• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm 15 and can't drive. :p

Dang it, and I really wanted to get some more exposure to some different playstyles before E52. :\

Jace08

Smash Lord
I can bring a wii setup; don't really have any tvs to bring.

And CRAP I might not be able to make it to this barrio.

D

Deleted member

the address has been posted in this thread a million times, MAYBE PHAT SHOULD PUT IT IN FIRST POST HMMMMMMM?
QFT, i don't think anybody wants to look through like 400 pages lol

Cups

Smash Ace
Arrgh, parents are like "THAT AIN'T SAFE" or something for this week.
They said "maybe some other time" though so :\
That sucks, I had the same fears whenever I first came. If they want to drop you off some time, I'm sure everybody would be willing to introduce themselves to help alleviate your parents' fears. Jesi gave me this speech about trust in the smash community and how we are a different breed of people when I first came, and I can assure you that we would be nice and not put you in a dangerous situation or a situation that you might not agree with. Give it a try, hope to see you some time.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
While I agree, and my mother feels the same way (she trusts my judgment verily), my father doesn't (especially due to the age of many of the smashers that would be there) and I'd rather not ask him for a ride (due to the slim chances) and the chance that he may change is mind about letting me go on the 18th if I asked "Hey can I go over to a 20-some year old's house to play some video game over the weekend? 8D."
My mom will very likely let me go the week after the tournament, though; she's just out of town this weekend and loldad.

Hopefully I'll see you guys the 18th and we can do some mad friendlies there (Look for the TROGDORRRRR shirt!!!), hope you guys have fun this Sat. without me :p

Cups

Smash Ace
If your parents are dropping you off to the tourney, why not have them talk to some of us?

edit: this is papermarkis btw

Duckersmsh3

Smash Cadet
While I agree, and my mother feels the same way (she trusts my judgment verily), my father doesn't (especially due to the age of many of the smashers that would be there) and I'd rather not ask him for a ride (due to the slim chances) and the chance that he may change is mind about letting me go on the 18th if I asked "Hey can I go over to a 20-some year old's house to play some video game over the weekend? 8D."
My mom will very likely let me go the week after the tournament, though; she's just out of town this weekend and loldad.

Hopefully I'll see you guys the 18th and we can do some mad friendlies there (Look for the TROGDORRRRR shirt!!!), hope you guys have fun this Sat. without me :p
come to the gig events on tuesday at jccc your dad can find out for himself what we smashers are all about. plus its a college so its imposible for anything to happen bad. we run to 4-8 sp your dad can drop you off after work its in the corner lounge in the com buliding

pyroty

Smash Apprentice
Strong_Bad:

You and pyroty can be friends, and study up on physical science together, it might own.
Lol XD wow, someone younger than me!?

Anywho, can't wait till tomorrow aspecially after missing last weekend do to not having a ride D= but yeah I have a feeling this barrio will be epic seeing as next weekend is the tourny O.O

Jturley46

Smash Journeyman
Lol XD wow, someone younger than me!?

Anywho, can't wait till tomorrow aspecially after missing last weekend do to not having a ride D= but yeah I have a feeling this barrio will be epic seeing as next weekend is the tourny O.O

dude, you should have called, I would have came and got you. Oh and @ the physical science comment- hahahaha.

pyroty

Smash Apprentice
dude, you should have called, I would have came and got you. Oh and @ the physical science comment- hahahaha.
yeah... I was thinking about it, but I was hoping sooner or later josh would call me and we could head up there so I didn't want to have already left, but by the time I'd waited all night it was pretty late anyway, so I didn't want to make you have to stop smashing to come pick someone up two weekends in a row =P but if I ever need a ride again I'll be sure to call you instead of waiting all night.. lol I should be getting my license in January so I won't have to worry about this anymore hopefully, but thanks for all the rides dude I really appreciate it

Cups

Smash Ace
But we LOVE pyroty, we were all just sitting around asking where you guys were the whole night. All of us had cold, clammy skin and were shaking really bad. Some might say we were "jonesing" for pyroty and jfro.

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
Won't be there tomorrow due to the family going to a wedding in St. Louis. DYC, sorry but we will have to try and get some practice in during the week...perhaps Thursday night after I get out of class?

D

Deleted member

i can't find the thread to the tournament that's hosting Tekken 5, SC4, brawl and i think GG:AC Q.Q

can anybody help me out? i think it should be this weekend or something, but thats just a guess...

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
i can't find the thread to the tournament that's hosting Tekken 5, SC4, brawl and i think GG:AC Q.Q

can anybody help me out? i think it should be this weekend or something, but thats just a guess...
I'm pretty sure it's the 14th, but that's just a guess coming straight from the top of my head. Also I SHOULD be coming to barrio tonight. The last few weeks have been hell but I really need to get my friendlies on. The pools are even gonna be tough with this one. I hope everyone is down for some intense training!

dmac

Smash Champion
pools are going to be incredibly hard as only top 4 are advancing to the next round of pools, so be sure to fighto hardo

dmac

Smash Champion
well theres two ways to go about this.... we either go 3 rounds of pools(which is what darkrain doesn't want to do), or we stick with 2 rounds of pools.

with 3 rounds of pools with 160 people we have to do 32 pools of 5 people. with that we would be eliminating 1 person per pool out of the tournament with only the top 4 advancing and set up for the next round of pools which would be 16 pools of 8. (it'd be going from 160 to 128 people)

with 2 rounds of pools with 160 people it'd start out with 16 pools of 10 people. we would eliminate the bottom 6 from each pool with only top 4 advancing. (we'd be going from 160 people to 64 people).

last night i talked to dark specifically about this, and hes really set on just 2 rounds of pools, but if we get a lot more than we anticipate we'll probably have to do 3 rounds

DYC

Smash Champion
For two rounds of pools with 160 people and 32 setups, that's 10 people per pool. (With two setups per pool)

For the mathematically impaired, that's 6 people out of 10 being eliminated.

edit: psh, posting from work and dmax beat me to it.

dmac

Smash Champion
you suck, 1 minute earlier = win

good thing you're at work or you'd hear this maniacal laughter ( its really loud!)

pyroty

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I tend to be the youngest in any sort of group I'm a part of :\
lol yeah me too, you can't be too much younger than me, I turned 16 less than a month ago, what school do you go to, and what part of kc do you live in?

But we LOVE pyroty, we were all just sitting around asking where you guys were the whole night. All of us had cold, clammy skin and were shaking really bad. Some might say we were "jonesing" for pyroty and jfro.
XD thanks cups, I'll just have to make up for not being there last week tonight, see you all there!

PS: I FINALLY GOT A NEW CONTROLLER!!!! >.>

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
lol yeah me too, you can't be too much younger than me, I turned 16 less than a month ago, what school do you go to, and what part of kc do you live in?
My bday is in May lol :p
I go to LSHS here in Lee's Summit (30 mins or so South of KC)

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Ok I got some good news and some bad news. Firstly, my friends from cali have cancelled, and will be unable to drive to this event....he says he's gonna check flight info but that's unlikely.

The good news is you can put me down for a TV and a Cube, however the AV jacks on my computer are very touchy, so depending on what condition it's in, it may need to be used for friendlies only.....but it does ocassionally act consistantly.

Hey by the way I had tons of fun last weekend. Phat I really enjoyed our games. Darkrain, i'd have liked to play you more....

Everybody else it was really fun, and I hope to get some matches in with DYC at the tourney...

Top Bottom