• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Jace08

Smash Lord
got a text from buddha saying he actually couldn't make it, so nevermind about what I said

hopefully he'll visit later on a massive smash

okay so those of us confirmed for Columbia are me, strong bad, and like 95% confirmed Raith. If anything changes for anyone so they can go, hit me up. It's only 2 hours away how are we not flooding this tourney lol

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Zivilyn sorry to disappoint you but work told me today we fired another employee, the day I had off I have to work now. Sorry man.
Awww damn. That sucks. Starting the 19th I have to work Saturdays for two months so if I do see you at one it'll probably be this summer.

Jace do Dmacs HWC paper so he'll go.

EDIT: sorry, that's dmac*

rpotts

Smash Lord
damn johndafoo just informed me that event 52 is one the same day as Kansas Cube Day, which i have already registered for. T_T

darkatma

Smash Hero
we should be bringing at least.. me sam and geno...and probably dan? maybe
karl is poor and can't find 40 bucks.., lixi is almost a doctor, brawlpro is always MIA

i'm still not 100% confirmed because there's a lot going on at school that weekend, not sure if i can miss it all. will try my best!
Especially because Austin sucks and now i'll win free money xP (jk, but not about the part where Arc sucks)

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I was really looking forward to some Arc vs Darkatma GFs too =/

Only thing better would be...ZIVILYN BANE in the GFs....lol.

rei_vincent said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pualZ66WgEY
I recognized all the movies except the one where the kid says "**** the police!"

Any idea what it's from?

Smash Lord
I was really looking forward to some Arc vs Darkatma GFs too =/

Only thing better would be...ZIVILYN BANE in the GFs....lol.

I recognized all the movies except the one where the kid says "**** the police!"

Any idea what it's from?
I'm interested in knowing this too. That part made me laugh. The rest of it was all pretty good too.

only1Z

Smash Champion
I can't believe you guys don't know, **** the police was a Pineapple Express scene. I thought it would be dumb but it's reeaaally good actually :(

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
doubles was so free :troll:

In the meantime
"I'm not good," said the Jace.
*gets 1st at tournament*

papermarkis

Smash Lord
So a new Nintendo home console being revealed at E3 is about as heavily rumored as it can be without being outright confirmed. And the rumors seem to suggest this console will be sold along side the Wii as a more core gamers machine and be able to run Wii software. I'd bet my android that someone's already developing a new Smash Bros for it. Thoughts?

EDIT: Actually it's not even really a rumor. Pretty much every gaming publisher but Nintendo their selves has confirmed it's existence. It's like the the Playstation phone situation at this point.

Jace08

Smash Lord
^I dunno, kinda early to be speculating. Could be the next step along the trajectory of only caring about money, casual gaming, and waggling, or it could actually be good. Or some of both. Without any real details yet we don't really have any clues to go off of

so how was massive's last night?

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
doubles was so free :troll:

In the meantime
"I'm not good," said the Jace.
*gets 1st at tournament*
Yeah Jace is such a noob.

It was so fun smashing with you guys again. I wish more KC would come =/

I have to work on the day of E52 and am 99% sure I can't have it off. So hopefully there's more KC/STL/CoMO tourney's this summer. If not, there's always our free monthlies.

Smash Lord
So a new Nintendo home console being revealed at E3 is about as heavily rumored as it can be without being outright confirmed. And the rumors seem to suggest this console will be sold along side the Wii as a more core gamers machine and be able to run Wii software. I'd bet my android that someone's already developing a new Smash Bros for it. Thoughts?

EDIT: Actually it's not even really a rumor. Pretty much every gaming publisher but Nintendo their selves has confirmed it's existence. It's like the the Playstation phone situation at this point.
I've heard these rumors too seems pretty widespread.

only1Z

Smash Champion
I refuse to get hype for another Smash. I assume if one at all we still have 4 more years to wait. Sakurai just needs to focus on his kirby game.

rei_vincent

Smash Ace
Me and Arkive just talked Jace into spending 30 bucks on Heroes of Newerth and now we're never going to play it again, MUAHAHAHAHA.

Jace how much money did you make at the tourney? I hope more than 30 bucks lawl

only1Z

Smash Champion
Could have got the same experience for FREE, with someone to take you under their wing, ME. You're a fool.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Thanks again guys for making it out there Jace n SB. Wish more of you could have made it, but not all weekends work for some ppl and I definitely understand that.

I love your DK Strong Bad lol. Thank you for using him in pools, I seriously don't stress this enough, but DK is my fav char. Keep practicing him up.

And Jace, your Falcon is just looking better and better every time I see it. Nothing but good stuff from what I saw from you. Btw did u and Leviathan finally get to play at all?

<3 the KC crew

resTy

Smash Champion
Sup dudes. I haven't seen you guys in yonder. Hope you're doing well.

P.S. In case you guys didn't know, I quit Melee for Brawl. Yeah... See you at Ev.52!

EDIT: Gratz, Jace.

Ballin

Smash Apprentice
sup KC, this is Bolun.
I'm the asian (****ty)marth main from nebraska.
I'll be coming down this weekend friday - sunday.
Just wondering if games will be going down at all this weekend.

Top Bottom