• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

Duckersmsh3

Smash Cadet
god **** brawl whips not coming i guess have to say it here i cant get a room at the college till 11:30
on the 20th

dmac

Smash Champion
sorry it was on silent WHATS UP

can't get to my phone for a couple minutes, use the power of the internet to contact me

JACE ANSWER THE INTERNET

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
gghs xbomber, those were some pretty fun matches :D sorry i couldnt stay around any longer guys, i had stuff i needed to do. it was fun seeing yall again though, hope i can stay more next time. and dmac you looked hella tired lol

D

Deleted member

gg's dudes fun times

jace is still the worst ever and advanced dmac gets em

Fino

Smash Master
MJG and I were thinking of making gigabrawl (possible name change... any ideas?) brawl, melee, AND.... ssb64. We'd need help running everything though.

Also if you guys could send me some highlight clips of some sick smashing, I'd like to throw together a teaser/hype vid ;o
(for any of the 3 games)

xbombr

Smash Ace
GG's everyone! I had a great time.

Things I learned today:
1. My Bowser is as good as my Jigglypuff. >_>
2. Ganon can jab through a well spaced forward smash. >_>
3. I still need hella work on the Samus/Falcon match up. :embarrass
4. Although it seems really obvious, DI'ing towards the opponent when you up+b OoS as Samus makes it harder for them to wiggle out past the first couple hits. (Or at least it seemed like it)
5. Don't show up before 5:30.

Duckersmsh3

Smash Cadet
to mjg and Fino,

since by now it has become painfully aware to most of us of your co conspiracy i taking what was billed to me as a short notice regional tournament witch upon a satisfactory handling by the two of you i would have gladly allowed the hosting a once ever two month event. you two have crafted an utter fabrication virtually unheard of within the smash community. I don't know where you got the idea you could make me the president of gig you man b&@th slave to acheave your ends.

What you told us in your style including your decision to unscrupulously rip Darkrains image from the event 52. if either of you even bothered to care about smash you'd know that having the smash documentary maker in center focus was a poor move. for both of to have willingness to lie to everyone for an event made it certain you'd consume yourself and your smash carries in it.

however i will not let it consume the college if there is going to be a gigabrawl, I'm going to have someone else do it. the last time i heard the word gigabrawl being used prior to the fourth was still 2009 next time try upfront communication instead of backroom phone calls and lies

however if i am angry at anyone it is fino your willingness to prod mjg into ruin while so conveniently space yourself to avoid the fallout. when us students at the game degree graduate and somewhere in my games if i finally get to wright a true video game that can hold its own with modern classics in cinema i will undoubtedly have something based off of what you did these past days and take heart how you made your moves should i ever go ahead with adding a 10 lvl to dantas infrno and cite you as my insperation

stealth how could you possibly believe i was able to get the reneirr center within little more than a day

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
Well, actually ducker those images were taken by me personally, and they're from the first Gigabrawl (That's Darkrain playing Brawl, lol). The guy with the camera is a Lawrence comedian who went by WarioWario or something of that nature on the boards.

Anyways, yeah. If anyone wants my thoughts they'll have to talk to me in person some time.

Now that we're all aware of the epic fail, let's make no more mention of it again and actually get a legitimate event scheduled the way it's been successfully done in the past, shall we?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
so im prolly gonna be there next thursday unless it SNOWS AGAIN

...does anyone want to try out project M if I brought it next week? it's like pre-alpha testing if you wanna give it a shot, I think it's pretty fun and has a technical demand.
or we could just play melee, I'm down for either. :p

Fino

Smash Master
Okay, I'm going to do my best to talk about this w/o pissing people off. Both sides were obviously mis-informed, a lot mis-communication occurred, and I want to stop the finger pointing and harassment before it gets out of hand.

to mjg and Fino,

since by now it has become painfully aware to most of us of your co conspiracy
Okay... There is no "co-conspiracy" occurring. MJG had wanted to run a tournament, and he knows that the gig-hosted tournaments hold the best venue in the entire state - so he went to you to try and get a venue secured.
My involvement with MJG was making sure he was going to run the tournament efficiently. I gave him tips on how to set-up the thread, how we should hype/advertise it and so on. Later in discussion I offered to help run the tournament once we had gotten the venue and the tournament was up and running, knowing that 1-person running a tournament by themselves rarely ends in success.
Conspiracy has such a negative connotation that I would like to avoid. There was no "behind the scene" plot to overthrow you as gig-president or control the club. Just so we're clear, MJG just wanted to run a tournament.
i taking what was billed to me as a short notice regional tournament witch upon a satisfactory handling by the two of you i would have gladly allowed the hosting a once ever two month event.
That's nice to know. We hope to run the tournament well, and appreciate the offer. With good luck, I would love to see gig-tournaments in the future.

you two have crafted an utter fabrication virtually unheard of within the smash community. I don't know where you got the idea you could make me the president of gig you man b&@th slave to acheave your ends.
Whoa whoa whoa. Okay. All we were trying to accomplish was to get a tournament up-an-going on short notice. Arguably, poor-choice on our part. There were many conflicts with not-only that date, but getting attendance for a tournament so quickly. After a day of the tournament thread being up, MJ had already considered moving the date further back. He tried to call you, after some discussion on what the community wanted, but you promptly hung up your phone and turned it off (so I was told).
^^So many things wrong with this. Please acknowledge that both parties were partly at fault. Mass-mis-communication occurred. It's understandable, it happens. Let's make sure that everything is okay and set-in-stone next time (double check and okay everything before executive decisions are made) as well as make sure we keep an open mind and ear to what everyone is saying.
We had no intention in making you a "man ***** slave". Neither me nor MJG knew the process of getting the gig-okay-approved venue. It has never been clearly explained. After talking to blake, it sounds like a lot of process, paper-work and discussion before anything happens. Again, this all could have been avoided with clear talking. When talking about an event both parties need to make-sure the other understands each-other clearly. A lot of assumptions were made here. Ducker, perhaps you could explain to both MJG and I the process of getting a gig-venue, it would greatly help our endeavor to running a tournament, and tournaments in the future (with gig's approval first of course).

What you told us in your style including your decision to unscrupulously rip Darkrains image from the event 52.
This one needs explaining. I'm not sure where this came from at all @.@
if either of you even bothered to care about smash you'd know that having the smash documentary maker in center focus was a poor move.
Or this. MJG and I both care about smash, hence the reason we've gone to a tournament practically every week last month.
Who is the smash documentary maker? What is he documenting? If this was posted on swf somewhere, both of us missed it. No-one I have talked from swf or aib knew someone was making a smash documentary...

for both of to have willingness to lie to everyone for an event made it certain you'd consume yourself and your smash carries in it.
Again, where is this all coming from? I wasn't there for anything official, since it's technically not my event (I'm just helping run it), everything I've heard was through MJG. The way he was described the situation, everything seemed fine and okay'd. Obviously this is not the case. Again, communication. Both of you need to talk to each other, no grudges, no attitude. Just get this over with, be good acquaintances ect ect.
however i will not let it consume the college if there is going to be a gigabrawl, I'm going to have someone else do it. the last time i heard the word gigabrawl being used prior to the fourth was still 2009 next time try upfront communication instead of backroom phone calls and lies
From what I know, everything was discussed in person. Let's not make assumptions where they need not to be. What MJG and I talked about was how to run the tournament, whether or not to have seeding, OoS housing, which day for brawl and which for melee. We did not secretly discuss how to lie to you and pull a fast one to get an un-achievable venue and then make you look like the bad-guy when we didn't get it.
All venue discussion was upfront, from what I know. And unless there are other people involved in venue set-up besides you and mjg (from this incident), there has been no back-room discussion.
however if i am angry at anyone it is fino
... wuuuuuuuttttttt -_-''
your willingness to prod mjg into ruin while so conveniently space yourself to avoid the fallout.
As I've told you since the first time this was brought up, MJG wanted to run a tournament... not me. I'm not conveniently placing myself behind MJG. There's no puppeteering going on. Stop making assumptions about this situation. I still want to have a civil conversation about this, but that's a pretty low blow.
when us students at the game degree graduate and somewhere in my games if i finally get to wright a true video game that can hold its own with modern classics in cinema i will undoubtedly have something based off of what you did these past days and take heart how you made your moves should i ever go ahead with adding a 10 lvl to dantas infrno and cite you as my insperation
Completely un-called for and all out of the blue. I don't know why you continuously hold this inane grudge against me, why you slander my name for no reason, and make crude jokes behind my back. It's completely un-necessary. Let's not try to pick fights now. We can talk like adults, let's cut childish arguments like this out.
stealth how could you possibly believe i was able to get the reneirr center within little more than a day
Mis-communication? This is what it all boils down to.
MJG: should have gotten the approved okay, double checked everything before a thread was made.
Ducker: should have explained procedure, coordination, and process of not only getting the venue, but the organization of it.
Both: should have made clear the actions following up the meeting on Tuesday so that both of you knew exactly what was going on.

Everyone here is at fault. Let's not try to put more blame on one person than then other, cause it's really not needed. As silly as it may sound to the other, just be accountable for your actions. There is no need to blow this up. I can tell from conversing with both sides that equally are offended by each-other. I'll say it again. Mis-communication. Both of you get together, act like adults, talk this out.
I have an idea. Next meeting that takes place should be between Ducker, MJG, Blake and I. Blake and I will serve as mediators to make sure everything goes smoothly, and no unreasonable actions are said or done.

The tournament thread is closed/locked, there is no reason that both of you can't put this behind yourselves and act responsible toward each other to get another gig-tournament up and running. ;)

~Fino

D

Deleted member

so much rage-o-meter right now

let me join in the festivities, PC knife fight me, i'll find a bridge

-Kiros-

Smash Journeyman
Noob Question!

When is Brawl Giga-Brawl at JCCC? I looked at the thread and it said 2/20/10, but I wasn't sure since the thread was locked.

-Kiros-

Smash Journeyman
Four of us, other three have been to tournies before. You might know him, he's Starwarrior27 on the boards. We're from Olathe.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
so im prolly gonna be there next thursday unless it SNOWS AGAIN

...would anyone want to try out project M if I were to bring it next week? it's like pre-alpha testing if you wanna give it a shot, I think it's pretty fun and has a technical demand. jc shining, waveshining, actual l-canceling, wavedashing, etc.

or we could just play melee, I'm down for either. :p
reposting this :o

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
if you don't get a response then the answer is no

-Arkive
my post was the last post on the page and then fino posted a wall of text on the next page, so I figured most people didn't read my post. thanks for the response tho.
Brawl with wavedashing and l-cancelling is still brawl.
that's like 3% of the changes that have been done... did you even watch the trailer? -.- yea, brawl sucks, we all know it. well, except for the brawlruses...
Uh wait a sec I thought Project M looked pretty cool, if you have a beta of it I'd try it.
yeah, I have a pre-alpha of it since I do most the coding for DK. I'll bring my Wii next time I go to a GIG meeting, then.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
so yeah, it's pretty similar to Melee?!
he's not broken btw... he gets combo'd pretty badly and has terrible recovery.

Top Bottom