• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Did you go/miss HOBO 15? Will you be at the next Houston Major/Epic Brawl/SF4 Tournament (HOBO 16/TYS 1) on May 2, 2009?

Reasons why to Come:

Its at Funplex. Venue can hold 400+ People + Arcade + Projectors
All of the best SF4/Brawl players will be here! SF4/Brawl till 2am
HOBO 15 had 85+ players in attendence
Casuals being played (MVC2/SC4/SFHDREMIX/TVC/MELEE/3RDSTRIKE)
Out of towners. 1 month+ in advance. Book your tickets NOW!!!

Excuses that are Banned:

I have job/work. SO TAKE OFF!
I have something important to do. Stop being scaredd and COME!
I have school work to do! Tell your teacher I said It was OK TO HOBO/TYS!

For more information about HOBO 16/TYS 1, Go to--> http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=142123 Or Go to--> www.smashbrostournaments.com/event/main/ See you there... NO EXCUSES!!!
My excuse is bad games.

dmac

Smash Champion
markis you are a ******, the only people going to cherry street first are dyc and i, to pick up your stupid *** and cups. everyone else should goto phats

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yeah who is this 8-bit guy i've never seen him before

Good luck at the tournament guys, and have fun. :)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
^ XD

good job at POEII guys, i see a lot of KC people in the results. :]

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Woah! Those are some strange results...

Darkrain....how did you not win?

Tink in 17th?
DYC in 25th?

What's going on here?? I still can't figure out how darkrain didn't win....

Somebody should've told me about this....I might have been able to go :(

EDIT: Are there gonna be vids from this tourney?

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Dayum DYC beat Darkrain?

Does this mean nobody in KC can say "Was it that hard Sliq?" anymore??

Also who is Matt R? Maybe I don't know enough MW players yet....

papermarkis

Smash Lord
Matt R is the brother of Tom R, otherwise known as Marth1, the king of Home Run Contest and Break the Targets speed runs. Matt R sent Dark to losers at SMYM9 then proceeded to lose to Dark in Grand Finals at SMYM9. The top 2 at SMYM9 meeting in round 1 of winners at what might as well been the same tournament shouldn't have happened, but it did.

Echo

Smash Champion
We got pretty unlucky with bracket positions. Dark had to play Matt R first round of winners and lost, then had to play DYC first round of losers and lost. But DYC was kind enough to let Dark go on. Dark eventually had to play Phat as well. Meanwhile, Sliq was ****** the rest of our crew one by one and eventually rested Dark to oblivion. If you look at the bracket, he played Z, dmac, and Dark all in a row and had put DYC in losers first round of winners.
wow, dyc is a real ****ing man. mad respect for that.

Cups

Smash Ace
you don't know what you are talking about, markis yet again gets in over his head and just talks too ****ing much. Let the results speak for themselves, and don't feel like you have to divulge info that is none of your business in the first place.

papermarkis

Smash Lord
Alright then I'll just never anything ever again since me saying anything gets everyone into a **** storm yet everyone loves asking me super personal questions just to make fun of me over AIM.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
wow umm... o.o moving on

i think the whole matt r vs. darkrain first round thing is pretty BS. i was kinda confused looking at the bracket.
i guess there's really nothing that can be done now, though. :\ darkrain you were the real winner!

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
So can anyone explain what REALLY happened? How did all the mahdudes get knocked out, who won and where are the results?

Jace08

Smash Lord
I'm gonna guess the results are in the results forum of smashboards...

For me I came close to making it out of my pool. Kels was the last person I had to play, and somehow I beat him the first match of the set, and if I could have just beaten him in one more game I would have advanced to the bracket, but he beat me.

the Kansas City crew is currently in preparations for another Event 52. We're looking at possible venues this week (since the last one is unavailable for the date we need) and there should be a thread up by the end of the week if this is happening.
So the tourney has to happen on the 16th & 17th then for sure? Duck recently told me that he could reserve the JCCC regnier center on the 23rd & 24th if those dates would work for like Jesi and anyone else who couldn't make it the 30th.

If that detail doesn't change anything then yeah, finding a new venue may be our best option.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
the midwest will have a Great Depression when Darkrain leaves =(

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i shall lead us all into battle with the churry smursh banner waving proudly.
probably dmac or someone else who's been around since the beginning of time.

D

Deleted member

aight so i bought a ps2 today with a few fighting games and i was wondering how you guys made your arcade sticks and stuff because i'm not going to buy one stick for +$100

links to materials/tutorials would be really helpful cuz i'm at a loss on how to do this lol

Cups

Smash Ace
mine was lodged in the mountainside, where many men before me tried to remove it. However, after thousands of men failing at dislodging the sacred arcade sticks for years on end, I was able to do it, as if it were meant for me.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
aight so i bought a ps2 today with a few fighting games and i was wondering how you guys made your arcade sticks and stuff because i'm not going to buy one stick for +$100

links to materials/tutorials would be really helpful cuz i'm at a loss on how to do this lol
shoryuken has some really good tutorials on custom stick making.

IDK about the Hori Sticks but it's possible (depending entirely on the amount of space inside the stick) to mod any retail stick to be multi-platform if you add in the PCB of a different console controller & wire the **** up, you'd need to look up tutorials for that.

D

Deleted member

mine was lodged in the mountainside, where many men before me tried to remove it. However, after thousands of men failing at dislodging the sacred arcade sticks for years on end, I was able to do it, as if it were meant for me.
which explains why your sakura is so good, cheater!!!!

shoryuken has some really good tutorials on custom stick making.

IDK about the Hori Sticks but it's possible (depending entirely on the amount of space inside the stick) to mod any retail stick to be multi-platform if you add in the PCB of a different console controller & wire the **** up, you'd need to look up tutorials for that.
sounds good, thx

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
What?? Darkrain is moving?? Oh no...this isn't good. :(

Where is he moving to? And when?

If if the last tourney he goes to is on a Thursday (the 16th) I can't go =/ Unless we're talking May here....or a different month.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
He's moving to Texas after he graduates. This has been known for, like, ever. XP
We're talking May here, so yeah.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
He's moving to Texas after he graduates. This has been known for, like, ever. XP
We're talking May here, so yeah.
Wow. That's just about the worse news the KC smash scene has ever heard. This is terrible.

Who's he going to play in Texas? Rob$ or Caveman? Is Darkrain even going to live anywhere near Crystal City?

Top Bottom