• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kahoka Me Your Moves!---MW-W Circuit Event #3---May 1-3; Kahoka, MO

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
You know it! MMMs = full of YES!

False. My Sheik is sex. lol :laugh: What's not hot about a chick wrapped up in tight clothing?

Go MINNESOTA! lol I'm lookin forward to seeing you again Neomagic. I hope you still have a rockin Ness. That made me really happy to see.
for me mmm = MetalMusicianMan lol

ill mm you legan.

neomadgic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
neomagic249
Go MINNESOTA! lol I'm lookin forward to seeing you again Neomagic. I hope you still have a rockin Ness. That made me really happy to see.
yeah, i can't wait to see you either, since we represent the low tiers.

Btw asc. under setups, can you list me as MN since I'm only supplying one setup, but I'm pretty sure someone else riding with me will bring another setup.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Hey, guys.

TEAM MONEY MATCHES.

We're terrible players. Look at our singles placement in every past event.
It's like free money to you.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
False. My Sheik is sex. lol :laugh: What's not hot about a chick wrapped up in tight clothing?
the fact that it is a guy!

stealth wanna? team

pokemon to the rescue

also i challenge people to MM me with just ONE of my pokemon. ;D

Teh Future

Smash Master
Watch out, Legan always cp's Smashville.
Maybe if he wasn't playing a character that is horrible on all stages. We all remember what happened lat time he tried a real counterpick ...

lol well it's "mine" in the sense that i'm organizing it-- i'm the best man, not the groom. **** me ever getting married, lol.

anyway, woohoo!
You should have just done it like week earlier and been like surprise! lol

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
hmmm i'm not even sure of what pokemon i'd want to use against sheik lol. we'll see. ;D

Domo123

Smash Journeyman
team real team you guys are on. mm for u guys. squirtle vs sheik = grab release to up smash.

p.s when u guys seed give me a skill level of -10 cause i suck and legan ill mm you. but ima scrub so go easy on me alright.

Cook

Smash Master
team real team you guys are on. mm for u guys. squirtle vs sheik = grab release to up smash.

p.s when u guys seed give me a skill level of -10 cause i suck and legan ill mm you. but ima scrub so go easy on me alright.
Ok, how about we just don't even let you do pools since we know you won't make it out anyway? :laugh:

Cook

Smash Master
hmmm i'm not even sure of what pokemon i'd want to use against sheik lol. we'll see. ;D
Ivysaur gonna get gimped hard. Charizard is a big fatty, and Sheik likes to fight big fatties (I believe). Squirtle seems like your best bet to me, but I'm kinda dumb at this game.

Cook

Smash Master
Also, I'm currently working on seeding pools. If you plan to attend this thing, please check to see if I have you listed as coming in the OP. If you're not listed, let me know. Um, I guess if you aren't coming and I do have you listed then let me know! kthxbai

loltriplepost

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I can't leave St. Louis until 6pm on Friday... not sure when that puts me at arriving to Kahoka...

Nicole

Smash Champion
I'll 2 on 1 money match you two losers at rollerskating in pools. High risk, high reward!

Also, the wheels are plastic?

Nicole

Smash Champion
I like that only the Kirksville people are awake at ******** hours of the morning.

Jordan you make me cry :crying:

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Um question.... what do circuit points have to do with pools? I heard somewhere if I am one of the highest people present (in points) then I don't have to play in pools, is this correct?

Are you basing seeding on circuit points or your opinions of ability? PS what kind of seed does that tentatively leave me?

Nicole

Smash Champion
Um question.... what do circuit points have to do with pools? I heard somewhere if I am one of the highest people present (in points) then I don't have to play in pools, is this correct?

Are you basing seeding on circuit points or your opinions of ability? PS what kind of seed does that tentatively leave me?
WWWHHHHHAAAAATTTT????

Everyone has to play in pools. It's so much more fun that way. We are seeding on ability. You are the second seed (as far as my opinion goes...since my opinion is practically law and all) in your pool. Maybe the first. You'll be fine :)

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
Someone's gonna have to explain to me how pools work when we get there. I've never done them before.
I will explain.

A group of players sit in a circle, facing inward, while another player, the TO, walks around tapping or pointing to each player in turn, calling each a 'smasher' until finally picking one to be a 'scrub.' The 'scrub' then rises and chases and tries to tag the 'TO', while the 'TO' tries to return to and sit where the 'scrub' had been sitting. If the TO succeeds, the 'scrub' is now the new TO and the process begins again. If the 'scrub' succeeds in tagging the TO, the scrub may return to sit in the previous spot and the 'TO' resumes the process. With older children, such as in high school, the 'scrub' may attempt to tackle the 'TO'.

Here is a pic of how pools is set up.
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/2971/pools.jpg

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
well zash all u have u kno about pools is that they are basically used for seeding for brackets and stuff. other than that they can be used to eliminate like the ppl that do bad in pools to trim down the brackets, like only top 4 in each pool go to brackets and the other dont. well thats how i always thought pools were for the last 3 years \(^o^)/

EDIT: Bone, that was a way better explaination than my scrubby one :( i was wrong all these years man im dumb.......................

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
Well this is how we play pools here in Texas, not sure what kinda backwards *** rules you guys have.

Fino

Smash Master
****, I completely missed Hylean (I bet you search your name :$) on the skate list. Screw m2k, I'ma couple skate w/ hylian.... I heard he likes to grab things :p

Maybe I can have both....

~Fino

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Someone's gonna have to explain to me how pools work when we get there. I've never done them before.
Serious Answer:

Everyone that is entered into the tournament is separated evenly into even groups (pools), which are seeded by ability and location. Every pool does a round robin where everyone plays 2 games against everyone else in their pool. After the round robin is complete, the pool leader counts the number of wins for each player and the top number of players of each pool advance to the bracket (the number of players advancing from each pool is determined before pools begin) while the players that don't advance are eliminated. The bracket is then separated by location, then performance in pools. This means if you place first in your pool, you'll be playing someone who placed last in their pool, meaning you'll have an easier bracket; opposite if you placed low in your pool.

Does that make sense?

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
Will it be necessary to eliminate people in pools at this tourny? Cause if there is like 60 people couldnt you do a 64 man bracket and pools simply determine your place.
There won't be enough time for a 64 man bracket we should do pools for double instead.

Top Bottom