• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

rezo

Smash Apprentice
i'm coming. i might bring my gf too. i command the snow and all things christmas... with my ninja info cards.

CFMV

"The Marf"
dude i totally pissed my initials in the snow outside the house tonight. For those of you that didn't come, here's what you missed:

Secks.

Smash Ace
PHAT GAMER.... You went beyond without me? Due to bad weather/people randomly appearing at my dorm that need a place to crash, Nebraska was not present. :( On another note I almost died last night attempting to walk back to my dorm. It was great.

darkrain

Smash Ace
***·ber·some –adjective
-burdensome; troublesome.
-unwieldy; clumsy.
-Troublesome or onerous.
difficult to handle or use especially because of size or weight; "a cumbersome piece of machinery"; "cumbrous protective clothing"
-not elegant or graceful in expression; "an awkward prose style"; "a clumsy apology"; "his cumbersome writing style"; "if the rumor is true, can anything be more inept than to repeat it now?" [syn: awkward]

cumbersome does not equal boring. **** you cups.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
woohoo i had so much fun this weekend. thanx again jesi and dave 4 letting me crash at your place. jungle juice ftw! cups, geno is prolly having a smashfest this wednesday if you'll be in stlouis by then. if not we can prolly get something going next weekend.

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
After watching some sick *** Mario Vids and SMG I think I'm going to main Mario.

Yeah..GF dragged me away from smash last weekend, I don't get off work until 10:30 anyway... :*(

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only person that thought 300 was overrated as hell?

I really expected a lot more, I've seen a lot of battle movies. And besides a little extra finesse, 300 didn't improve upon too much. Also, as far as acting goes it was average.

It was good, I just feel like it gets too much credit.

only1Z

Smash Champion

I really expected a lot more, I've seen a lot of battle movies. And besides a little extra finesse, 300 didn't improve upon too much. Also, as far as acting goes it was average.

**** no, I don't think it was over rated. I went to the theatre and was AMAZED. Bought the dvd, was still amazed, watched it over, and over, and over * I just loop my movies when I watch them, and then sit on my computer* and I was still amazed. Possibly the perfect mans man movie...

I don't know what that says about you linkwoot....

Jesi

Smash Ace
300 was amazing... MY MOM even liked it... like, really liked it. I loved it. wtf to anyone who didn't think it was epic. Acting was good too IMO, but if you didn't like it, it was probably because you are looking at it the wrong way. It wasn't supposed to be 'another battle movie', it was all about the so called "finesse". A new style of story telling and a motion picture that was gorgeous to the eye and elegant. 300 was about bringing the still frame to movement and doing it with skill and sophistication while retelling an age old story that owns (btw). /rant

Oh and Merry Christmas everyone! :D

only1Z

Smash Champion
Changing original comment IC darkrizzle, and since it only snowed like, 7 inches!, I don't think we were going anywhere.

DYC

Smash Champion
300 was amazing... MY MOM even liked it... like, really liked it. I loved it. wtf to anyone who didn't think it was epic. Acting was good too IMO, but if you didn't like it, it was probably because you are looking at it the wrong way. It wasn't supposed to be 'another battle movie', it was all about the so called "finesse". A new style of story telling and a motion picture that was gorgeous to the eye and elegant. 300 was about bringing the still frame to movement and doing it with skill and sophistication while retelling an age old story that owns (btw). /rant

Oh and Merry Christmas everyone! :D
Get that sophisticated film/photo **** out of this thread.

Echo

Smash Champion
i've never seen 300, but with how much i've seen random overly-used crap about it on the internet, I can't really say that i'm all that interested...

The Dark Knight, however, will be a king of movies. Oh and I am Legend is pretty good too I recommend everyone see that.

oh and everyone have a safe and merry christmas!!

*edit - yeah ok so I gave it some thought and I actually do want to see 300 some time... it looks like it might be pretty good lol

Cups

Smash Ace
<---- Thought 300 was trash and gimmicky. Proves all you have to do is make something look good and Americans will love it. Acting was **** IMO.

Did have some okay moments. I give it a 6. Troy, Gladiator, Sin City, and pretty much any older movie like Ben-Hur or Spartticus took a **** all over it. I actually loled at how overly masculine it was.

Coops talking tho, just MO.

DYC

Smash Champion
<---- Thought 300 was trash and gimmicky. Proves all you have to do is make something look good and Americans will love it. Acting was **** IMO.

Did have some okay moments. I give it a 6. Troy, Gladiator, Sin City, and pretty much any older movie like Ben-Hur or Spartticus took a **** all over it. I actually loled at how overly masculine it was.

Coops talking tho, just MO.
Troy is probably the worst Gladiator esque movie ever made.

Ew.

Cups

Smash Ace
nah hector v achilles was too good. and you gotta love a movie that makes orlando bloom a little *****.

only1Z

Smash Champion
A movie doesn't MAKE orlando bloom a little *****, cause he's ALWAYS a little *****, except maybe a little bit in lotr.....*******.

AND I'M NOT TO SURE WHAT THIS HAS TO DO WITH VERONICA MARS MY DOOH.

Lixivium

Smash Champion

Just watched "300" again today, I agree with you it's totally overrated, chock full of fantasy-epic-battle cliches, hammy acting, and ridiculous historical distortions. The way Leonidas calls the Athenians "boy lovers", and all that talk of "free men" against "tyranny" were comical (no pun intended) to say the least, since Sparta was a slave state and more gay than Broadway and figure skating combined.

The Spartans were pompous and arrogant hypocrites - Leonidas gives this speech to Ephialtes about teamwork and discipline, then what do they do? They all go out and slaughter Persians solo. That guy Astinos can kill like a hundred Persians without a single scratch, but he doesn't hear a HORSE coming up behind him and an axe swinging for his head. Please. I only wish more of them would have died before the end.

That's not to mention that I once heard Frank Miller talk on the radio and the guy practically gives George Bush fellatio on the air. Did anyone notice that one of the characters actually says "freedom isn't free at all"? I wonder if that line was inserted at W's request.

In conclusion, I liked this movie for its gratuitous female nudity.

only1Z

Smash Champion
The female nudity wasn't that prevalent at all, unlike the constant man candy *just got kinda creepy*

Jesi

Smash Ace
IMO, the story again, was about style, not historical accuracy. Do you honestly think goats were playing lutes and a rhinoceroses stormed the battle field? No, but perhaps to the men fighting, that's what it FELT like to go up against a massive army. Again, the movie is not about being truthful, its about representing the essence of a battle. Creating a mood and a unique style. It was not even close to being a historical representation. If you can't tell the difference between a ****ing documentary/historically accurate movie and a movie DERIVED FROM A COMIC BOOK, and therefore wholly interested in artistic representation and imagination, go back to watching Saturday morning cartoons because you probably think those are supposed to be real as well.

People only think things are over rated when they can't understand them IMO.

On a side note, it's not like i think this movie the best movie ever made, i just liked it, and understand it's there for it's artistic quality, not it's historical accuracy. Gladiator btw, is a phenomenal movie!!!! <3 I cried at the end *sniffle*.

btw KC smashers, Davey wants all of you to be here this weekend, no punking out 2 weeks in a row :p

And anyone in lawrence holding a phat par-tay? We might be heading out there this new years...

Top Bottom