• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

DYC

Smash Champion
we came, we conquered, we left. lol I won i won i won it's the first tournament i won everrrrr whooooo and there will be vids of the awesome darkrain v jesi matches on youtube wooooo :D

and btw i got my job at sally's back.... not that anyone cares just Jesi fyi lol
I didn't know you lost it/quit.

/embarassed

only1Z

Smash Champion
is the management different yet, or same old song?

Lol, I believe the saying for that tourney was, "Like taking candy from a baby."

Seishiro

Smash Apprentice
yeah you won. i won my first two matches and then lost my third to darkrain, but i didnt find out until after the fact that the guy i played was darkrain. i wasn't expecting someone like him to come, but i did tell people to come. it felt really good playing dark, although he beat the hell out of me, i still enjoyed playing him. After playing him i felt like a better smasher. There should be another tourney within the next month or so.

Jesi

Smash Ace
lolz well if you guys want to host more tournies for more people to show up a few rules should be changed to be um more.... "official" should we say? but that's just if you want umm my.... i mean darkrain's opinion haha.

things like waiting for all 4 tv's to be cleared... all the tournaments we've been to and the standard, is to start matches as soon as a tv is available and work through the bracket as evenly as possible, this ensures a shorter tournament time leaving more room for other events.

Also a big no no- not that anyone did this because we don't know what the studio costs for hosting the touranment-- but smash tournaments are and never should be for profit. So if 20 people show up and the pot for first place is $50, it should not be the same if 50 people show up. You can figure in studio costs and list them accordingly and add them into entry fee... but following "tournament etiquette" is a sure fire way to get more and higher level players to come out and compete! If you start skimping the pot to pad your own wallet, people will notice and get angry and not show up to your tourament.

Also, awarding a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place is also traditionally recognized (IE atleast award back their entry fee if nothing else).

Banning ice climbers is understandable because you don't like the glitch HOWEVER... you usually don't ban the character. You ban the glitch or any type of glitches you don't see fit, if someone is caught performing a glitch they face ELIMINATION!!!!! DISQUALIFICATIONNNN ARRRGGG!!!

In anycase I think it would be helpful if the person running the tournaent "T" was it? would let a veteran smasher like darkrain help him run atleast one tournament if he wants to continue doing it around here that way T could learn to run an OFFICIALY BY THE BOOK SUPER SWEET SMASH BROTHERS TOURNAMENT THAT EVERYONE WILL WANT TO COME TOOOOOO YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Hopefully...Seishiro, you know how to get a hold of those guys. I would love it if you could pass on the message I posted here... I had a great time and want to come to more and get more people to come, but I don't think I could convince them unless it was a by-the-book tournament. We would be willing to bring setups and help out and everything... but it's gotta have a proper rule set and be run fast and efficient.

Good job to T for having a pretty good random select stage allowance. 5 stages is good. And for the no-item best 2 out of 3 rule-set. You guys should read up on MLG official rule pages (usually on the 1st page of an MLG thread) That is what is kind of standard around here. Of course feel free to change in your own little ways...it is a 'personal' smash tourney after all and MLG can be dumb sometimes....

For a first touranment for most, I was impressed actually it was methodical and nothing was confused and the host was extremely nice. Company was sweet to hang with and I hope to see you guys again soon! And gg Seishiro, sorry about darkrain he's a n00b... see how I clOwnEd him? lol You'll get him next time!

Also one more thing... you guys might want to consider doing pools if you don't have too many people? Ensures everyone gets quite a few matches in... Or atleast include double elimination... i know you were short on time but... a fullfilling tournament lets every player in on atleast a couple sets with different people.

Alright, I think I'm done with my blurb. hopefully hopefully sheishiro can pass along the mssage :)

PS. Seishiro you are welcome to come to a saturday night smash any time you want! we're pretty close to the bannister area.... probably no smash this weekend though guys...christmas and all :)

Seishiro

Smash Apprentice
trust me ill pass on the message and tell my freinds about it. Saturday night smash? sounds fun. ill have to check that out. Also i didn't know darkrain lived in kansas city.

Simply Rice

Smash Journeyman
How in the world did that current heavy weight champ have 2 pounds over balboa? He was a meat stick compared Rocky's meat-baggyness.

GJ Silent

Only campaign mode is good on Gears...

rezo

Smash Apprentice
i want jesi vs darkrain vids!!! put em up! i will study them intensely and learn your weaknesses!

Jesi

Smash Ace
lolz we'll see when they get up haha...maybe next week. Z are you in nebraska?

Also... just a re-reminder no barrio smash dis weekend. And what are you n00bs doing for new years? just curious.

only1Z

Smash Champion
Leave tomorrow for noobraska. I'm staying home talking to myself probably, for new years.....

*as opposed to every night.

Jesi

Smash Ace
that's...weird... lol you got zelda for the wii? lol that is strange. very strange haha

I don't know what i got from avey yet.... i see 4 boxes... 1 looks like 2 games...or maybe movies! the other... a big box... maybe a system of some sort.... maybe a trick big box with a tiny box inside it!?!! HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Can't wait for tomorrow. I got david a classic controller and a wii glove in his stocking. FYI the gloves feel reaaaaally nice. I like em'.

David has to work new years day :( *sniffle* <<Hates QT.

HAPPY HOLIDAY'S EVERYONEEEEEE :D

Jesi

Smash Ace
i don't know what that is. but 1 post would have been sufficient for your comment/question lol. Try the edit button! :D

My cousin wants to smash wit us. And he's an avid drinker. Who's ready to have some fun?

Jesi

Smash Ace
OH ****! Pika power! Andy you need to update me on the latest tricks w/ pikachu. I really like playing him. I think if I know him better I can defeat him.... BUAH HAHAHAHAHHAHA

Merry Christmas to you too batman. lol

only1Z

Smash Champion
Back for the day, sayin merry christmas! Yeah, it was all wii stuff :p still on the hunt for the system.

DYC

Smash Champion
whats that mean?!?!
black·guard /ˈblægɑrd, -ərd, ˈblækˌgɑrd/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[blag-ahrd, -erd, blak-gahrd] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. a low, contemptible person; scoundrel.
2. Obsolete.
a. a group of menial workers in the kitchen of a large household.
b. the servants of an army.
c. camp followers.
–verb (used with object)
3. to revile in scurrilous language.
[Origin: 1525–35; black + guard; original sense obscure]

...Also a class in the Neverwinter Nights expansion Hordes of the Underdark.

DYC

Smash Champion
original street fighter 2 sucked.

turbo and super ssf 2 were the bomb.

Oh and also I got new golf clubs for christmas so you are all ****ing dead.

Jesi

Smash Ace
z i'm pretty sure you're just jealous because you DON'T have a wii or a virtual console to make poor game decisions on...but i do so i'm going to revel in my menial purchase BUAH HAHAHHA!

and original golf sucks.

wii sports golf is the bomb. lol

Jesi

Smash Ace
Guys! I got the most BEAUUUUTIFUL pearl necklace for xmas :D

*sighs* <3 <3 <3 <3

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Top Bottom