• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

dmac

Smash Champion
apparently theres a smash tourney in lawrence on saturday at 2pm at a local game store called Gamenut. I have no details at all on it. i'll make an appearance but i dont think i'll enter since i have work at 4:30. I think at least the dans and aly are going!

darkrain

Smash Ace
OK here is how it is going to go down if you are attending Pound.
So far the list is: myself, Jesi, DYC, dmac, and Phat

Prices Per Peron and Travel Info
Plane ticket: $190
Entry fees: $65
Brawl Import tourney: $8
Hotel: $30
Shuttle Bus Fees: $15
Food: 3 meals on sat/sun will be included in the entry fee + whatever phatgamer needs to eat in between

Trip Total: $308 (+ any extra food or delicacies you decide to buy)

We will fly out of MCI at 1:23pm on Friday and arrive in Baltimore 6:50pm and take the shuttle bus to the hotel, alot of other smashers will be staying there as well.

On Saturday we will take the shuttle bus/light rail to the venue and back to the hotel and do the same on Sunday except we won't go back to the hotel on Sunday night.

Sunday night we will go straight to the airport from the venue, our plane leaves 5:30 am monday so we will spend the 3-4 hours of downtime at the airport.

If this is too much money to handle for anybody speak up now.

Also there is the option of getting housing at this huge nerd pit if you want to save 30-35 bucks. I need the people planning on going to respond to this message by the end of today so I can buy the tickets. The registration fees will be paid online and the hotel/airfare are payable to the darkrain in cashmonies. If you would rather stay at HAT's place then speak up. I want a consensus here but I would like to get decent sleep on this $300 trip. Your opinions are welcomed!!!

If there are other dudes that are bad enough to come to the last big smash tourney and get a taste of the full version of brawl before it comes out let me know. If anyone wants to punk out I need to know as well. Don't be a crusty char.

Peace my dudes.

papermarkis

Smash Lord
I almost have enough money to afford that. Unfortunately I have school. However, I'd love to go because I've never been to a tourney before and would like to play Brawl.

darkrain

Smash Ace
all of us have school pretty much... just not on friday afternoons, i'm only going to miss one class early monday morning.

coops I hear you're an outrageous baller, are you interested in going?

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Oh how I miss Smash at KU.

It really sucks when my neighbors must have items on, every single match, and call edge-guarding "being cheap." Jesus, how are items and letting people come back even fun?

Echo

Smash Champion
dayum dude i dont want to be a krusty char...
...so i might have to kreep. I am going to chicago in the middle of Feb so its a tough call, to see if I can handle duece trips in that short time... but it sounds sooo fun I don't want to miss out. I don't have to work tomorrow so I'll definetely take some time to think about this.

CFMV

"The Marf"
lol

"All i said was that if you mash buttons, something cool will happen. I didn't say you would do it." - DYC

papermarkis

Smash Lord
So who here vows to NEVER use the Golden Hammer on challenge mode?

Edit:

LOL, I'm playing Paper Mario: TTYD right now and I just got to the part where a newborn Yoshi joins your party. The Yoshi is suppose to be a random color and you get to name him. At first, I was just going to name him C.Falcon no matter what color he was, but then I saw he was black and I named him Darkrain!

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
I'm getting a new schedule for work. 6:30 to 3 am. Sunday through thursday, so my smash availability will return.

Well, one month until brawl. linkw00t and The Chad plan to attend smash constantly.

I'm getting my own place pretty soon. I'm saving up money for 6 months rent all at once so I don't have to worry about anything. Anyway, me and a friend are thinking about renting out a house.

So anyway, if anyone is interested in setting up a mini-smash during the week sometime in March for some extra practice I might be game.

PaperDream

Smash Apprentice
Sorry to interrupt >.>

Hey, I haven't posted here in a while, but to everyone in the area in the title, there's a big tourney being planned to be held at JCCC (you can be any age and go to any school though) sometime in mid-late April to late May. We're still in the process of determining a date, but we need people to sign up and register. We're looking into sponsors, and the more people we can say are coming, the better our event will look to sponsors.

We have a good location, in a conference room in a brand-new building on the JCCC campus, with a capacity of somewhere near 400 people. We don't need TVs, we can get at least 8 of them easily, and we'll have 4 projectors. The money we get from sponsors will go towards prizes, and we're looking into buying a cheap domain to help advertise the event.

We'll need more help as the day approaches, if anyone has hosted a tournament before we'd love to hear some advice and just any help in general would be great.

We're thinking BIG with this tournament, and as soon as we get a date (hopefully in the next 2 weeks) we can post a topic about it, but I just wanted to consult everyone in the area first.

Here are some images of the web layout we have so far, and again, contact me if you would like to help/attend.

Main Page
Rules Page
Register Page
Player's Page (will add a lot more detail to this later)
Info for people from out of town

Please ignore spelling errors and notes.... >.> Thanks!

dmac

Smash Champion
looks great paperdream, keep us updated... im sure we'd all love to come.

the kc crew has tons of hosting experience so we'd be happy to help!

papermarkis

Smash Lord
Yes, Sheik's TP design is so incredibly badass looking it makes me even more disappointed in TP then I already was. Also, did you guys see how Sheik how has all her specials and her FS listed at the bottom? Well if you look at ANY character profile now they also have those. Olimar's FS is listed as "End of Day".

Jesi

Smash Ace
I like the tape on her fingers, probably needs it to handle those needles :p I guess this makes up for the date being pushed back... :\ btw. Big birthday bash this weekend. Bring your drinking hat. :D

also: we haven't purchased the tickets yet, me thinks david is having second thoughts, if you really want to go speak up and push him! (I am going to try and get money to pay for myself cause i think that's one of his concerns lol - but my parents are ballers, no worrys...) lol

only1Z

Smash Champion
Who's big birthday bash?! And the tape has always been there, SHEIK 2.5 FOR THE ****ING WIN, I'M PUMPED!

SamDvds

Smash Ace
with the date changes for brawl, will Pound still be getting an imported copy? and if so can 1 of you who is going test out the 'hold A' theory on samus to see if it changes to Zsuit

Cups

Smash Ace
It's rachelgamer's bday bash, my gf is turning 20 and we is going to party like phatgamer on thanksgiving. BTW sheik looks too tough, badass mangz.

OK here is how it is going to go down if you are attending Pound.
So far the list is: myself, Jesi, DYC, dmac, and Phat

Prices Per Peron and Travel Info
Plane ticket: $190
Entry fees: $65
Brawl Import tourney: $8
Hotel: $30
Shuttle Bus Fees: $15
Food: 3 meals on sat/sun will be included in the entry fee + whatever phatgamer needs to eat in between

Trip Total: $308 (+ any extra food or delicacies you decide to buy)

We will fly out of MCI at 1:23pm on Friday and arrive in Baltimore 6:50pm and take the shuttle bus to the hotel, alot of other smashers will be staying there as well.

On Saturday we will take the shuttle bus/light rail to the venue and back to the hotel and do the same on Sunday except we won't go back to the hotel on Sunday night.

Sunday night we will go straight to the airport from the venue, our plane leaves 5:30 am monday so we will spend the 3-4 hours of downtime at the airport.

If this is too much money to handle for anybody speak up now.

Also there is the option of getting housing at this huge nerd pit if you want to save 30-35 bucks. I need the people planning on going to respond to this message by the end of today so I can buy the tickets. The registration fees will be paid online and the hotel/airfare are payable to the darkrain in cashmonies. If you would rather stay at HAT's place then speak up. I want a consensus here but I would like to get decent sleep on this $300 trip. Your opinions are welcomed!!!

If there are other dudes that are bad enough to come to the last big smash tourney and get a taste of the full version of brawl before it comes out let me know. If anyone wants to punk out I need to know as well. Don't be a crusty char.

Peace my dudes.
I want a lot of friendlies. :D

Jesi

Smash Ace
Wii Sports Cover anyone?

This is kinda off topic but...

I noticed these empty DVD cases at micro center and decided to get some to use for the Wii games we have that don't have cases (ie Wii Sports and Link's Crossbow training). They're black, not white, boo. But in the process I also decided I would create some sleeves for the games.

While doing this I had a lot of fun. I started out with the Wii Sports (and actually haven't started the Link one yet, but it's gonna be so fun! <3 Zelda art). In any case, I was looking for images from Wii Sports to "appropriate", for the back cover when I came across this website halfway into my art sleeve:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/nintendo/get-your-wii-sports-covers-here-216857.php

I was like, well crap, already made half of this... So I decided to finish mine. Basically, if anyone is interested in downloading/printing these you can either get one off that Otaku site, or DL mine, which is below in small size, and the link below it, is the 2MB version. That is for those of you who have wii's and are as OCD about having a matching cases as I apparently am...

Click Here for the 2MB version for printing!

Peace!

Jesi

Smash Ace
Triple post?!!? by accident...hope a mod comes by and deletes these...? lol..not my fault I swear, smashboards was running slow and strange and buttons weren't doing what they were supposed too... lol

on a useful note, we now have an abundance of people going to pound I hear...and davey got Jiano to say he's going to pound...

so from the KC crew we supposedly have going:

David
Jesi
dmac
dyc
Z
cups
phat? (we think)
Jiano (honorary member of kc crew)

that's a lot, this trip is gonna rock!

darkrain

Smash Ace
If you're going to go to pound bring either a credit card or the 200 bones for the flight ticket. We'll sort it all out on Saturday night. I'm not gonna front anyone the money just in case something comes up, airlines tickets are non-refundable. Phat I haven't heard anything from you, still don't know if you got off work. Also we need to register for the tournament before the Jan 20th. So get ready to spend some money this weekend.

Is Z creepin?

Cups

Smash Ace
hey mangz i'll bring monies for the darkrain this saturday for the plane tickets, i am going and I got some good encouragement from rachel who's helping me pay! so great. anyway, I'm excited to go and this will be sweet.

FilibusterRhymes

Smash Cadet
Hey! It's Brown Paper Sack! You know, from the past. I'm alive and forgot my password.

I'm taking a semester off of college for medical reasons, and am in need of things to do between work shifts. You guys still do that thing in that house in that barrio?

only1Z

Smash Champion
*I have a ton of extra black dvd cases.....

And yes BPS we still do that thing, in that house, in the barrio.

Top Bottom