• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

Rockstar

Smash Ace
Ares my bad. We need more matches in.

Quote, yeah no doubt. Whenever your free. We can work around your schedule dude.

Lux in the Wario v Ness, we would both have grab release advantages. Ness`s extra 10 frames gives Wario a guaranteed Fsmash. And Ness`s air grab release on Wario gives him a guaranteed Fsmash. Or a short hop nair. Or fair. Or bair. Lol

Smash Lord
Crap, I have to take a night class this semester. They always manage to get in the way. It blocked me from the melee crowd when things were still happening at JCCC, over summer it kept me away from a lot of smashfests in Lawrence, and now, who knows what will happen.

Reposting this:

I need some dedicated practice too. Can you help me with that some time this week? Actually if anyone could, I'd greatly appreciate it. Location doesn't matter because everything is a drive for me anyway. If it's not already obvious I'm the one who has to drive, so having gas/money/a ride is irrelevant.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Lux in the Wario v Ness, we would both have grab release advantages. Ness`s extra 10 frames gives Wario a guaranteed Fsmash. And Ness`s air grab release on Wario gives him a guaranteed Fsmash. Or a short hop nair. Or fair. Or bair. Lol
Good luck forcing an air break against someone that knows what they are doing.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Ike is tall enough. lol One pummel forces an air break on Wario.

Also... Good luck grabbing Wario.

One more thing: BPx, you're a lurker.

BPx

Smash Lord
Yeah, I just leave it up all the time, I'm not refreshing it all the time, but yeah...
Need to find a better way to spend this time, maybe I'll start screwing with climbers

mainly was just waiting for vids to be posted of the tourney last weekend

DeLux

Ike is tall enough. lol One pummel forces an air break on Wario.

Also... Good luck grabbing Wario.

One more thing: BPx, you're a lurker.
Haha, I would have said that, but he's playing Ness and my Wario is bad to the point I'd get grabbed eventually I feel like. But not mashing with jump makes it very easy to ground break against shorties haha

I thought the rules is if someone grab breaks during the pummel animation + hitstun that they auto ground break. If he's tall enough, you ought to just stand there to guarantee ground break. Unless I'm mistaken. I'll double check that at some point.

Rockstar

Smash Ace
@ Lux. Good luck to you too.

@ BPOW. My laptop`s been in constant use. You have no idea haha. Ill have them up for sure. BTW your Wario`s improved seriously. Keep it up bro

DeLux

Quote, just talked with the dude. It says it's 2003 compatible. Something is wrong with your computer.

And after thinking about our little talk the other day Fino, I think I'm going to take your advice. At WGF, if the pools are like top 4 go to brackets, then I'll probably play my Wario as far as it'll carry me to work on it AND to take the mental edge off a long day of IC level focus. If it's a top 2 only scenario, then I'll have to do exlusive IC's. Unless I face a TL. Then I'll just cry.

I have a couple smashfests setup to hit while I'm out there too.

Smash Lord
Come to Wichita, Quote. Location doesn't matter to you.
K leaving now. I'll be there at about 2 in the morning. Make sure you have a setup running.

Quote, just talked with the dude. It says it's 2003 compatible. Something is wrong with your computer.
Great, that just means I'm an idiot and don't know how to work my own computer.

DeLux

Well, if you can't get it to work, I'll go ahead and show you the next time we meet up.

All it is a list of how many inputs it takes to mash out at every percent up to 300. And also a list of how many frames you have to mash if an IC main is frame ideal with his CGs. And then how many Inputs per frame you would need on average to mash out if you are frame ideal.

TLDR is stop mashing at like 45 lol (Something I've been telling everyone to do everytime you ask me how to mash an IC CG since before Kprime's method even came out)

Smash Lord
Ares my bad. We need more matches in.

Quote, yeah no doubt. Whenever your free. We can work around your schedule dude.

Holy crap how did I miss this. Anyway, are there any times that are bad for you between now and next Monday? My personal schedule is usually a bit out of wack so I'll probably be giving you a call when I leave. I'm too tired to do much serious playing today. I'll probably be out there either tomorrow or Friday depending on how things work.

Also, let me know if school gets cancelled for you tomorrow. If it does, I can get down there decently early like 10-12.

EDIT: Also keep your phone on/charged. I don't want anyone pulling a Jace on me. Two weeks in a row would suuuuuuuuck.

DeLux

I'm leaving for WGF tomorrow morning, and I don't think I'm going to bother taking my lap top with me. So good luck to all of you at No Koast.

Danny - Win all your MM's. And mash out against Roller like you mash out against me :)
Fino - Win it
The artist formerly known as MJG - Manhattan is STILL the North Side ><. But I hope you do well, unless it's against us in the possible crew battle.

If you end up doing a crew battle, win that too.

I'm not sure who else is going anymore because everyone seems to be dropping but good luck to you all as well if I missed you.

DeLux

tbh, yours is better because it doesn't take the 10+ frames it takes to switch your hand positions lol

Old school is the good school

DeLux

^ That video was just wow

I am in Orange County for two days (minus a LA/Southbay smashfest). Then SD for two. Then flying back.
I lied, I brought my laptop with me lol

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
our car is full, and even if it wasnt due to work on friday there is absolutely no way i could get more then four hours of sleep and go pick mj up, and i may as well not go to the tourney if i dont get my sleep

Top Bottom