• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Housing = more games for Jace but lower quality of sleep, but also free
Hotels = cost money but much better sleep, but also sad Jace

I dunno dmac, if you want to do well with davidrain I think we should get a hotel so you can get a good night's sleep

EDIT: Also the weather seems to be pretty clear for the tournament, and Saturday it should even be in the low 60's (!) in Norman

Jace08

Smash Lord
lol cmon I don't care about housing thaaaat much, whatever you guys wanna do is fine

so I asked about my family's van today, and my parents said it was fine for us to use it for Oklahoma. But they reminded me that it isn't really the most reliable car. I've been driving it the last few months without any trouble, but there's always that chance we might break down and get stuck somewhere... It's got 220,000 miles on it unfortunately

But it would save us some on gas so if you guys think it'd be worth the risk then that's cool

^I would think we'd be able to fit you mjg

JoeMotion

Smash Cadet
Hello everybody sorry to interrupt your logistics conversation but I thought I should introduce myself. I just moved here to Kansas City on Saturday and am interested in playing some melee this weekend. Is there any hope of that?

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Unfortunately we will be in Oklahoma all weekend for a tourney. However there's a chance that someone in Lawrence will host games during the week, if you're up for driving 30-45 min to get there

Smash Lord
Hello everybody sorry to interrupt your logistics conversation but I thought I should introduce myself. I just moved here to Kansas City on Saturday and am interested in playing some melee this weekend. Is there any hope of that?
Are you on the Kansas or Missouri side?

holy dear god its 4 degrees outside
It's supposed to get below zero today or tomorrow.

dmac

Smash Champion
mjg, give us an address yo pick you up, it would be around 7 or 8.

jace andy z me honda mjg and maybe rezo filling up the van, I think

meet at my house at 5 st the latest

MJG

Smash Hero
Ok sure.

I am going back to Manhattan, KS with a wichita player so that I can go back to my college town but I was wondering if you would have room for 2 Suitcases and a bed spread? It definitely wouldn't be a problem if there was no room. I can have one of my friends from K-State take my things up to the dorms if need be.

Ill PM my address.

cue

Smash Journeyman
sorry late post but thanks for comming out guys. Always good to see you dudes sorry the turn out was kinda ****ty and it took so long. Close matches as always honda that was fun it was good to see you. Dmac, I think you really lost hope in the losers finals you gota shake that **** off. Z and Phat sorry we didnt get to play any but you guys did make me and echo lose sooo good **** for sure. Arc good **** on slumping me in the tournie its a real eye opener makes me wanna get better.

dmac

Smash Champion
thanks david, we always always try to make it out to you guys if you host, we've been neck and neck for 6 years and its still super fun

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Can you guys pick me up again? I remember last time the way to Oklahoma went through Topeka

Jace08

Smash Lord
okay dmac

also I just realized if we play games thursday in lawrence I think I'll just stay the night there instead of driving back and forth. I guess that affects mjg, and maybe Raith if you wanted to play games with us Thursday?

edit: just saw your post mjg >< sorry but it just feels wasteful for me to drive it twice like like that. You can still ride with me on Thursday if you want, and I could put you up for a night easily in my apartment. Just don't wanna bore you to death while we waited to leave for Oklahoma ><

JoeMotion

Smash Cadet
Are you on the Kansas or Missouri side?

Missouri side. I live down town in the Power and Light district.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
JoeMotion: check the first post of the thread. next weekend (not this) there will probably be a massivesmash depending on massive himself. you should show up bro.

MJG

Smash Hero
okay dmac

also I just realized if we play games thursday in lawrence I think I'll just stay the night there instead of driving back and forth. I guess that affects mjg, and maybe Raith if you wanted to play games with us Thursday?

edit: just saw your post mjg >< sorry but it just feels wasteful for me to drive it twice like like that. You can still ride with me on Thursday if you want, and I could put you up for a night easily in my apartment. Just don't wanna bore you to death while we waited to leave for Oklahoma ><
Where are you gonna be on Friday? I could have someone drop me off. I could possibly go tomorrow but I made plans with my cousin :o

Jace08

Smash Lord
like where in lawrence? I'll be in my apartment all of friday till we meet at dmac's place. This is its address

1603 West 15th Street

It's called the jayhawker towers, I'm in tower A, room 303. my phone number is (913) 787-3094 if you wanna call or text me your plan when you know more

^oh yeah I could host honda

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
What time Jace? I could Smash all day

Also, tomorrow I'm going to try and get some money for Oklahoma, but if I'm not able to I won't be able to go :(:( I barely have enough to pay for registration right now. Unless someone is willing to spot me for gas/hotel/food, in which case I will literally pay you back twofold at the next Massive Smash (or whenever my student loan comes in)

Massive

Smash Champion
Missouri side. I live down town in the Power and Light district.
Badass.

You're probably tied with Pyro (or Kookie? does she even count?) for shortest drive to Massivesmash.

Also, there's definitely massivesmash the weekend after this one.
I'd like to make the first one of the new year special somehow, maybe I could make some brownies then we could all get drunk and order pizza.

Smash Lord
What time Jace? I could Smash all day

Also, tomorrow I'm going to try and get some money for Oklahoma, but if I'm not able to I won't be able to go :(:( I barely have enough to pay for registration right now. Unless someone is willing to spot me for gas/hotel/food, in which case I will literally pay you back twofold at the next Massive Smash (or whenever my student loan comes in)
Same here. I've got some registration stuff like 8-9 in the morning, but pretty much any time after 12 would be good.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Jace what time are you hostinggggggggg

Or Ryan Potts would you like to host, like earlier in the day? Tell meeeeee

Also Arc--GIVE ME THAT TRY-HARD FOX AND MARTH PLEASE! I need to work on my spacing and timing whilst under pressure and being read like a *****. Oh Snap needs to be my breakout tournament

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Who's hosting today??!?!?!?!!!! Argrrhghhhhhhhhghghghg

Also I might not have enough money to go to OK, going to see how much I can get for my copy of Black Ops, it's a ****ty game anyway

Jace08

Smash Lord
my bad Raith. are you gonna drive yourself then?

I can still host... as far as a time whatever works, I was thinking around like 6

Top Bottom