• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Jace08

Smash Lord
Wow... that's the last attack that I thought would get a buff from melee... Sweet.

I recently downloaded that Global Smash Compendium that one guy made. You all should too and register your names to show up on it (if you haven't already); it works really well.

Just run a search on smashwiki to find it.

CFMV

"The Marf"
i'm sure you already heard, but you can start as Zero Suit Samus by holding R before a match, so no need to use FS to get her

SamDvds

Smash Ace
oh yes i heard and ive been watching vids of her. she looks almost broken. she has sheik's up air, falcon's nair and u air, and marth's range not to mention a mean *** air juggle.

papermarkis

Smash Lord
Don't worry about Falco, we'll discover some new combos with him in time. Things just aren't going to be the exact same way they were Melee. It may take some time, but eventually, we'll discover new techniques.

only1Z

Smash Champion
Man, I just made this long post but then it didn't load.....I don't want to type it again, but someone else will come along and explain how good Brawl is, and touch on a few of the topics that are being talked about in the thread currently....peace.

only1Z

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, I will say calling Wolf, "Luigified" is one of the stupidest descriptions I have ever heard...

*Ike for god tier

Big Burn

Smash Lord
yeah could u guys get a little more into why brawl is good? i have read impressions and watched a lot of competitive vids and stuff from other people and the game looks really promising to me on a competitive level but it would be cool to here it from some people that i actually know

only1Z

Smash Champion
Well, it was all free for all at the tourney, cause everyone wanted to play, and that's a lot of people. But the feel of the game is fun, it flows well, looks good. But when it came down to 1v1 cause everyone else was dead, it got a little harder cause people started running away *but they may have just been newbs*

But it's hard to explain the feeling of it being so much fun if you haven't played it yourself....don't knock it till you try it.
O.o Final smashes were awesome to watch, IE phatgamer Game n' Watch octopus ****, or Great Aether being to good. The game has a lot of energy while your playing, you get ****ing pumped....I was jumping up and down before and after cause it was so much fun.

dmac

Smash Champion
on a purely a party game level, final smashes, smash balls, and fighting for smash balls are some of the greatest things ever to happen to casual gaming

Jesi

Smash Ace
characters are all so new, it's really exciting to discover a character you love all over again.
Looking at the move set I was already starting to imagine the new combos that could be had. I'm super excited to see what other people come up with. :)

<3 smash.

Jturley46

Smash Journeyman
speculatively speaking, does any body know who they might main in brawl? After initially hating toon link, I think thats who im going to main, I main young link which might help.

papermarkis

Smash Lord
I want to main one of these 5:

1. Pokemon Trainer (Because I'm a huge Pokemon fan and he's my favorite new character so far)
2. Meta-Knight (My favorite Kirby character)
3. Sonic (Simply because of how badass it is that he made it into the game)
4. Wolf
5. Captain Falcon

CFMV

"The Marf"
i'm probably gonna stick with marth, but i'm gonna try all the new characters and see who i like. Snake looks pretty badass too.

only1Z

Smash Champion
Nick and I seemed really interested in Ike, there's bound to be something that makes up for his sluggish moves, BESIDES AWESOME POWER. Sheik seemed ****ed to me....maybe it's only cause of a small level full of 3 other people and getting ***** in teams....

SamDvds

Smash Ace
zss ftw :) u guys should come visit stl march 8th for the tourney/midnight brawl release & brawl smashfest at genos afterwards

darkrain

Smash Ace
Anybody know a person who can install a Wii mod chip? I've got one, but no soldering gun or talent.
I'm impatient and decided to import.
Any luck on that mod chip? My offer still stands.

By the way which mod chip do you have? I'm pretty confident I can install it for you, but I'd like to do some research on the mod chip you have. Seems not all of them work with brawl 100%.

-------------

Echo

Smash Champion
too many characters just look way too fun play. Captain Olimar, Zero Suit Samus, Metaknight, Ike, Lucas, Zelda, I dont know its like this game will just be too much fun to be able to pick a main. I am interested in seeing how Ness turns out this time around, but I've got admit I'm likin what I see of ZSS so far.

only1Z

Smash Champion
If I had to pick between ness and lucas, lucas imo! Nick was sayin he didn't look like he was doing much at the time. Sometimes it's hard to judge during a 4 man free for all.

FilibusterRhymes

Smash Cadet
Any luck on that mod chip? My offer still stands.

By the way which mod chip do you have? I'm pretty confident I can install it for you, but I'd like to do some research on the mod chip you have. Seems not all of them work with brawl 100%.
Whoops. Haven't checked here in a while.
It's a WiiKey. I have a first shipment Wii so it's a guarantee work.
I've not received the chip in the mail yet. I've got a soldering gun, triwing screwdriver, and everything because of I've been fiddling with LEDs on controllers.

But, yeah, that'd be great, and of course we'd fire up the game immediately.

darkrain

Smash Ace
Where did you buy it? Echostore is usually pretty fast and they have it for $20. Anwyway, let me know when it comes in. Do you already have your copy of brawl?

------

Where did you buy it? Echostore is usually pretty fast and they have it for $20. Anwyway, let me know when it comes in. Do you already have your copy of brawl?

------
if youre playing brawl, ima need that friend code soon :D
edit - that goes for all kansas ppl =p

FilibusterRhymes

Smash Cadet
I used PS2 Cover. The chip will be in hand by the 12th at latest if their shipping estimates are right.

I have an ISO of VS Mode. Well, anything that doesn't use movie sequences (Adventure, Classic, etc)., but basically only VS.
The actual disc will come by the 23rd.

Upgrayedd

Smash Cadet
I'm trying to get caught up from what I missed when I was gone the forums. You guys have playable copies of BRAWL (modded Japanese copies I assume)!!!!!??? That is unfreakingbelievably awesome!!! I are you guys having a smashfest this saturday with Brawl? If so I will definatly be there!

FilibusterRhymes

Smash Cadet
I'm trying to get caught up from what I missed when I was gone the forums. You guys have playable copies of BRAWL (modded Japanese copies I assume)!!!!!??? That is unfreakingbelievably awesome!!! I are you guys having a smashfest this saturday with Brawl? If so I will definatly be there!
Maybe not this Saturday, but definitely by the 16th.

Unless somebody else has it, too?

Cups

Smash Ace
brawl is for noobs, let's fire up some mario party ds. im done with smash, i am now a competitive handheld player.

Top Bottom