• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

Smash Lord
Just thought I'd say this now. I'm starting to think about hosting a bit during the week.

KCK is a bit of a drive for you guys I guess. It takes about 25 minutes for me to get to Blake's house to give you guys a general idea.

Wednesdays and Thursdays are the good days for me with Fridays as a possible, but not preferable option.

I have two nonlaggy TV's. Parking isn't likely to be an issue.

Smash Lord
Oh, I have classes at the Edwards campus on Wednesday afternoons and Thursday night. If anyone wanted me to come by regularly after for some practice, that would be great :). We could even meet at the Edwards Campus and I could bring my wii and just setup in the library if they didn't object haha
I could probably show up for this.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=285340

Go win a tournament here. It's about a 3.25 hour drive from Kansas City to Omaha. >_> But the entry fee is so low, I wouldn't even bother... You guys want to go up down in the KPRs, right? Here's your chance to prove yourselves.
Experience is the issue so the price tag isn't really going to matter. A larger scale regional tournament would probably be a good thing too If I can manage to do that.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
If I'm going to drive at least 5 hours from one place to the other, then I need to at least break even. The place is too far and the fee is low. It'd be nice to chat up a conversation, though.

Just wondering. Where were you at UNK3???

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
In my honest opinion, you DQ'd tagxy or w/e because your team was going to lose anyways but rules are rules.
For the record, my team was winning by two stocks. I suck enough to lose that, especially with MK and a partner that doesn't play brawl, but still it wasn't like I was losing and then pulled out a DQ.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
If I'm going to drive at least 5 hours from one place to the other, then I need to at least break even. The place is too far and the fee is low. It'd be nice to chat up a conversation, though.

Just wondering. Where were you at UNK3???

My mom wouldn't let me go cause of the weather and we were driving at night and she along with my dad were saying it was too far even though I told them it was 5 hrs away and was not far from Witchia.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Yeah, I talked to Automatic afterwards and told him the exact same thing. I thought I cleared up the reasons and didn't have bad blood or anything like that. But apparently that wasn't the case.
So this is why pros name search themselves?

Anyways, I was over the whole thing immediately. During pools it was my own fault for mashing too frantically and not having the pause option off, which affected another two matches that didn't involve Lux or myself. I messed that up as a pool manager and a player. I still can't say what is/was going through Tag's head at the moment this happened in doubles but rules are rules.

MJG

Smash Hero

So this is why pros name search themselves.

Anyways, I was over the whole thing immediately. During pools it was my own fault for mashing too frantically and not having the pause option off, which affected another two matches that didn't involve Lux. I messed that up as a pool manager and a player. I still can't say what is/was going through Tag's head at the moment this happened in doubles but rules are rules.
I lol'd @ automatic

DeLux

I am at a count of 4 setups, 1 assistant TO, No Housing.
We're looking at April if we get more setups and can figure out housing.

I need to know soon so I can know if it's worth it to file my proposal.

Smash Lord
I am at a count of 4 setups, 1 assistant TO, No Housing.
We're looking at April if we get more setups and can figure out housing.

I need to know soon so I can know if it's worth it to file my proposal.
Housing is likely a no go for me. I could ask, but I don't think I'm likely to have things work out. If it does I'll probably only have room for one person.

I don't know what they'll say but it might be worth asking Lawrence people about housing. If you said some of them were willing to help out with this.

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
I've housed people before and I can house people again. I have a big basement and couches and sleeping bags.

Might be able to steal Artik's wii for this tourney as well.

DeLux

Alright, we are at:

5 setups (Danny, Michael, Blake, Fino, Myself)
2 TO's Myself and Michael
Some housing with my apartment and blake's basement (although I'll keep seeing if I can track down some people that are more local). Obviously we need more, but it's a start.

- Need a date in April. I'll go ahead and file the proposal at some point before the deadline. If you guys have preferences let me know, otherwise I'll pick a Saturday that's available.

Smash Lord
TV's need to be accounted for too. I've heard about times where there's been plenty of setups but not enough TV's.

- Need a date in April. I'll go ahead and file the proposal at some point before the deadline. If you guys have preferences let me know, otherwise I'll pick a Saturday that's available.
You should run this by people in Nebraska, STL, Iowa and Oklahoma. Those are the people we are most likely to have at the tournament. Check for melee groups too if you intend to include it.

I know this is kind of obvious, but it's important. Check what tournaments will be running that month. We need to avoid significant tournament dates.

DeLux

TV's need to be accounted for too. I've heard about times where there's been plenty of setups but not enough TV's.

You should run this by people in Nebraska, STL, Iowa and Oklahoma. Those are the people we are most likely to have at the tournament. Check for melee groups too if you intend to include it.

I know this is kind of obvious, but it's important. Check what tournaments will be running that month. We need to avoid significant tournament dates.
When I was counting setups, I assumed everyone had tvs lol

I'll get on doing that at some point.

When are you having a tournament?
It's going to be in the spring whenever I can get a venue. I don't want to do it the first weekend of April because that's my birthday. And Wichita said don't do 4/23. If you want to ask Nebraska for me what's good, I'll factor it in to my proposal.

If it ends up being a bad day, it's nothing personal. It just means the venue wasn't available on the good days.

Smash Lord
It's going to be in the spring whenever I can get a venue. I don't want to do it the first weekend of April because that's my birthday. And Wichita said don't do 4/23. If you want to ask Nebraska for me what's good, I'll factor it in to my proposal.

If it ends up being a bad day, it's nothing personal. It just means the venue wasn't available on the good days.
Looking on the greedy side of things (not the bright side), if you do have it on your birthday and you say something about it on the tournament thread, you might have random people give you presents. Wishful thinking? Yes, but it would be awesome to get a pile of stuff for your birthday.

DeLux

Epiphany: Grenades, Bananas, Lasers, Wafts, Tippers, Infinite on every character, 6 Little Friends, un-DI-able Thunders QACing, chain grabs, turtles, Aura, spawned items, all the projectiles, move empathy, more lasers, EVEN MORE LASERS (and gyros), LASER arrows, random bobomb pulls, a move with a sexual maneuver named after it, shoryuken, MORE LASERS, all the spin mixups, jab cancelling, tilt locks, fair pkt2, type advantages, dragonic reversals, wave bouncing tricks, one hit knock out via grounded footstool, the trump card grab, knee of justice, longest ranged aerial move ever, wall of pains, projectiles that move you, all the lingering hitboxes, and chain chokes are overrated.

Underrated: :metaknight:

DeLux

For the record, Metaknight doesn't care. He just kills. :)

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
All (Lux) needs to do is get that cg down. You don't necessarily have to be good to main ICs, just get a good read and commence the cg.

Top Bottom