• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Massive

Smash Champion
I don't think Jace is even in Lawrence, pretty sure he's in Olathe for break.

edit: We might just want to cancel if nobody can make it.

N64

Smash Champion
hm. yeah, don't think i'm willing to make the drive solo, especially with no honda dmac and z there. Massive smash next weekend?

only1Z

Smash Champion
Sorry to disappoint, but Caveman randomly was using Z. I do assume it was off of our memory card though.

dmac

Smash Champion
time to figure out tourney crap

whos going to nebraska next sunday?

whos going to oklahoma the week after that?

no massive smash for a bit :(

AustinRC

Smash Lord
I'm good for Nebraska YOU just have to pick me up *does snobby head turn*. Doubt I'll be going to Oklahoma though :(. <3 I will still try and get off work but they said probably not. ;_;

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I'm going to both NE and OK

I need a partner for NE though, as I believe Z greatly dislikes me as a teammate. Me, of all people! ME!

@quote -- Probably about $20 for gas, $20-30 for a hotel and whatever you need for food and the entry fee

dmac

Smash Champion
honda didn't see me in the smym montage :o or chose to not include me! also dyc, lil jesi, and darkrains giant **** hole in his jeans

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
honda didn't see me in the smym montage :o or chose to not include me! also dyc, lil jesi, and darkrains giant **** hole in his jeans
I probably didn't recognize you, all you Asians look the same, I think I saw Ray Chun though

dmac

Smash Champion
nah, that was aho! lol, they don't look alike at all you racist nigggga. also I just remembered when he lost an avatar match vs darkrain's cousin jimi8705, the smoking curious george hahaha. aho got a **** ton better eventually

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
What the, I remember that avatar...

Anyone down for games tonight?! AUSTIN RIVERS CONLEY ARE YOU DOWN?!!!? MACDMAC??????? POTTS & QUOTE???!?!!!
btw Arc I never call you because I don't know which number is your current, you've called me from like 5 different ones lol

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Oh the one I called you from most recently is my new number, unfortunately its a co-workers birthday tonight so I'll be partying it up. Buuut I'll be down for games later on tomorrow.

Also props to you apparently your the first person to actually spell my whole name right! Congratz!!!!

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Games today? When and where?

And apparently my mom gave away our last two working CRT TVs, so I guess no more tech skill practice for me...

AustinRC

Smash Lord
lol pwned, we can play at my place today. If there is beyond five ppl we will have to take it somewhere else though. I'm not sure about the time, I txted dmac and Jace and they havent said anything yet so : / I guess once I get ahold of them I'll know what time everything is going down.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Random possibly bad question: Does melee allow for custom control schemes and button mapping? If it does, I might start playing with you guys.

DeLux

Lame, If I go back and forth between Melee and Brawl, I'll probably start grabbing when I want to jump, Attacking when I want to shield, Specialing when I want to grab, and Attacking when I want to special lol

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Lame, If I go back and forth between Melee and Brawl, I'll probably start grabbing when I want to jump, Attacking when I want to shield, Specialing when I want to grab, and Attacking when I want to special lol
Actually I find that if you play them both a lot, it's easier to get into the different mindsets because they feel like completely different games. After coming back to Brawl for a little bit I stopped accidentally trying to L-cancel and wavedash, because I must've subconsciously stopped thinking Brawl was Melee

As for Smash today, maybe Z & Andy want to host? Or, we could all go to Massive's for *Surprise Massive Smash 2011: Nebraska Training Edition*!

DeLux

Would anyone have an extra GCN controller I can borrow so I don't have to buy a new one? My brawl controller won't work with melee.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Most of us have an extra GCN controller laying around, so I'm sure you'd be able to use one

Z I SEE YOU VIEWING THIS THREAD, WHAT SAY YOU SIR

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
...think you could you ask Andy for us? I'm sure he's no more than 10 feet away from you at this very moment

AustinRC

Smash Lord
...think you could you ask Andy for us? I'm sure he's no more than 10 feet away from you at this very moment
LOL Srsly I want games. SSF4 is cool too! But I want to practice Maylay. Andy and Z should host tonight as well!

dmac

Smash Champion
oh **** the pressure is on, what time are you guys meeting up, where if zandy can't host, and till when?

I'm teaming with arc at nebraska and with darkrain at oklahoma somehow

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Who all is even going to Nebraska so far? I kinda want to team with someone if possible...

EDIT: Wait, no Jace at Nebraska means...phatgaaaaaaaaaamer I think it's time!

dmac

Smash Champion
as far i know fire nebraska, confirmations are only me hinda phat arc. for oklahoma its me jace phat honda and possibry n64

Top Bottom