• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

DYC

Smash Champion
What the ****. I throw a random post on here for the first time in almost a year and some guy sends me a PM asking for Brawl players.

There is no god.

Jace08

Smash Lord
Guys you should go to Rob's place this thursday for a meeting he was telling us about. It'd be some good last minute practice before intimikill. Plus there's SS4 there. Last time it was arkive, raith and me there, and I'm assuming we'll all be there again

Last time it started around 5. Here's the address:

9145 renner blvd
lenexa ks 66219

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
LOL @ DYC. That's the worst. :(

so guys, backward compatible 60GB PS3 for $300 should I buy it?

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I can assure you Massive, that as a responsible adult I never let a beer go to waste--especially a Boulevard Wheat

There were a lot of kids there that night however *coughcough*

I am going to Intimikill

Are you guys taking I-70 down there? If so, you could just pick me up at my house--it's literally 5 minutes off the Interstate and will add a total of 15 minutes to the trip time, as opposed to me driving up to Lawrence only for us to drive back down past my house...

What time/day are we leaving, Friday afternoon?

rpotts

Smash Lord
I left 0 drinks unfinished. And I actually went around finishing opened beers/smirnoffs. If I knew there were wheats going to waste I would've sent some kids to the cemetery.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
I don't even drink beer, and the mixed drinks I did have were either finished completely or spilled.

I feel like going to Intimikill but I don't feel like playing melee... haha.

Jace08

Smash Lord
That's Raith for you, spilling alcohol and not making any sense

i'm only going if you're going to intimikill
Maaan I've tried pretty hard to be able to go but there's nothing more I can do

Anyway come thursday everyone. Oh and I forgot to say that Rob's apartment number is 811

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
Guys you should go to Rob's place this thursday for a meeting he was telling us about. It'd be some good last minute practice before intimikill. Plus there's SS4 there. Last time it was arkive, raith and me there, and I'm assuming we'll all be there again

Last time it started around 5. Here's the address:

9145 renner blvd
lenexa ks 66219
seriously? thats in my delivery area. might wanna get an apartment number for that as well ;) if yall want pizza (possibly at a nicely discounted price ;)) yall know who to talk to :D

Massive

Smash Champion
Massive is a negative for Intimikill.
I need a weekend to get settled in the house, we've had massive smash basically every single weekend since I moved in, after all. This seems like a good time to get rooms painted, tables purchased and sh*t all fancied up.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Tourney JUNE 6th
10 singles
10 doubles

Im going to be running it at davids place.

You guys should come up. I know its sunday but i mean its summer AMIRITE!?

dmac

Smash Champion
you guys and your sunday tournies.... lol

so far confirmed for intimikill areeeee... me pyro raith honda rezo arc kookie

tenative people are n64 z jfro

for sure not going are massive phatboi JACE

rpotts

Smash Lord
Wait, what's the plan for intimikill? Overnight or drive down and back in one day? I might just go for the lulz, not enter or anything.

dmac

Smash Champion
the plan is to leave around 5ish from lawrence, stay at hazygooses on friday and saturdaynight(saturday night we're gonna probably party it up), and drive back sunday morning

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Yeahhhhh I dunno if I'll go. Doesn't sound too great to me. No 8bit and Jace :(

On another note, smash fests should be less party and more getting better.

Everyone sucks. Lrn2play.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
On another note, smash fests should be less party and more getting better.

Everyone sucks. Lrn2play.
I was wanting to play some people but everyone was upstairs drinking, so I just decided to nap on the couch :laugh:

Wait, what's the plan for intimikill? Overnight or drive down and back in one day? I might just go for the lulz, not enter or anything.
They've actually been talking about having an unofficial Smash 64 side tourney, check out the thread

Nevermind, I am indeed 100% going to Intimikill

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
I mean if you guys are just gonna party every week I might as well skip Massive's and party somewhere that I can get laid and not have to drive so I can actually get super wasted.

Not saying bros aren't awesome... butttttttt c'mon... no poon.

only1Z

Smash Champion
Raith, don't feel bad that you'll probably never beat any of the AWESOME people, even when they're completely hammered.

Jace08

Smash Lord
I agree with Raith. I really want us all to get better, but we can't really do that if all you do is drink. I thought we had a good balance before last week, where you guys would just drink after playing melee seriously for awhile and singles had finished.

Anyway I hope last week was a fluke and we'll go back to having a good balance between smash & drinking

pyroty

Smash Apprentice
LOL ^

Last weekend wasn't a fluke, we had just previously agreed that we'd get trashed and bro out in celebration of Jfro's birthday, and we did just that. I do agree that it was pretty strange going downstairs at the end of the night and realizing that there was absolutely nobody down there anymore, but either way I had fun, and it seemed like most of us did the same.

dmac

Smash Champion
jace just wants to get his **** wet

okay new list

confirmed tier -me honda jfro pyro kookie REZOOOOO arc

still not 100% tier - zbro potts

totally not going because they blow tier - everyone else

also, who else is going to be driving?

Jace08

Smash Lord
dang you darkrain that's what you come out of your pro cave for? Why couldn't it be like matchup advice to me or something, but noooo let's make fun of how jace is with the ladies

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
I don't play campy and laser a ton in friendlies or at Massive's because that won't make you any better, but for a quick solution to getting higher in a tournament, camping and lasering is ezmode, not like I need to try against you guys anyways.

Anyways getting good at smash isn't a big deal since I'm pro at starcraft and that's all that matters :)

I really wanna go to Intimikill but this weekend is huge since all the senior graduation parties are going on... ughhhh can't decide. Plus I'm short on money WTFBBQHAX

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I preemptively call shotgun in dmac's car so I am 100% not driving

And Raith, it's either:

- get wasted with senior graduates and hot babes
OR
- play Super Smash Mother-****ing Brothers with a bunch of hairy sweaty dudes

I think the choice is clear

Come to Intimikill

sk00l bU$???

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
LOL ^

Last weekend wasn't a fluke, we had just previously agreed that we'd get trashed and bro out in celebration of Jfro's birthday, and we did just that. I do agree that it was pretty strange going downstairs at the end of the night and realizing that there was absolutely nobody down there anymore, but either way I had fun, and it seemed like most of us did the same.
I can't say I didn't have fun, but it was more like the kind of fun you have while taking a dump.

Not to mention my car was dead when I tried to go home, sad times. I went to look at a convertible tonight though and I think I'm gonna buy it. OH BABEEEEEY

I preemptively call shotgun in dmac's car so I am 100% not driving

And Raith, it's either:

- get wasted with senior graduates and hot babes
OR
- play Super Smash Mother-****ing Brothers with a bunch of hairy sweaty dudes

I think the choice is clear

Come to Intimikill

sk00l bU$???
I'm still not 100% decided yet... it sucks we'd gonna be gone Friday AND Saturday though... blech. It's not missing the parties that bother me, it's missing a person at the parties :(

Massive

Smash Champion
Sorry I had to jump your car Raith, I should've been out getting laid.

For srs, it's not like I enjoy random weird people I had met 20 minutes before gallivanting about my upstairs, leaving Smirnoff bottles in my room, spilling drinks everywhere, and eating all my food. I really enjoy mopping my entire house and armor-all wiping the red stuff, sweat, and beer off my new leather couch.
If that was the future of regular massive smash, I'd cancel it right now.

This was a one-shot deal, for Jfro's birthday.

Smash is unfortunately not sexy time (unless it's strip smash, with women, which has only happened once that I can remember). Don't expect comely lasses to abound when you've not brought any.

Finally, Jace, LIGHTEN THE F*CK UP, WE'RE PLAYING THE FIGHTING RACE-CAR DRIVER VS ANTHROPOMORPHIC ANIMALS GAME.

D

Deleted member

wowow so much rage-o-meter in here

raith if you want the scene to get better then you're going to have to start winning consistently

Jace08

Smash Lord
aw cmon massive you know me I wasn't being spiteful, it was a joke. I always enjoy dark poking his head in here. But I do wish he'd teach me something ><

unless you mean me saying we should drink less saturday nights to get better, yeah I guess I could lighten up a bit on that

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
I am in utter confusion right now...

Massive's last paragraph boggle my mind.

wowow so much rage-o-meter in here

raith if you want the scene to get better then you're going to have to start winning consistently
How would that help anyone except for me?

Consistency is obviously my biggest problem right now. Taking hours for me to actually get warmed up is destroying me. I'll happily take suggestions.

D

Deleted member

if you start winning consistently then other people will start trying to get better because they dont want to lose to you and hear your statements of being the best.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Alright well in that case, taking money matches from anyone who wants to lose some cash.

Only 1 or 2 dollar money matches for now, until I can figure out how to control my hands.

duelz me

Top Bottom