• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I can't come today, but I'll almost surely pop in Tuesday.

Also, what are the ride plans for the St. Louis tournament on the 30th? Who is planning to go, and when are they planning to go back?
I wasn't asking a rhetorical question...

I know some of you guys are going, and I'm planning to go either way but I'd prefer not to drive by myself when other KC people are going and we should be planning/coordinating stuff.

Also, who is planning to be at JCCC for Brawl tomorrow? I'd like to play at least some before the event; I haven't really had much quality play in the past 2 months.

Fino

Smash Master
I won't be there tomorrow, I have to focus on school stuff. As for travel, I'm going to try to hop a ride with the wichita people if possible. I don't know if stealth is going... and there's a 90% chance MJG is being driven there by his mom @.@
I dunno the straight facts though, lol

Anxiety

Smash Apprentice
I'll be there tomorrow if u wanna practice some, as for STL, i did not plan on going ..not sure on specifics about the tourney, maybe someone could give me a link, if i'm not awful tomorrow maybe i'll consider it.

Fino

Smash Master
Whhhaaaaatttt....

I say I'm not going and all these people are randomly coming -_-''

fack, guess I'll go <.<''

to quote: just bring a controller, location and meeting times are in the first post on the first page.

to anxiety: st louis tornament is in the midwest forum with the thread title "Hot Dickings"

Also, I left my wiimote at JCCC last meeting... did anyone happen to pick it up by chance?

Jace08

Smash Lord
First of all to the new people I just wanna say that if you play melee you probably shouldn't show up on tuesdays; we pretty just play on thursday nights as of right now.

Anyway quote we play in the corner lounge of the student center. Just walk into the student center, head towards and through the food court, then go down those few steps that you see and we'll be in that room firing up some games.

Jace08

Smash Lord
Yeah, Potts, Arkive, Tanooki, and Duck (when he shows) all play 64. That game is toooo good

Again though the players I just listed pretty much only show up on thursdays, not tuesdays. Just fyi

rpotts

Smash Lord
I play ssb64, and guess I'll be there tomorrow @.@
bring a set-up + controller and I'll play a bit I'm sure.
Are you coming from lawrence tomorrow? Pick me up and i will solve the n64 setup problem. Unless no other melee/64 players are going tomorrow.

Smash Lord
solution: drop that class and come play 64 we me, arkive, lucas et al on thurs.
I'd like to but for me it's one of those all important pre-reqs that block out half of my classes for next semester. I could still show up for like an hour or something like that depending on my circumstance. If I get really lucky and work my but off, I might get a shot to skip on a week or 2.

I don't think I'll be able to pick you up, I go to school at KCKCC (main campus). Don't worry about it too much though, If it doesn't turn out to be too much of a hassle, I'll probably be a regular as long as there isn't too much of a skill gap.

Smash Lord
I'm still coming either way, but would someone be able to bring an extra GC controller for me? Mine are at my house right now, which means another 45-60 minutes of driving. I feel bad for asking, but I really don't want to spend 2 and a half hours driving today.

Anxiety

Smash Apprentice
Lol idk man..I've never been to these so idk who ppl r..there's some ppl in here but I think they r tlkin bout a diff game

Smash Lord
I've gotta do my hair first, then I'll leave. Do we have a second setup? Because if we don't, we don't need as many controllers. Otherwise I'm buying a controller and heading over in about 15 minutes.

Anxiety

Smash Apprentice
idk bout the 2nd setup..ampharos sed he wanted to play..idk if he's coming cuz he aint sed nething in a while.

Smash Lord
If TV's are a problem, I'll bring a tiny TV. It's better than nothing obviously. Anyway, I'm leaving right now, so if someone can tell me for sure that they have enough controllers that I don't need to buy a new one, get me at ------.

EDIT: Somebody remind me to take my cell phone # off of this before the end of the day.

EDIT: taken off.

Anxiety

Smash Apprentice
Ok well if ur bringing a tv that's cool

Edit: @mjg..quote sed he can bring one..I think ur the only one with a setup ><

Top Bottom