• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
We have two melee threads now. The brawl player thread basically converted to melee players, because recently everyone is quitting brawl. It's nice to watch.

D

Deleted member

its because when you actually play MK in a tournament you realize how badly the game is balanced and that playing such a ******** character takes no skill

the closest thing melee has to a no skill character is peach

dmac

Smash Champion
Of course melee won't be forgotten, its the greatest game ever assembled. But people have to start understanding that brawl is melee's successor and QQ'ing wont change that. Take it from me, i used to hate Counter Strike: Source so badly because they did what they did to brawl, dumbed it down and made it for nubs. But
constantly complaining won't resurrect a dieing game.
after the iowa tourney 8bit and I decided we'll never play brawl again so now we're pure melee.
its because when you actually play MK in a tournament you realize how badly the game is balanced and that playing such a ******** character takes no skill
I love the taste of 180s.

edit: that was DYC. =(

D

Deleted member

**** dude i got dyc'd again D:

he's too good at beasting on ppl that post stuipd **** lol

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yea arkive, i was telling you yesterday that you kinda pulled a complete 180 >_>

also markis, pc chris is really good at posting random **** that has nothing to do with anything. so dun worry.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
markis why is there a meta-knight icon next to your online status

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
using doctor mario is too fun :] good games everyone

stealth: what's brawl? o.o

z: you are an awesome brownie maker =D you should make them more often XD and not suicide with fox so much :p

only1Z

Smash Champion
Fox is just one of those chars....like captain falcon, death is always imminent.

They were my first brownies in about 6 years....maybe better next time, now I know to bake em longer :p

papermarkis

Smash Lord
Well I was excited about both Meta-Knight and Pokemon Trainer before Brawl's release. I had hoped they would both be Mid-High tierish kind of like Falcon in Melee. However, one ended up near the bottom and the other almost got banned. However, Meta-Knight's still my favorite Nintendo character, so I keep the icon.

Also, a bunch of people have already expressed that they're not coming to Cherry Smash this week. So we may be canceling. I'll keep you guys posted.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
don't cancel markis! I'll be there this Saturday but not the 25th.
i always get jewed when it's canceled and then i can't go the week afterward.

only1Z

Smash Champion
What markis meant to say, cause he decided to be vague, is that dark and and nick are confirmed not going.

Jace08

Smash Lord
Dmac is too good

Stealth my job kept having me work Saturday nights too. Just do what I did and threaten to quit. I haven't worked a Saturday night since and I've kept the job for over a year now.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
its more like i need the money and i have to work saturday. i dont really have an option, its not like im being kept from not working saturday. its just money > smash right now.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm sorry, Stealth, but the correct answer was "Smash > *." Thanks for playing, though. lol working johns are legit tho D:

I agree with PC and Jace lol dmac is all that matters. But if it's just Cups and Dark who aren't going to be there, I don't see any reason to cancel. :\

Come for the Darkrain, stay for the Death Machine

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
was more making fun of pc but w/e.

ppl who can go to cherry smursh:
dyc
phat
dmac
8-bit
arkive
jace
markis
massive
z
jturtley
jayray
strong bad (worth -1 point)
pyroty
jfro/braids
pc chris

no one will be there markis! unless like 10 ppl simultaneously say they can't go...

next time you guys do crews it should be b4 i leave D: *QQ*

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Hey there's a good chance I'll be there on Saturday too.

What time does it start? I mean, I'd like to show up hella early this time to get lots of matches in.

DMac you want to team again? If not, who wants to team with me?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Usually people start showing up at around 5 or so.

and I always have to team with whoever is left after everyone's chosen their partner so whatever.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
hey There's A Good Chance I'll Be There On Saturday Too.

What Time Does It Start? I Mean, I'd Like To Show Up Hella Early This Time To Get Lots Of Matches In.

Dmac You Want To Team Again? If Not, Who Wants To Team With Me?
Dmac is MY LOVER! (lion tamer)

D

Deleted member

dmac loves tippers on poke floats

...so does cups

yay double marth!

Top Bottom