• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

papermarkis

Smash Lord
this tourney is gonna be awesome i just got free drinks at the power and light district all night because my friend won some kind of prize or something. i rode the bull and stuff it was awesome i wish you guys would have been there cuz i like you more than the people i went with see you all tomorrow later on I've been practicing a lot so I hope I play better than usual.

Cups
Tomorrow later on? You're not going to be there idiot!

Jesi

Smash Ace
well if you happen to google it, it is the Spanish word for district or neighborhood. But these days it is the place where the KC/Lawrence crew gets together to play lots of smash, and alternately or simultaneously get smashed, hammered or ****-faced. One may note that pro player, darkrain, hosts the event weekly on Saturday nights.

How's that for a definition?!

Cups

Smash Ace
we call it the barrio b/c a bunch of mexicans are always playing volleyball. it's in a mostly hispanic neighborhood, thus "el barrio."

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
GGs to pyroty. Haha you're basically the only person I remember playing a lot with last night. I also had a good time with everything else, though I saw very little smash being played, which disappointed me considering I need as much training as I can get.

Linkw00t... Nice singing lol

dela

Smash Cadet
So if I were to have an interest in such a thing, what does one have to do to get in? ;)

I'm not very good so mostly I'd just be trying to learn. I only started to tech play about a week ago.

Jesi

Smash Ace
Well first you have to go through a series of trials: e.g. keg stands, walking over hot coals, playing w/a cobra, and beating darkrain 5 times consecutively in falcon dittos.

OR you can take the easy way out, i guess...and just come over on a Saturday night, and byoc. You could ask for a ride if you live around where some of the other smashers come form otherwise you'll have to provide your own transportation to and fro. The address has been posted plenty of times but I'm sure this won't be the last:

6627 E 15th Terr
KCMO 64127

Go down the long hilly driveway to the backdoor, come right in, don't show up before 5pm, and do not under any circumstances let the cats out, they will eat you alive. -_- (P.S. Smash usually goes on until 12am or much later).

dmac

Smash Champion
ITS TRUE. ****. YES. FINALLY.

rumors are its gonna be a 90 episode run, but thats just a rumor. president of Madhouse(the same production company) confirmed the second season officially.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

TAKAMURA VS HAWK. IPPO VS SAWAMURA. SAWAMURA VS MASHIBA. KAMOGAWA VS ANDERSON. FUUUUUUUCK YES.

If you haven't bothered to check out Hajime no Ipoo, I HIGHLY recommend it. Its probably the best beat em up shonen series out there. No super powers, no stupid filler, just lots of awesome.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
ITS TRUE. ****. YES. FINALLY.

rumors are its gonna be a 90 episode run, but thats just a rumor. president of Madhouse(the same production company) confirmed the second season officially.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

TAKAMURA VS HAWK. IPPO VS SAWAMURA. SAWAMURA VS MASHIBA. KAMOGAWA VS ANDERSON. FUUUUUUUCK YES.

If you haven't bothered to check out Hajime no Ipoo, I HIGHLY recommend it. Its probably the best beat em up shonen series out there. No super powers, no stupid filler, just lots of awesome.
NO WAI!!! So you're telling me they're continuing the Ippo anime!?!??!!? WOOO I'M SO EXCITED! I always heard rumors but I guess it's true =D

Anyways. Did I hear darkrain say that there would be no barrio this weekend? If so TZ and I are gonna need some one to melee with fo sho. Also can I get the link to the smash DI page again Dmac?

So like, I'm trying to preregister for the tourney, but the only thing keeping me from doing that is the lack of a good gamer tag. I would just go with adhd but I heard a smasher already took that name. DILEMMA HELP PLZOX

Cups

Smash Ace
actually i had a dream that z died last night so i was just wondering, but thanks for giving me arbitrary advice that i already know :)

happy birthday dmac

Uli

Smash Champion
tyser told me to post on here so

Happy b day dmac, lets play some 3rd strike sometime :D

pyroty

Smash Apprentice
GGs to pyroty. Haha you're basically the only person I remember playing a lot with last night. I also had a good time with everything else, though I saw very little smash being played, which disappointed me considering I need as much training as I can get.

Linkw00t... Nice singing lol
Lol yes GGs, and Happy Birthday Dmac! Wow (16th)?
Happy Birthday to me today! (17th)! XD awesome.
and no barrio this weekend to celebrate? D= or is there? I haven't heard any straight answers but if I remember correctly there isn't supposed to be.

Jesi

Smash Ace
LOL...
rofflllllllllllllllllllllllll i'm not sure whether to be flattered or beat red embarrassed :embarrass: lulzzzzzz :p

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Ok so my doubles partner registered as Darkgroin, whereas I registered him as TZ/Thomas Zheng as my doubles partner. That won't create problems will it?

Top Bottom