• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

Jace08

Smash Lord
Crap tomorrow night isn't good for me...

Well, pyro smash will come soon enough if we're all free at different times. Btw Pc what are going to Texas for?

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Crap tomorrow night isn't good for me...

Well, pyro smash will come soon enough if we're all free at different times. Btw Pc what are going to Texas for?
There's this guy that me and friends all grew up with, but his mom dragged him off to Texas 2 years ago so we're all pitching in for gas and gonna go rescue him. Basically a road trip :D

Guess I'll see you guys on Saturday then. Don't forget my iPod!

D

Deleted member

GL driving to texas in the snow, driving back from overland park was gay enough. For some reason i find it easier to drive rear wheel drive cars in the snow >_>.

Fino

Smash Master
I also need more brawlz. Playing against the same 4-5 people gets boring after 300 matches or so >>

I have location issues, too. I can't even get to JCC like I thought =/

And on a side note does anybody know what this is supposed to be? :lick:
you have aim or cell number or somethin. I live in lawrence, love to smash sometime.
We usually have a car that drives down to JCCC every once a week, but it's closed until school starts again.
My number is 913-787-5282... text me sometime... I'll take all 4-5 of you down =D

~Fino

Midnight Shadows

Smash Cadet

you have aim or cell number or somethin. I live in lawrence, love to smash sometime.
We usually have a car that drives down to JCCC every once a week, but it's closed until school starts again.
My number is 913-787-5282... text me sometime... I'll take all 4-5 of you down =D

~Fino
I'd love to smash sometime, too. I live in Lawrence myself, and tbh I've never really played competitively before, but I'm looking to start. Hope I don't suck xP
My phone's stuck in another room on a shared charger, so I'll post my number a little later on when I can actually look at it and not make a stupid mistake.
A couple of my group is thinking about attending NOKOAST too, so is Lawrence going to have a very good representation that we can practice with?

MJG

Smash Hero
I'd love to smash sometime, too. I live in Lawrence myself, and tbh I've never really played competitively before, but I'm looking to start. Hope I don't suck xP
My phone's stuck in another room on a shared charger, so I'll post my number a little later on when I can actually look at it and not make a stupid mistake.
A couple of my group is thinking about attending NOKOAST too, so is Lawrence going to have a very good representation that we can practice with?
You should do fine ;)

Fino

Smash Master
There's a tournament this weekend (the 9th) in des moines that we're going to go to. I have 3 extra seats in my car if any of you like to come. 5-way split on gas is a lot better than 2, lol.
It's about average size for a tournament, and about the same distance away as no koast. Might as well why we're on break ya? =D

~Fino

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i played brawl last night for the first time in a million years
the match lasted 15 minutes

Midnight Shadows

Smash Cadet
I'm actually going back to school on the fourth, I'm still in High School. I hope this doesn't bother any of you *nodnod*

Got my phone. The number's 785-550-1376. Just like the stereotypical teenager I have unlimited texting.

I also might look into the tournament, but practice is my priority first. ^^;

EDIT: We're probably not going to be able to ride with you guys, but even if we can't we may be there anyway. I hope this isn't a problem =x
EDITEDIT: Fifth, not fourth. Sorry

beam913

Smash Rookie
hey guys new to the boards and feel new to the game after a 3 year break. i live awful close to jccc and i was wandering if someone could elaborate on the topic a little for me.

Fino

Smash Master
hey guys new to the boards and feel new to the game after a 3 year break. i live awful close to jccc and i was wandering if someone could elaborate on the topic a little for me.
Mostly play melee at JCCC, but there's also a brawl or ssb64 set-up if there's enough interest.
I'll get danny in here to (hopefully) explain when we can start using the school again.

Jace08

Smash Lord
That's good that you live close. JCCC meetings are a fun time

Basically we just play Thursday nights from like 5pm to whenever. Right now like Fino said the meetings aren't happening b/c the campus is closed for break.

We'll let you know in this thread when they're started back up again, though.

beam913

Smash Rookie
Mostly play melee at JCCC, but there's also a brawl or ssb64 set-up if there's enough interest.
I'll get danny in here to (hopefully) explain when we can start using the school again.
alright cool ill just keep updated. id love to smash with you guys and i have all 3. i prefer melee the most and 64 the second most.

MJG

Smash Hero
I'm actually going back to school on the fourth, I'm still in High School. I hope this doesn't bother any of you *nodnod*

Got my phone. The number's 785-550-1376. Just like the stereotypical teenager I have unlimited texting.

I also might look into the tournament, but practice is my priority first. ^^;

EDIT: We're probably not going to be able to ride with you guys, but even if we can't we may be there anyway. I hope this isn't a problem =x
EDITEDIT: Fifth, not fourth. Sorry
Nope. Im a senior as well.

Im assuming gigs will resume this week or next week ;o

rpotts

Smash Lord
The age range is actually surprisingly wide, 8bit and strongbad are like 16, we have a few other high schoolers, a bunch of college students and then some old farts like dmac and phat, who are in there 40s and have grandchildren.

Jace08

Smash Lord
Copied & pasted from the other thread cuz I'm lazy:

Okay, smashfest at my house tonight then for those of you who can come. Everybody is welcome to show up but obviously it's gonna be easier for those of you who live closer to me. Here's my address:

13842 S. Sycamore St
Olathe, KS 66062

We're gonna start around 6 to 6:15ish. Beam I know you don't know any of us yet but it'd be cool to have you if you wanted to come. So far Pc, Potts, and Fino are confirmed fyi

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
THEN THERE'S PEOPLE THAT **** EVERYONE AND AREN'T IN SCHOOL LIKE ARKIVE AND RAITH.

raeeeeeeeep

beam913

Smash Rookie
haha well im 14 hope thats not a problem though. really wanna come out. it would be cool if you guys kept me updated on here to when you guys play because i would love to come out.

edit: oh and couldnt make it out last night jace because my band had a show. but let me know when the next one is and i would love to be there. moms house in OP dads is in Olathe.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
There's a tournament this weekend (the 9th) in des moines that we're going to go to. I have 3 extra seats in my car if any of you like to come. 5-way split on gas is a lot better than 2, lol.
It's about average size for a tournament, and about the same distance away as no koast. Might as well why we're on break ya? =D

~Fino
Who's going, and what's the planned return time? I need to be at work on Sunday by 11 am, but I can go otherwise.

I haven't been keeping up with what's been going on with the weekly smash meetups not going over break and whatnot...

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
So... anyway, we need some Brawl action in this city, preferably before GiG starts up again (it could be a ways away...). I'm willing to host something, and I'm free Saturday/Tuesday/Wednesday in general. I live close to 435 and State Line for anyone who doesn't know, should be close for most people.

So, any interest?

I won't deny my ulterior motive to test out some Bbrawl business, but getting to play with you guys after all this time of not doing so should be fun too.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
haha well im 14 hope thats not a problem though. really wanna come out. it would be cool if you guys kept me updated on here to when you guys play because i would love to come out.

edit: oh and couldnt make it out last night jace because my band had a show. but let me know when the next one is and i would love to be there. moms house in OP dads is in Olathe.
No problem in you being 14, I'll even drive you there! Just ignore the free candy decal on my car. <333

~Amaterasu~

Smash Apprentice
So... anyway, we need some Brawl action in this city, preferably before GiG starts up again (it could be a ways away...). I'm willing to host something, and I'm free Saturday/Tuesday/Wednesday in general. I live close to 435 and State Line for anyone who doesn't know, should be close for most people.

So, any interest?

I won't deny my ulterior motive to test out some Bbrawl business, but getting to play with you guys after all this time of not doing so should be fun too.
I'm free on tuesdays... no class. But it's kind of a drive =/ maybe if I can catch a ride with stealth or someone ^^;

xbombr

Smash Ace
Are these starting back up next week?

If not then I'm transferring to JCCC because they have f***ing long winter breaks.

rpotts

Smash Lord
What smash are you into, 5 of our guys are at pound 4 right now, including two from the lawrence area (where I am) I play melee and tons of 64, might be availible to smash tonight, tomorrow night or whenever.

Duckersmsh3

Smash Cadet
alright scrubs that time of year again i need times you guys can show for meeting at jccc im assuming four tvs and anyone know whats happening with that tourny fino approched me about
edit relly need to change my sig that atleast a year old and first classes where yesterday

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Tuesdays and Thursdays are too good. 4-10 I'm free
sunday would be awesome but whatevs

Jace08

Smash Lord
I'm free tuesday nights this time, as well as the usual thursday night. I'm down for some games this thursday. Thanks for getting the meetings back up Ducker

Edit: Oh yeah just an idea. There's this dodgeball thing every thursday night at KU that I kinda want to go to, but I'd still rather smash like way more. But in the future what do you guys think of meeting up on a Tuesday night at JCCC instead of Thursdays?

Top Bottom