• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

dmac

Smash Champion
the address to darkrains house is :

6627 e15th
kansas city, mo 64126

mapquest it or google it. try to park in the driveway or on the grass. the house is white and has a very long driveway that leads to the basement of the house, so come in through the back there. if you try to come through the front you usually wont get any response. show up around 5-6, stay as late as you want or until darkrain kicks everyone out. we usually get together almost every saturday

786-760-2942 if you have any more questions, its my number

FilibusterRhymes

Smash Cadet
Whoa! Hey! My actual copy got shipped a week earlier than I thought. Crazy.
Too bad the WiiKey doesn't play the legit copy.

L

llama_n_the_sky

Yeah, I'd like to know what kind of hurt you're going to put on my Wii before I throw it to the lions of your modifying machinations.

FilibusterRhymes

Smash Cadet
We take out the DVD drive and replace it with a perfectly functional one. The DVD drive we have is just incompatible with the chip.

Upgrayedd

Smash Cadet
Hell i'll let you guys mod mine. Will it allow me to play copied games? Ill let you do it either way. I just want to be able to play brawl this tomorrow.

FilibusterRhymes

Smash Cadet
No, it won't. We're trading your (hopefully) compatible one with my incompatible one.

Actually, we might end up with two chips...

Sorry for high-jacking the topic, but I just am embarrassed by my current post count.

papermarkis

Smash Lord
Oh, so your Wii's disc drive is incompatible with Brawl or the Mod chip for some reason, however some Wii's are compatible with it and you're just looking for the right disc drive? Is it newer Wiis that are compatible? Because mine is fairly new, bought it mid-December.

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
So does smash have Brawl?! Cool, what's up with the bringing of Wii's mods getting put in or anything?

If so, can I get some links of the procedures and products you're using as a request from The Chad? He's some kinda tech dood.

Ty, btw we'll be thar tomorrow.

FilibusterRhymes

Smash Cadet
Hey, man, I may not be talented but I'm not a noob. Just left the scene for a good deal of time and forgot my password.

We're using a WiiKey (though that's not in-hand yet) and a 15W soldering iron, linkw00t. We also have a YAOSM with wires. Why?

papermarkis

Smash Lord
So you guys got the Brawl going? Is it still at Darkrain's house? I might come over there today sometime.

To CFMV:

We found a way to directly download it in 2 hours. However, I left right when that download was nearing completion.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
We did not.

Also, I just tried the configuration disc. Looks like the chip was a bad.
Points to Jesi for calling it.

We also figured out that my copy worked, so less fail marks to me.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
But we verified that it was not a bad burn, though.
Also, it was a good install.

Neither Dark or I epic failed. The blame lies in Thailand.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
I have no regrets, either. I think everyone had a good time and the disappointment made us enjoy the good parts more.

or some other bull**** moral. I just want to play Brawl.

Secks.

Smash Ace
My roomate had trouble with his mod chip on his Wii as well, we got it as far as downloading firmwire, but it stopped reading things after the second patch. We passed the time playing brawl on another moded Wii that worked though. xD Where did you guys get your chip?

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
That article wasn't about Brawl at all. Just about how great Melee is.

That guy's totally right. I mean, the game had been out for a full TWO WEEKS before he wrote this. And no one had come close to unlocking a character's full potential?

Proof he's a well-dressed troll: "This is demonstrated in a series of videos made by a player who goes by the alias, or “tag”, Super Doodleman."

SamDvds

Smash Ace
umm actually i know him personally and he's been to KC smashfests with me like 2 or 3 times...he wrote the essay for a class...with an audience in mind that has never played smash...so they wouldnt know what a 'tag' is or who 'super doodleman' is...and im the one who suggested he post it on smashboards, as it has sparked an interesting debate...but the point of linking it in here is so u guys would carry your comments to that thread and not this one.

Upgrayedd

Smash Cadet
Don't get angry at me but, I am happy that L-canceling was dropped from brawl. That was such a ***** trying to learn I gave up. Now I hope this will level the playing field a tad and everyone will have to rely on strategy and character knowledge rather than technical skill.

only1Z

Smash Champion
There will still be a general difference between the technical, and the experienced. That's just how it's always been, can't say if taking away all technical aspects will level the playing field for sure. But only one way to find out~

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
I will agree that Brawl is not suitable for tournaments, but that's only a matter of it being a new game. There's no learning curve yet, and basically everyone is on the same level.

Thanks, papermarkis.

Cyrlous

Smash Apprentice
Signing in from Leavenworth. Can't hardly wait for the U.S. release, maybe I'll see some of you at some events if I can get up off my lazy *** long enough to come to any. Seriously though, I think this could be really cool. I may be moving to Garden City soon though, so that will put me quite far out.

DYC

Smash Champion
Don't get angry at me but, I am happy that L-canceling was dropped from brawl. That was such a ***** trying to learn I gave up. Now I hope this will level the playing field a tad and everyone will have to rely on strategy and character knowledge rather than technical skill.
What people like you don't understand is that even with L-cancelling removed, people like us still have a ****load more character knowledge and strategy than you could hope to have.

We will still be better than you in Brawl, get over it.

Upgrayedd

Smash Cadet
What people like you don't understand is that even with L-cancelling removed, people like us still have a ****load more character knowledge and strategy than you could hope to have.

We will still be better than you in Brawl, get over it.
I said it will level the playing field a tad. I never said I will pwn you. It will probably be more easier for me to learn character knowledge and strategy than stuff like L-canceling. And since this game is new and a little different than melee, you will have to learn a small percentage of new aspects of the game. I of course will have to learn more but you have to emit that brawl has made it easier for new people to learn to become competitive.

CFMV

"The Marf"
I said it will level the playing field a tad. I never said I will pwn you. It will probably be more easier for me to learn character knowledge and strategy than stuff like L-canceling. And since this game is new and a little different than melee, you will have to learn a small percentage of new aspects of the game. I of course will have to learn more but you have to emit that brawl has made it easier for new people to learn to become competitive.
You will never be good if you only do what's easy.

Top Bottom