• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Jace08

Smash Lord
We meet in the Student Center building. There are two entrances to that building, and it doesn't really matter which one you go through. As soon as you walk in, turn left and go up those few stairs that lead to the food court. Keep walking through the food court area and look forward and maybe a bit to your left. A few stairs descend into the corner lounge, and there you should see some tvs and some funny lookin dudes. That's us.

We meet every Tuesday from 4-9ish, and every Friday from 1 to 5ish.

Oh and don't just observe feel free to join in and play some games with us! At JCCC meetings Brawl isn't frowned upon by anyone except me, so you'll be in the majority there.

EDIT: Oh yeah PC I forgot about you. See you there Tuesday.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
We meet in the Student Center building. There are two entrances to that building, and it doesn't really matter which one you go through. As soon as you walk in, turn left and go up those few stairs that lead to the food court. Keep walking through the food court area and look forward and maybe a bit to your left. A few stairs descend into the corner lounge, and there you should see some tvs and some funny lookin dudes. That's us.

We meet every Tuesday from 4-9ish, and every Friday from 1 to 5ish.

Oh and don't just observe feel free to join in and play some games with us! At JCCC meetings Brawl isn't frowned upon by anyone except me, so you'll be in the majority there.
And me!

10char

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It was ****
You are so constructive I can't describe it in words. normal Brawl is terrible and has been explained several times as to why; this is a bit different, and you could at least say more than that.

the mii thing is hilarious

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
it only felt like brawl because you used Ike
you're supposed to use Captain Falcon and combo everyone into death.

also i don't have enough room in the code for wavedashing yet. i will soon!!11

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
well choosing a character native to brawl is inevitably going to make the game feel like brawl, regardless of any improvements made to the game mechanics. Ike is ridiculously good in brawl+ though. I made a custom char select screen where it's just 50 Ike's in order to reflect this.

anyway so guys melee is way fun.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
hitstun
shield stun
shields lose more and gain less
no auto sweetspot ledges (what is this less noob in barwl?)
fast fall and downwards gravity both increased by 15%
dashing speed increased by 15%
dash dancing
l-canceling (50%)
no tripping
c-stick down-air doesn't fast fall
move decay decreased by 50%
grabbing ledges have less lag (ledgehopping actually works)
powershield frame window reduced from 5 to 1.

You are right, barely anything has changed. the game isn't done yet either.

anyway this is dumb, melee ftw. brawl+ is pretty fun, especially in comparison to normal brawl but melee is atm wayyyy better.

Cups

Smash Ace
brawl and all brawl conceived spawns are garbage, no matter how many things you change, it is still a ******* child in a world that won't accept it.

papermarkis

Smash Lord
Well apparently the Brawl + team is still making more hacks such as increasing the gravity, overall speed, reducing the floatiness, and balancing the characters. If it wasn't for the fact that tourneys would have to be ran with over 30 Twilight Hacked Wiis, the Brawl + community could possibly be formed.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

Fixed.

10char
Proof that Fino is definitely high on something.

markis, people always being setups to melee/brawl tourneys, why would brawl + be any different? o.O Also your statement about those hacks are correct. They're currently working on individual shorthop height and falling speed as well as some animation speed increases. Downwards gravity has already been hacked and works well, though.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
honestly all you need is one copy of Twilight princess and an sd card, and you can hack every non updted wii. with nintendos new update system however only non updated wiis can be hacked. it wouldnt be too hard to do.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
My friend's Wii has the most recent firmware upgrade and I can run Brawl + just fine on it.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Who all that's not going to SMYM would like to play some melee this weekend? I'm thinking about holding some friendlies, but I gotta know a number of who would come.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
adhdsoad I'd be up for that, depending on where it'd be I could probably go.

Jace08

Smash Lord
Cups makes a good point.

GOOD LUCK to everyone who's going to IL. I reeeally wish I could go with you all, especially after being forced to miss cherry smash last week. Anyway I hope you all do well. Team Phat Dyc I wanna see you guys take teams

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
jace it's ok im going to JCCC tomorrow so it'll be almost like SMYM 9 but better because i'll be there.

darkrain

Smash Ace
neither phat nor dyc are going actually..

Everyone should show up at Cherry around 3:30 so we can pack up the cars and be on the road by 4 o'clock at the latest. It's a 6.5 hour drive from UMKC so hopefully we can get there before 11.

Markis, I will kill you....

Top Bottom