• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

xbombr

Smash Ace
I can't go this Saturday because of the earlier start time and my random *** work scheduling.

idk if I'm working days or nights anymore.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
xbombr you're going to miss your first tournament yo. THIS **** IS GONNA BE SO LEGIT. Just quit your job.

xbombr

Smash Ace
xbombr you're going to miss your first tournament yo. THIS **** IS GONNA BE SO LEGIT. Just quit your job.
I would if I didn't have to pay part of my tuition every semester starting next year (because I'm no longer perpetrating a fraud) and if I didn't care about eating off campus every now and then or actually being able to buy some stuff that I want so I can actually do something besides study.

If I RO soon, then I MIGHT get the Witchita tournament's day off. :S

Jace08

Smash Lord
^lol don't worry about it xbombr

In case you didn't see the other thread I'm bringin snacks this Saturday, so let me know soon if there's something specific you like and if where I'm going has it it I'll try to get it. Think mostly candy but there's some other stuff too. Nebraska dudes if you're reading this feel free to suggest stuff too

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
count an SB in for saturday
massive: can I get your cell phone # in case I get lost?
hondafoo: you coming?!

Massive

Smash Champion
Whoa, so Jace is bringing free snacks!?
You going to restock the minifridge Jace?

StrongBad, it's not hard to find at all, unless you're the Gutierrez brothers.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Xbombr i hate to say this but that john is not legitimate. Don't make up excuses for your absence.

Im sure most people in this thread won't necessarily like that john either.

What you should have said was "Smash bros is just a game. I play it for fun and i don't have the money right now to lose to someone better than me. Although i've only played in state people im gonna miss this tourney and go to the one in wichita where all of my crewmates that i already play will be there instead of NE. Im missing an oppurtunity."

No Johns.

Zebra Cakes, Oatmeal cream pies. delish. Peanut butter/original M&Ms are good too.

I think we plan on heading out here around 1030 or 11 at latest.

We should start the tourney at like 3 just to be safe IMO. We are going to gates before.

If it would be possible for everyone thats going to be there for the tourney to be there at 3.

Does that sound good massive/dmac?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
jbm I'm pretty sure most people won't really care about his John and just play in the tourney w/o him lol.
is this tourney gonna have an entry fee or is it free?

massive: I has anxiety about becoming lost :( Thankfully I'm not a gutierez bro

Jace08

Smash Lord
No, we'd miss xbombr if he wasn't here. We want ya to come man and it'd be a great experience for you. We do always believe in no johns though so don't take what jbm said too personally, it's what smashers do

Strong Bad we're gonna have like a 5 dollar entry fee, unless people wanna do 10

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
btw anyone want to pay for my entry fee? :laugh:

I promise I'll pay you back with food or something at a later date, I'm just super broke right now...

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Yeah everyone make sure to be there by 3pm if you can. I think that's the general time we are wanting to get things started.

Honda I can probably spot you if I HAVE to...

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Haha dude I don't understand how you get so lost when you've been there like 4 times... but that's why I said be there by 3, so you should probably leave about 9am.

Also, duel me noobbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
ill leave at around 2, it's a 40 min drive. i'll bring a cube & two melee's.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
If you could Raith, that would be awesome, and in the future I'll buy you like booze or something...or a box of ZEBRA CAKES mmmmmmmmmmm

Fake Armada, please bring me a Melee disc!!!!!!!

Also

Who wants to team with meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

8BitRevolver

Smash Journeyman
Haha dude I don't understand how you get so lost when you've been there like 4 times... but that's why I said be there by 3, so you should probably leave about 9am.
my inner explorador needs to be set free from time to time

the time? when i'm driving to massive smash

-az

Jace08

Smash Lord
great tourney everyone. Nebraska it's always great seein you guys. Here's the results

doubles

1. jbm & smeesh
2. massive & n64
3. strong bad & honda
4. raith & jace
5. dmac & jfro
5. josh & bolun

Singles

0. arkive the hype master
1. jbm
2. dmac
3. jace
4. n64
5. massive
5. smeesh
7. uli
7. 8bit
9. raith
9. pyro
9. honda
9. bolun
13. jfro
13. strong bad
13. sean
13. geoff
17. josh
17. massive's bro

and here's the bracket

[url=http://j.imagehost.org/view/0481/singles_bracket][/URL]

papermarkis

Smash Lord
Sorry I couldn't be there guys. Taking days off from work is taboo in my family and I also got hit by a surprise Mother's Day party on Saturday out of nowhere.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
GGs everyone. you were missed, markis :(.
it was great to see everyone from Nebraska again as always. =)
and N64 is a beast
thanks again arkive for giving me a ride back home; i really wasn't expecting my mom to ask me to ask that. <.< you have the best commentary ever by the way, LOL. whistletip!

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
I choked so hard against Uli. SHENANIGANS. Raith and Arkive the inseperable duo of pain.

But seriously lawlllllllllll

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
thanks for holding this guys enjoyed it.

the legend of dmac continues! Good stuff man people said you were slippin. im glad you proved them wrong.

jace you are getting better each time. lol mini darkrain right now. your nairs really hurt

n64 idk how you slipped up so much but good to see you and ggz in teams

arkivezero, nuff said haha hype in tourney matches makes them so much better. thanks.

pc it seemed as though you didnt live up to your expectations. that sucks but part of being good is being consistent. congrats increws

btw STRONGBAD techs away/left every time. get at him
massive jiggs is sooo lame. your very consistent though ggz

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i am consistently inconsistent.
jbm: i really don't care about my tech patterns in friendlies.... they don't mean much. lol

team hondabad is 2 good

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Team HondaBad (Or Bad Honda, that actually sounds more formidable) needs to happen again, Peach + Jiggs on Brinstar was too good

Raith I will never forgive you for not letting me play in crews. Uli was having trouble with my Peach all night and I was ready to just put a huge dent in the other team's stocks, and I usually do really well in crews...**** that **** dude

I wish I could've played JBM or Smeesh at this, I really wanted to

8-bit how are you so good at comboing Peach to that dair, I don't understand...

This tournament has kind of pissed me off

Top Bottom