• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Jace08

Smash Lord
Unfortunately it was the latter, no offense to tz ><. Sorry Honda Foo I should have called ya to make sure you knew

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Is Massive smash gonna be on every weekend or do we have to confirm every time like Pyrosmash?

It's only natural for baddies to quit coming. We don't want scrubs in our scene anyways.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
In other news I'll start going to smash again once school is done

to beat Raith's asssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
:)

:)

Massive

Smash Champion
Is Massive smash gonna be on every weekend or do we have to confirm every time like Pyrosmash?

It's only natural for baddies to quit coming. We don't want scrubs in our scene anyways.
It's an every weekend thing. I would hate to have to confirm it all the time, that's annoying.

BunBun said:
Yeah. It takes like 15 seconds to load each page now =(
Use Adblock.
Filter: http://live.mlgpro.com/*

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Papermarkis, if its not to much of a hassel I'd like to try and come with you.... Again if thats okay, I'm going to try and get into SSF4 too so maybe this would be a good experience for me. :D

tz2012

Smash Cadet
since u guys did an anime recommendation list before, its time for a manga list! :chuckle:

heres some manga i liked:
trigun maximum(so much MUCh more intense than anime (legato gets so ****ed up lol)), my name is zushio (FUNNIEST EVER OF ALL TIME), future diary, happy world, deadman wonderland, ai kora (parts love ftw), 20th century boys (old mans savin the world? masterpiece! unlike that monster crap), ippo (typed using flickaahhh), berserk (sucks. JK Z), claymore (gooood, all those honeys), GTO (its in the name), MxO (what did u do to my endinggggg!), hitman reborn (tell em markis!), hunter (TOUZENDAAA), and 2 other shonen i dont even dare to mention but come with tons of fat cosplay counterparts

gimme some good lists so i dont hafta get tricked by those noob weeaboos from internets.

...also one piece anime is better! muahahaha muAHAHAHA MUAHAHAHAHAiwin

D

Deleted member

manga?

high school of the dead /topic

new topic, the haruhi movie is the greatest thing ever made

tz2012

Smash Cadet
i read a little bit of bakuman but then i heard its being made into an anime so now im waitin

i bet u streamed it too! GOOD GAWD YALL

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
GG's last night everyone.

If anything figuring out the character I want to main is even more confusing now though. lol
Play Sheik, she's easy, has the best matchups in the game, and is really ****ing good. She's also insanely hard to play against no matter who you are. Quit pondering and just do it. You're gonna lose no matter who you are anyways until you get better so you might as well just pick a character so you can at least get the basics down.

I haven't even thought of any anime since Toradora!...

Still waiting for more Deadman Wonderland. Probably one of my favorite mangas right now.

Air Gear is really awesome

Bakuman is really awesome

If you've never read the dragonball manga that's also REALLY awesome

POKEMON SPECIAL IS ****ING AMAZING AWESOME

I actually like Rave, if you wanna check that out

And have you read Beelzebub? It's pretty legendary so far

Uli

Smash Champion
bakuman is so good, im hyped for the anime :D
beelzebub is the greatest thing ever right now
i was pretty upset that mx0 ended ;_;
lucifer and biscuit is pretty awesome too !

xbombr

Smash Ace
Play Sheik, she's easy, has the best matchups in the game, and is really ****ing good. She's also insanely hard to play against no matter who you are. Quit pondering and just do it. You're gonna lose no matter who you are anyways until you get better so you might as well just pick a character so you can at least get the basics down.
Yeah true.

The fact that it doesn't matter who I play really makes me feel like trying more (fun) characters though. I'll probably just end up with a spacie secondary for Sheik's stupidly hard matches that require extremely gay, game-long, platform camping that I barely have the patience for and the stupid Jiggs match up.

Needles should pop that ****ing balloon, btw.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Bakuman is hot and cold, it alternates between really engaging and really boring.

Deadman Wonderland is meh.

Air Gear blows hardcore

On the other hand

Gamble Fish is REALLY good. The eyes are drawn too big for my tastes but the writing is excellent (although it gets pretty outlandish towards the later chapters). The English translations are only up to Chapter 37, but I've been reading the Chinese translations to like Chapter 100. It is amazing.

Saru Lock hasn't been updated in forever but I'm looking forward to it.

So I guess dmac and I have had the exact same tastes in manga thus far.

BunBun

Smash Master
Deadman Wonderland started out pretty cool, but then fell off.

On a side note, I have terrible taste in manga.

Kure-nai is the best I've read in the past year.

dmac

Smash Champion
the kaiji anime covered 13 volumes of the manga! the kaiji manga has 38 volumes, with 20 so far translated into english

really anything by Fukumoto Nobuyuki is sweeeeeeet.... and i highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys SUPER HIGH STAKES LIFE AND DEATH GAMBLES. its kinda like the early yugioh manga before the card stuff if you ever read that (iirc he killed a guy).

whats up lixi :3 i'll check out gamble fish

dmac

Smash Champion
akagi is definitely more of a ******, but theres never any doubt that akagi will win, because hes so incredibly overpowered. with kaiji theres so much DESPAIR, and i like that a little more

but ya, all of his series are like that, and its pretty awesome lol

BunBun

Smash Master
Also, the noses.

Too good.

I started reading Gamble Fish today. It's pretty cool.
Franken Fran, on the other hand, was cool in the oneshot but ended up having too much "ugh" for me to read in the chapters that followed.

Top Bottom