• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Upgrayedd

Smash Cadet
Hi everybody. Is there still a Smashfest every Saturday? This time I am going to bring a friend. Anyone by chance could take us there? I live in Olathe. If no one can take me can someone repost the address. Its hard to find it in the +250 pages. Thanks.

papermarkis

Smash Lord
SF4 seems like it's going the direction of Smash Bros. A system where noobies can use all of a character's moves and still put off some pretty good things, however, it'll take pros to really use those moves to their max effectiveness. I also like they they're going for a mostly all offensive meta-game. Combo a bunch of specials together and just kick ***, don't hide in the corner and just parry into combos and specials.

Jace08

Smash Lord
Hi everybody. Is there still a Smashfest every Saturday? This time I am going to bring a friend. Anyone by chance could take us there? I live in Olathe. If no one can take me can someone repost the address. Its hard to find it in the +250 pages. Thanks.
Hey, I'm from Olathe also. Perhaps in the future we could carpool? I'm not talking about any time soon, unfortunately, because I got relatives visiting.

If we don't live that far away from each other, maybe it'd be worth saving one of our rides a trip periodically. I live about 45 minutes away from Darkrain's house. Here's his address that someone posted awhile ago:

6627 E 15th. Terr
Kansas City, MO

My address:

13842 S Sycamore St.
Kansas City, KS

Hopefully you don't live on the other side of Olathe...

Upgrayedd

Smash Cadet
Hey, I'm from Olathe also. Perhaps in the future we could carpool? I'm not talking about any time soon, unfortunately, because I got relatives visiting.

If we don't live that far away from each other, maybe it'd be worth saving one of our rides a trip periodically. I live about 45 minutes away from Darkrain's house. Here's his address that someone posted awhile ago:

6627 E 15th. Terr
Kansas City, MO

My address:

13842 S Sycamore St.
Kansas City, KS

Hopefully you don't live on the other side of Olathe...

Sweet, you only live about 10 minutes away from me. Ya sure we can carpool and maybe you could come over to my house some time and we could hang out. How old are you? I'm 22

DYC

Smash Champion
Sweet, you only live about 10 minutes away from me. Ya sure we can carpool and maybe you could come over to my house some time and we could hang out. How old are you? I'm 22
Hey man, maybe you could come over, hang out, play some gamecube? I got some natty ice on cooler man just let me know man. We can like, chill.

...like bros.

only1Z

Smash Champion
*that may be a hard reference to grasp at this point in time. Try looking for "Bro ****" If you don't know what he's talking about*

Upgrayedd

Smash Cadet
Hey man, maybe you could come over, hang out, play some gamecube? I got some natty ice on cooler man just let me know man. We can like, chill.

...like bros.
Just watched the vid, great reference! I couldn't stop laughing!

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
It's not that I don't like 300. It's just that I feel like it gets too much credit. I didn't really like any of the characters specifically. They just didn't bring anything too extravagant to the table.

I just feel like...After watching Brave Heart, every battle movie, realistic or not, will be dwarfed in comparison.

Brave Heart just moves me with emotion. That's how you can tell a movie is good. And when I say that I mean more than just epic-ness jitters.

When they kill WW's wife in BH, I get really, really mad everytime.

On an offnote, when Mufasa dies I cry everytime.

Echo

Smash Champion
oh man i just watched the finals vids from the last KC tourney... that was too fun. well, the single ones, anyway.

then i went and watched the doubles finals, and i see my partners controller fly across the screen and then a very loud banging sound.

so it just made me think, you guys should have another tourney some time soon, you know, before brawl :O

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Is any of the Kansas Crew coming to the Carbondale tournament the 19th? Cupps? Echo? Darkrain?!?

Jesi

Smash Ace
happy new year every onez cups come to barrio smash. lol just drive over here. :p

hope people actually come out this weeeeeeeeek. :)

SuperProgamerX

Smash Rookie
Yeah i had lots of fun today everybody........... BUT IMMA BUST A CAP IN SOMEBODY ON YALL BLOCK, SOMEBODY STOLE MY MUTHA ****IN RADIO OUT MY CAR!!!!!! Naw but I was gettin a new one anyway but thats still messed up.

Dark Link

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Neoshade
times?dates?PLACES??!?!?!?

Smashfests still happen every Saturday? If so, if you could repost the times/dats/places, it would be appreciated so I could start coming up! I cant find any info in the previous posts =(.

Jesi

Smash Ace
Dates: Most every Saturday,
Times: After 5 preferably unless we know you really well... -_-
Place: 6627 E 15th Terr
KCMO 64126

Be ware of parking on the street... there are thieves about... and I'm not just kidding either, people get windows broken and CD players stolen, and cars smacked :\ We try to make room on our super long driveway but carpooling helps make that happen, so if you can carpool with someone, peez do. :)

...on a side note, nothing ever happens to cars parked in our driveway... and asides from the car incidents on the street, you're pretty safe inside our snuggly humble home :) or if you have a ****ty car anyway, most of the time you have nothing to fear haha

Progamer: I got my window broken in because I assume they were going for my cd player in the first couple months I moved here. But I had such a ****ty cd player and nothing in my car of any value, they didn't take anything lol... Sorry about your car though :( I wish I could put up a vid camera outside our house... :\

Echo

Smash Champion
dayum, thats why i wanted to park at phats house when we went to msop... you guys got a pretty shady place lol. some dude keyed my car where we live the other day, no matter where you go theres people that have to do that kinda thing for no reason :/

i've been thinkin about kreepn one of these times, maybe i could still park at phats and carpool with his mom?? lol

DYC

Smash Champion
Yeah wherever you go there will be people who will hate you simply for having things that they believe they should have. They will also have no problem with screwing up your **** because hey, if they can't have it, why should you?

I do however believe that there is quite the concentration of them around the barrio. =P

papermarkis

Smash Lord
Captain Olimar owns all your souls!

Did anyone hear about the absolute WTF news about the PS3 and Xbox360 versions of Soul Calibur IV and their exclusive characters? I think I finally found something I like about the PS3...

papermarkis

Smash Lord
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Yoda. But it's just complete badassery to play as Darth Vader and get to do things like force choking and just be a complete badass. I had always planned on getting a 360, and that probably won't change any time soon, but man am I hoping they maybe switch the characters around...

papermarkis

Smash Lord
So yeah, Nick is like the greatest RA in the cosmos and stuff. You know what he got Papermarkis for Christmas? Do you know what he got PAPERmarkis for Christmas? Paper Fricking Mario: The Thousand ****ing Year Door that's what he got PAPERMARKIS for Christmas!!!

Top Bottom