• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

MuBa

Smash Lord
DON'T YOU COME IN HERE WITH YOUR BRAWL propaganda!
I'm just merely stating what's currently going on, not saying crap to hurt your sorry die-hard Melee's ***. Take a chill pill.

and your lack of knowledge about ken and his "experience" climbing mt fuji.
All I said was that he wouldn't get voted off that easily. Climbing a mountain isn't some small chore you know, unless he's lying about it. No need to get all mean about it.

edit: I play both Melee and Brawl.

Jesi

Smash Ace
You haven't seen mean. -_-

So guys 2 weeks till oct. 10th, i'm counting down the days!! See my favorite KC/Lawrence crew sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon :D

only1Z

Smash Champion
I hate, "I'm just sayin" responses. We know what you said, and what you meant was easy to see cause what you wrote was very straightforward.

MuBa

Smash Lord
Ya know, I've just read my previous post and it DOES look like I'm saying something bad against Melee. My bad lol. Looks like my choice of words were bad that time.

But what I really meant is that MLG is at the very LEAST having interest involving Smash in their agenda, even if it's only Brawl.

I wasn't trying to hate on Melee >_< That game's too good.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
markis this is my only life line to kansas city. HOW COULD YOU!?
Ok I must've missed something......when did you move away? And why?

And yes Dela, Ken is a contestant on this years season of Survivor. Go to CBS.com and you can see an interview with him as well as the first episode.....it's interesting. I've never watched survivor before, but it's way different when you know the person.

thedobaga

Smash Apprentice
Hey, was anybody here at the Japan Festival at JCCC today? There was some Brawl friendlies going on over there, though most of them were frirst time players, we did have some pretty good people come in.

So.. was I the only one from here that was there?

dela

Smash Cadet
So, as long as someone has a TV with outputs, if I ever come up to KC we could record.

thedobaga

Smash Apprentice
Anything Brawl-related going on this weekend? (Can't and don't play Melee...)

Cause, hell, I'm free all weekend and need to get out to more of these things...

EDIT: I just remembered that it's Monday.. eh, I'll ask again closer to the weekend

Jace08

Smash Lord
Hey Dobaga there are gamer meetings every Tuesday from like 4:00 to 8ish at JCCC. Despite my best attempts at pushing for melee we usually end up playing Brawl most of the time. You should come tomorrow if you can.

there was some good stuff going on this weekend, we really need to record soon.

we sooo lazy tho.
Ah I wish I had been there. Was at a debate tournament. I'll be there this Sat.

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
If anyone in particular wants in on a catering job that pays 10 an hour this job is desperately seeking people.

Would be a good intro job for someone who's considering moving into Kansas City and doesn't have a job readily available but needs to pay the rent. You know who you are.

thedobaga

Smash Apprentice
Hey Dobaga there are gamer meetings every Tuesday from like 4:00 to 8ish at JCCC. Despite my best attempts at pushing for melee we usually end up playing Brawl most of the time. You should come tomorrow if you can.
Wait... tomorrow? Seriously? Holy carp...

I literally live across the street from JCCC... atleast on Mondays and Teusdays.. and some weekends.

Plus, even if you guys play Melee, I don't mind watching matches, they're usually entertaining.

I'll see about coming, thanks for the info.

Cups

Smash Ace
brawl lol

No we don't play brawl at Barrio, and I don't really think there is a weekly meeting of Brawl players except at JCCC sometimes.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
Yeah i think it will most likely be barrio hosting melee only meetings, and JCCC holding weekly brawl only meetings, since most people from each camp highly prefer their own game.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
If anyone in particular wants in on a catering job that pays 10 an hour this job is desperately seeking people.

Would be a good intro job for someone who's considering moving into Kansas City and doesn't have a job readily available but needs to pay the rent. You know who you are.
My god... I wish I lived in Kansas City

edit: Also, what happened to Dmac's car? lol I remember last weekend it was swerving out of control, I can only imagine what happened to it this time...

I couldn't come to barrio on saturday because of it, so can I somehow get a ride this weekend? It would be appreciated =D

What's wrong with your phone Dmac?

D

Deleted member

JCCC has brawl meetings from 5-9 tuesdays and 1-5 fridays.

I think any one who has SOME interest in brawl should come.

~Fino
holy crap @_@, i thought KC totally abandoned brawl lol

hella dude, i'll be there for sure lol

thedobaga

Smash Apprentice
HOLD IT! [/pheonixwright]

Where in JCCC are you guys gonna be? And I probably won't be there until about 6ish if I DO come.

EDIT: Just noticed that Jace already P/Med me about that. Well, I know where it is, now. Hope to see you all there.

thedobaga

Smash Apprentice
Well, I did have a good time last night, I'm glad I came to watch Fox get owned by Pichu three times in a row, then to get my *** handed to me more times than I can count because you are all truly better than me. I just have to work on my Pikachu and try and bring in my usual teammate next time..

BTW, from the looks me and my friend got when we walked in, I'm guessing you guys expected me to be older?

Jace08

Smash Lord
No we look at every newcomer like that. We make sure to get it completely right by practicing it when no one's around.

Lol no we had no expectations; everyone is welcome to the JCCC meetings. Glad you had fun, dude, it was cool playing with you. See you next Tues. if you can make it.

D

Deleted member

i hope i can come earlier next time lol

only took me like 30 mins to find where you guys were.....

Top Bottom