• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Jesi

Smash Ace
Seeing as how I received 11 hours of sleep last night
which is alright....

And I don't have to work Sunday
or Monday.
I've caught up on my rest
and would be happy to allow a smash fest

But I feel like celebrating
So what better than with cooking!
For MLK Day
We'll have cake and some smash play!

Permitting the weather isn't too bad...
Cause if you guys got in a crash i'd be sad!

So buckle up and have a safe night!
If I see you guys it'll be super tight!

Cups

Smash Ace
hey all. I go to UMKC (University of Missouri Kansas City) and will be hosting a tourney probably around the end of february. Last semester we had about 40 people come, but no real challenge talent-wise. But I'm hoping to change that this time and have some real talent come. I'll let all of you know the specifics when it gets closer.

Jesi

Smash Ace
One of the best players in the nation just started going to UMKC.

And the best girl has been going there a while I might add... lolz :p

You'll get your competition! ....

Wait. Are there cash prizes? lol

ps

REZO !! I don't want to hear anything comin' from people who don't show up arggggggggggggggggggg >: (

<<Hates QT.

Cups

Smash Ace
One of the best players in the nation just started going to UMKC.

And the best girl has been going there a while I might add... lolz :p

You'll get your competition! ....

Wait. Are there cash prizes? lol

ps

REZO !! I don't want to hear anything comin' from people who don't show up arggggggggggggggggggg >: (

<<Hates QT.
Who are you talking about, we popularized the hell out of that tournament. Who are they so I can get them to come.

darkrain

Smash Ace
wtf @ dyc actually leaving Z here...

i'm sure you taught him a life lesson he will never forget

have you ever thought about becoming a cop?

Jesi

Smash Ace
oh i'm only talking about darkrain :)

and Jesi w00t. When do you go to class he's interested in meeting you. And i never saw any flyers for the tourney. When did you host the last one?

PS

DYC would be the scariest cop ever... lol

DYC

Smash Champion
Actually we were going to take him home but Andy said he felt sick and that he was going to stay at the barrio so we left.

And I have considered law enforcement a few times lol.

Cups

Smash Ace
oh i'm only talking about darkrain :)

and Jesi w00t. When do you go to class he's interested in meeting you. And i never saw any flyers for the tourney. When did you host the last one?

PS

DYC would be the scariest cop ever... lol
D. . .Darkrain? Oh man, I really would like to play him, or die horribly by his knee in all stocks, which is more likely. I live in the dorms on Cherry Street, so just let him know that any time after 3 should be good, just let me know. The last one was Nov. 30 in the cherry street dorm. You're welcome to come too, have jesi pm me.

Jesi

Smash Ace
This thread is lame, Barrio ftw, more Zelda marathons kthx....

EDIT: WTF I DIDN'T SAY THIS.... NOOOOOOOO Z!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesi

Smash Ace
well no prizes for non-dorm members but you can go for a good time! haha ....hey what ever happened to those jesi v darkrain videos that were supposed to be on youtube? :p

Cups

Smash Ace
Well, it is my tournament, and I was just able to pull some strings and expand it into all UMKC students, not just dorm kids. Deal with it, or I'll knee you in the grill.:mad:

Cups

Smash Ace
Also, there was about 40 people there last time, and only one of them was any good, not saying it was me. I took second and got 50 bucks, that wasn't too bad. First place was 100 and third was 25. This time we have about twice as much money to play around with, so we will have some free food and such if you guys just come by and give us the *** kickings we deserve.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
The tournament is going to be near the end of February? That's great I might be able to make it.

Some of you may remember me saying I'm moving to Missouri from California like a year ago. Well I got delayed quite a bit, but I will be driving there on February 1st, so I should get there around the 3rd or 4th. I'm moving to Saint Joseph.

My good friend and doubles partner TDog will also be moving to Missouri with me. I can't wait to play all you MO and KS players.

DYC

Smash Champion
The tournament is going to be near the end of February? That's great I might be able to make it.

Some of you may remember me saying I'm moving to Missouri from California like a year ago. Well I got delayed quite a bit, but I will be driving there on February 1st, so I should get there around the 3rd or 4th. I'm moving to Saint Joseph.

My good friend and doubles partner TDog will also be moving to Missouri with me. I can't wait to play all you MO and KS players.
lol I used to live in St. Joe.

nwvkxc said:
Also, there was about 40 people there last time, and only one of them was any good, not saying it was me. I took second and got 50 bucks, that wasn't too bad. First place was 100 and third was 25. This time we have about twice as much money to play around with, so we will have some free food and such if you guys just come by and give us the *** kickings we deserve.
So what happens when no one in the dorms places high enough to get money? They just keep it all?

Jesi

Smash Ace
chillax guyyys... he's doing his best to get a scene going and this is all he can dish out at the moment lol. University's are picky about cash prizes and making sure these "activities" are academically oriented? lol Just leave it to Jesi and Darkrain :p in any case... he and some buddies? Might be coming to smash with us on Saturday! So be nice :) Maybe we'll cater jimmy johns again....that would own... who's with me? (ie wants to give me atleast 3-5 a piece? lol)

DYC

Smash Champion
chillax guyyys... he's doing his best to get a scene going and this is all he can dish out at the moment lol. University's are picky about cash prizes and making sure these "activities" are academically oriented? lol Just leave it to Jesi and Darkrain :p in any case... he and some buddies? Might be coming to smash with us on Saturday! So be nice :) Maybe we'll cater jimmy johns again....that would own... who's with me? (ie wants to give me atleast 3-5 a piece? lol)
It doesn't bother me at all, I know how Uni's work. I'm just saying it would be funny to see how they handled it when no one from their dorms finish in the money =P.

Seishiro

Smash Apprentice
dont know anything about the vids since i wasn't responsible, but i can try to see whats going on, and why they haven't been put on youtube yet. speaking of those vids, i just tryed to see if they were on youtube a couple of days ago so i could watch them, but found out they wern't uploaded yet. what is taking them so long?

Hope they didn't forget? :confused:

Top Bottom