• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
He didn't, but I got to be called Spampharos which is an awesome nickname. Scrubs gotta learn that being called lame is like the highest honor for someone like me.

Anyway, yeah, we had some decent Brawling (I'm so rusty; MJG made me feel like I'm bad at the game), still we should iron out the ride situation for this weekend. Like I said, I could drive if needed, definitely strongly prefer us going as a group and splitting gas money, and I need to be back sometime either that night or early the next morning.

xbombr

Smash Ace
I was planning on going thursday...

I have a 2 hour drive to this, so I hope this gets figured out before tomorrow. D:

Fino

Smash Master
He didn't, but I got to be called Spampharos which is an awesome nickname. Scrubs gotta learn that being called lame is like the highest honor for someone like me.

Anyway, yeah, we had some decent Brawling (I'm so rusty; MJG made me feel like I'm bad at the game), still we should iron out the ride situation for this weekend. Like I said, I could drive if needed, definitely strongly prefer us going as a group and splitting gas money, and I need to be back sometime either that night or early the next morning.
I good plan would be meeting at ampharos place saturday morning and taking his car.
Mine has horrendous gas if you really wish to go that route, lol. Right now it looks like Me, MJG, Ampharos, and maybe another lawrence kid

What would be a good time to meet at your place AA? Assume we're like 10 minutes late and take like 10-15 minutes to get situated to leave, haha.

Duckersmsh3

Smash Cadet
:083: things are complicated right now part of this may have something to do with someone at the college breaking the lock where the TV's are kept. also av is having issues with not having staff that are a round when we close
Thursday is canceled our next two meetings are the first week of Feb. on the 2nd and 4th.
also i really need to get the Altoids from Blake that had the funds in it. :083:

EDIT: it looks like we may be in the cc211 room or the Craig auditorium Tuesday.

edit: we are moving out of the lounge will post rooms when i get that info

Jace08

Smash Lord
^lol

Oh, so that's whats going on. Ah too bad I was hoping for us all to get some practice in tomorrow for St. Louis. Maybe we can host somewhere else tomorrow night?

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I good plan would be meeting at ampharos place saturday morning and taking his car.
Mine has horrendous gas if you really wish to go that route, lol. Right now it looks like Me, MJG, Ampharos, and maybe another lawrence kid

What would be a good time to meet at your place AA? Assume we're like 10 minutes late and take like 10-15 minutes to get situated to leave, haha.
Yeah, we can do this. Mapquest says it takes 3 hours 50 minutes to get there, and sign ups start at 11 and run for an hour. This means we should hit the road by 7 AM; I'm saying arrive at 6:45 AM. Don't be more than 5 minutes late since I'm leaving at 7 AM even if not everyone has shown up and will be really upset if you show up really close to time and force us to take longer to get moving. When you show up, you should be ready to just get in the car and start going; I'm going to have everything planned out the night before and set up and whatnot (like a full tank of gas; you'll all pay me for gas at the end).

I'd appreciate confirmation or de-confirmation of the Lawrence guy sometime before Saturday morning preferably as well. I want to know everyone to expect so I can have a clear plan of how things are going down and also be ready to leave as soon as everyone shows up and not wait for someone who isn't coming.

My address is:

11409 Glen Arbor Terrace
Kansas City MO 64114

The house is yellow on the corner with 114th terrace, and there will be a white Toyota Camry in the driveway which is going to be our transportation.

For anyone who has lost it or never had it. Just park out in the street; you'll be back within 24 hours. I'll be watching for you guys.

Also, if anyone is planning to bring any equipment other than me, let me know about that now please.

Jace08

Smash Lord
In case any of you haven't checked the other thread, we're still gonna smash tomorrow (Thursday) night, but it's gonna be at Honda's place in lawrence.

Come if you can!

Duckersmsh3

Smash Cadet
:083: gig has moved due to some dumb ***** breaking in to the closet with the tvs are keep and are having issues with us. All meetings including that of this week are to be the general education building (GEB) room 233
with the a few exceptions :083:
the following is an email to me from the college:

We have established the following schedule for the Game Interest Group. Every Tuesday and Thursday, from 4-10pm, GiG will meet in GEB 233, the Craig Community Auditorium. Exceptions to this are as follows, with the room for that day:

2/11/10: COM102

3/2/10:RC144

3/4/10: CC211

3/23/10: RC144

4/20/10: CC211

4/22/10: CC211

A/V requests have been put in, so you should be good to go. Thank you, and let me know if you have any questions!

hopefully av will give us no more hassle but this is a ***** more for me than anyone else
edit: nvm resolved

edit i am deffently not blake idk how you can get me confused with that ozzy look alike

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
iirc GEB 233 is the big theatre room. for those who need to find it, head up the stairs out of the corner lounge, make a uturn to the left up the large stairway, turn right and head down the hallway, and the next building over is GEB

Jace08

Smash Lord
Woot glad these are confirmed

Also xbombr there are maps posted everywhere so you should pretty always have an idea of where to go. Although if I remember right the actual room isn't labeled with the number 233

Top Bottom