• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm still a firm believer that after you have a decent technical grounding in melee, the game ends up being a largely mental pursuit. You can practice dashdancing, technical waveshining, pillaring, or dropzone-knees all you like; it amounts to nothing when someone who is able to analyze your patterns reads you like Seuss and makes you feel like you're getting HOMESCHOOLED.
this²
Strongbad host games
ok
my house @ 5 pm tomorrow

dmac

Smash Champion
be at my place if you want to go to nebraska, its me phat arc and honda so far, so we have one spot, maybe two if I want to kill my back again, depending on if we can use jaces van, we could be able to take seven!

z might comer to nebraska, so wed have to take phats and own my back, or take my car and jam someone in the back and and don't take a tv

I don't know if andy was ever actually confirmed

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
What time should we be at your place dmac?

EDIT: Actually are we driving through Topeka to get there? Because then I could just get picked up

dmac

Smash Champion
yeah honda we dont normally but it adds 14 minutes to the drive if we do, so its no problemo, we'd be there hopefully before 9:45

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Awesome, that saves me about 50 minutes of driving

2428 SE 28th Terr, Topeka KS 66605

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Hey a couple things.

honda you should record.
if you guys could bring a setup we could have 5 tvs, unless you think 4 will be fine with 18-20 people.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I would record but I left my laptop power cord at Potts' place, unless he feels like dropping it off at dmac's tonight or tomorrow morning

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Hey that's my name

No 'h' though

Also, I'm into hard sci-fi. Not that fantasy bulls**t. Are we having fun yet?
dmac

Jace08

Smash Lord
feel like I should say this way in advance: I'm not going to pound 5, but definitely going to Genesis to see Arkive and 8bit again. If you guys think you can only afford to travel to one major tourney this year choose Genesssssis imo

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I played Melee. And I liked it.

Except for getting motion sick because of the supper zoomy camera. Don't know how you guys can handle that. I can't.

dmac

Smash Champion
way in advance, pound 5 is in like 1 month! thats barely any time at all, and you suck, i'm going to tell plankkk you're trying to ruin his tournament

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I played Melee. And I liked it.

Except for getting motion sick because of the supper zoomy camera. Don't know how you guys can handle that. I can't.
Might've been related to your huge TV actually, I was starting to get a bit of a headache myself after a while

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Just got home going to bed, if you guys come by my place and I dont answer my phone bash on the front door till one of my roommates answers you know them somewhat so dont be shy. Anyway see you all tomorrow night! <3

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
going to pound 5 100%

trying to find another DK main to team with... if I don't find one I'd like to team with one of you guys because I <3 KC/Lawrence

rpotts

Smash Lord
Dude. Honda. I totally would've dropped off the laptop power cord but I didn't check the boards last night. I didn't get back in town til like 11pm. Sorry man. Shoulda called me.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Don't worry about it man, I wouldn't expect you to do it after all that traveling and everything

dmac

Smash Champion
holy crap, 2.75 hour drive turned into a almost 7 hour ride driving at 40 mph with the weather, what a terrible night

tourney was fun, low turnout but weather johns should have kept us from coming too ughhhh

doubles
1. me and arc
2. david n and echo

singles
1.arc
2. david n
3. dmax
4. phatgamer

Jace08

Smash Lord
^hm I'd come out to lawrence or wherever for games later this week, probably not today though

phat we teamin in oklahoma?

Massive

Smash Champion
Doesn't Hondafoo live in Wichita?
Buddha Lova can get a ride with him when you guys head to massivesmash.

I was wrong, never mind.

If you want to trek up to Lawrence, you can hitch a ride when they drive out to KC on saturday and we all smash at my place.
That or play bawrl.

dmac

Smash Champion
hi buddha love, no one lives in witchita that plays melee anymore, several brawl players do i think, if you're into that. we're about 3 hours away from you :(

plans for oklahoma? so far its... me andy jace rezo phat honda and maybe z... jace can we use your mini van? 2 cars would be okay but yeah... not as cool

on friday we'd leave around 5 and get there hopefully before 11-12, and fack i hope this snow is over by then

are we getting housing or getting a hotel somewhere, jace you're ususally jerking off to getting housing, but you're a little kid so i vote hotel

Massive

Smash Champion
Be careful bros, lolklahoma appears to be having a bit of a bedbug crisis.
IT MAY BE CONSIDERED UNCLEAN.

Wear your plague doctor masks to the tourney.

Top Bottom