• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
brownies are yummy :)

are we still going to make that darkrain combo video or did everyone just give up on that

Jace08

Smash Lord
I'm still working on it, Strong Bad. Tomorrow in fact I'll be editing some of Dark's tournament matches from Indiana. So far, I have a decent number of clips put together, and it's pretty good. But obviously we're not settling for just good, and I still have way more work ahead of me.

Which reminds me, we need to record more at cherry smashes these next few weeks. Also, if people don't mind, be someone besides fox b/c I already have tons of Falcon vs Fox footage and we need a little diversity.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
I'm still working on it, Strong Bad. Tomorrow in fact I'll be editing some of Dark's tournament matches from Indiana. So far, I have a decent number of clips put together, and it's pretty good. But obviously we're not settling for just good, and I still have way more work ahead of me.

Which reminds me, we need to record more at cherry smashes these next few weeks. Also, if people don't mind, be someone besides fox b/c I already have tons of Falcon vs Fox footage and we need a little diversity.
I'll play some peach... but it's **** (which is good for darkrain combo videos). I also gots mah luigi!

Speaking of which I wanna get some games in with Dmac and Darkrain... I hardly get any matches with you fools.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm always up to pit my DK/Marth/Sheik vs. Darkrain if you want some variety in combos. DK vs. Darkrain is usually a live combo video, so you can get like 8 clips from a match >_>

jace if you'd like to use a really good video editor program or something just say so and i can hook you up.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
not sure about that one.

Raining Blood - Slayer should definitely be one of the songs, though. Darkrain makes it rain.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
oh, right, i thought the point of combo videos was entertainment, srry.
dbr vids are pretty weird, though. it's all hyped and stuff when 95% of the combos are with no or favorable DI for the comboer. >.>

Cups

Smash Ace
that's what z was saying, they are supposed to be entertaining and all, but are most impressive with the comboee isn't doing anything wrong, but they still get *****. DBR or IKM2 vids are just brutally bad DI and lucky events.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
if that is what z was saying, i do not see a conflict here :O

oh yeah, you guys should have seen JCCC yesterday. there wasn't a single brawl set-up. melee rules!

AxioM

Smash Cadet
Sup fellas. Long time no speak/see.

We ran a tournament a few months ago at the Daily Dose in Overland Park, and we're doing another one next month. This one features SFIV, and doesn't currently have Smash as a listed game on our schedule. However, I know there were a few Street Fighter enthusiasts here, so I figured I'd give it a shot, and advertise it here regardless:

MAX OUT, Saturday, May 2nd

If we garner any interest, perhaps we could do a Smash tournament of some kind. However, last time a group of our players tried playing in the smash tournaments, only to be ill-received. No smashers tried playing in the other games, and there was a lot of bad mouthing going on about the other games being played.

In any case, I know Dmac and Darkrain played Third Strike. You guys into SFIV at all?? We do frequent weekly hookups, and SFIV has been our headliner since its release.

darkrain

Smash Ace
The community center at paper's church wants to charge around $1000 for the venue. So we're going to have to look into other options. Does UMKC have any large rooms that we could get ahold of for a day.

Cups where you at??

Jace08

Smash Lord
Axiom I went to that tournament and I didn't really notice any hate going around. The smashers there all seemed to have a pretty good time; I know I did. Anyway, you should definitely have a melee tournament this time around. I can help host it if you want.

Nice song selection, Z; I'll keep it in mind. Everyone feel free to keep throwing out ideas.

Darkrain if you'll be gone by the 23rd & 24th, could we move the tourney back a weekend and have it happen May 9th & 10th? I know that date is coming up fast but I'm sure the Regnier Center would be open then.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Sup man? Will we see you at Max Out next month??
I might. If you have Melee (not barwl) there I'll definitely go and I'll play friendlies in the other games. I just don't want to instant-lose money playing in the other tourneys =D Melee people are (generally) a lot cooler about competitive games than Brawlruses, so you wouldn't have to worry about the BS.

papermarkis

Smash Lord
Well sorry about the venue guys, they wanted about $75 per hour plus $15 for the staff member that must remain there at all times, plus we're required to provide security for the event.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
[insert obligatory "I'll show you punishment," comment here]

obviously im just a dumb ol' kid, so i don't know of any venues.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I think Longview has a Recreation Center (at the very least there's a gym of some sort there), I'm not sure if it's large enough or possible to hold events with, though.
crown center has a pretty cool place (went to an event there last year) but IDK how much it'd cost to rent it, probably a lot.
overland park convention center is a bit large, it'd probably cost a lot too.
also i think there's a kc convention center
not sure if a high school would appreciate a bunch of cussing college kids playing awesome video games :(

ionno. any venues i know of you probably do too, darkrain. i know of only a few that you wouldn't, and they're too small for such an event.

papermarkis

Smash Lord
We only need room for about 80 people. We're trying to do a Circuit Event, not E52 super national tourney mark II. Tournaments have been held in many unexpected places before. If you know anything that's cheap, we can do it.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Hey I was checking some youtube vids and I came across one of Darkrain vs Kage....

Was just curious but when/where/what tourney was this from?

DYC

Smash Champion
If we are doing a one day thing we could try to get the church we used for E57 back in the day. Of course that would involve talking to Dan Luckey.

dmac

Smash Champion
anyone see my ps2>ps3 converter? i'm pretty sure i had it connected to my sticks when i put it in the car on the way home, but when i got home the converter was gone :(

Top Bottom