paired w/ some 1 else but idk what happend

Simply Rice

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys im hosting Fo Sho 2 on april 28th along the mbgaming guys, and to face the plain and simple truth its gonna suck unless you guys show up. Nebraska sounds like they are already coming and they are calling out Oklahoma to show. I'm doing massive local advertising and hopefully i can shoot around 80 people to this tourney. (provided u guys come to draw in the crowds) Lemme know if u guys can make it out to this. I'll have more details as things get deliberated.

P.S. clothing is optional

Jesi

Smash Ace
This weekend's smash fest sounds amazing :) and yeah st. louis is coming out so hopefully our regional kansas sub groups will come out to represent. :) see you guys this saturday

<3 Jesi :)

SamDvds

Smash Ace
Thanx 4 the address can't wait to see u all 2morrow! Theres 4 of us coming so far...

Cups

Smash Ace
UMKC Tourney!

Hey gang, sorry I missed, a good friend that doesn't play smash came in this weekend. I'm sure it went well and everyone had a good time.

OK, I'm putting it up to you guys, would you rather have my smash tourney on March 10, 12, 14? I want to make sure that everyone is comfortable with it. It will be at 5030 Cherry Street (the dorms) in the basement, we should have about 6 or 7 setups unless you all bring more. There will be a singles and team tournament. All pretty much MLG rules, except I think the prelims will be one match, maybe three. This is so all of you good people don't embarass my residents to the point that they never play the game again, however funny and satisfying it may be. It would be at around 7pm and go until whenever.

THE KICKER: Okay, here is where I lose a lot of you. Unless you are a student at UMKC, you cannot make the tournament money. However, that does not stop you from Money matching noobs. This is because the Residence Hall funds the event, and we cannot just give money out to whoever, this place is a business, even though it shouldn't be. In lieu of all of that ebullient information, a true smasher will come simply for the fun of competition. Just let me know what all of you think, I am very open to suggestions.

Oh, and DYC, please keep the pugnacious remarks to a minimum, ha ha.:laugh:
Nickalardo.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
Hey guys, thanx 4 the great time saturday! I'll try 2 get more ppl from stl 2 come out and play u guys more often...FYI StL will most likely be hosting an upcoming circuit tourney 4 next season so keep your eyes out 4 that in the st.louis thread!

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
I play pikachu too.
You wont play me in a ditto because you're always busy making fun of other smashers. At least thats what happened at the last smym

Also, thanks a ton to the KC crew for letting us chill and play. Sorry I made you play me 435873986798 times darkrain. I think I got a lot of experience though. Mainly, I learned that pikachu sucks.

Top Bottom