• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
alright i dont like asking this, but if JCCC were to hold a big brawl event, possibly 2 day would ANYONE be able to house? yes i know you guys hate brawl, but the few brawl people we have here have very little housing options.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
good **** darkrain and crew. and though our little make shift cherry smash wasnt as good as the original it was still pretty badass. ggs to all i played. oh and arkive is trash :o

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
good **** darkrain and crew. and though our little make shift cherry smash wasnt as good as the original it was still pretty badass. ggs to all i played. oh and arkive is trash :o
I vouch this, arkive only shine spiked me about 70 times.

Jace08

Smash Lord
Congrats Darkrain for winning it all & Dmac too in doubles. I can't wait to watch the vids when they're up.

Stealth ggs to you and everyone else who was there. And yeah it was kinda funny Pc you're right I just sat back and let arkive shine you every game we played. Someone with some good marth knowledge in the crew should help Pc out with avoiding the shine. I can't my marth sucks. For the most part though you were doing pretty good Pc especially with all those spikes.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
marth is my secondary, i **** foxes. dk is the best cp for fox though

papermarkis

Smash Lord
alright i dont like asking this, but if JCCC were to hold a big brawl event, possibly 2 day would ANYONE be able to house? yes i know you guys hate brawl, but the few brawl people we have here have very little housing options.
Phatgamer's the only person who ever had the capacity to house anyways, so you're basically asking him.

But yes, the crew for the most part did very good, and of course Dark won it all.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Congrats Darkrain for winning it all & Dmac too in doubles. I can't wait to watch the vids when they're up.

Stealth ggs to you and everyone else who was there. And yeah it was kinda funny Pc you're right I just sat back and let arkive shine you every game we played. Someone with some good marth knowledge in the crew should help Pc out with avoiding the shine. I can't my marth sucks. For the most part though you were doing pretty good Pc especially with all those spikes.
I'll get my skillz back eventually... Just might take a while...

Also, who has videos from smym? I need to watch!

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Yeah idk when the next big melee tourney is that isn't 8+ hours away that is gonna be promising, so i know i want to come down and game with kc, maybe i can convince echo smeesh and some others to come along.

Uli

Smash Champion
id love to come to kc again and play some games
you guys should host another tourny :D
and play some 3rd strikeee

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I am so ignorant, not being able to read the minds of the tournament organizers to know what exactly it would be named. I apologize for my blatant and embarrassing lack of knowledge.
:p

Jace08

Smash Lord
I could try to convince Duck to make the incoming gigabrawl tourney at JCCC into a melee tournament. Or maybe we could fit both tournaments into one semester? I'll talk to him.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
why would we name a melee tourney gigabrawl? i actually would love to make a melee/brawl 2-3 day event tourney, but that will be hard to get done with the seperate sides here.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
why would we name a melee tourney gigabrawl? i actually would love to make a melee/brawl 2-3 day event tourney, but that will be hard to get done with the seperate sides here.
How about a brawl/melee crew match. The crews duel in melee and brawl both, and see who gets better scores in each others games. It would be fun to watch all the cry.

Jace08

Smash Lord
^ Agreed.

And stealth you were supposed to just assume that we'd change the name if the JCCC tournament became melee-oriented.

Jace08

Smash Lord
GGs last night; those doubles games were too good.

So everyone I talked to Duck about hosting another event 52 at JCCC, and he said he was up for it and could reserve the Regnier Center like before. And also like before, we'd need some help hosting if some of you are willing.

We could make it huge and national again like before or we could just make it a big midwest tournament. I dunno, I'm fine with either one. As far as when, Duck was thinking we'd make it happen at the beginning of the summer.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Oh right and we should talk with the people hosting MSOP3 to make sure the two tournaments aren't scheduled too close together.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I don't think having both games would make it as good, regardless of turnout. It's way easier to organize an event for a single game than both.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
I wouldn't mind both being in a tournament together. It would be nice to see if/how the brawl gameplay has progressed to see if it could ever be a half-decent game.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
to be honest its progression is limited. i dont see it ever becoming a decently competitive game without an overabundance of rule changes. either that or some random game changing AT (which wont happen)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
no it would be seperate days. you would never want both brawl and melee at the same time. it would have to be a multi day event, ala FAST.
I'm aware, my point still stands. It's easier to organize a 2-day event for Melee than having a 1 day event for both Melee and then Brawl.
plus most of KC hates Brawl.

Top Bottom