• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kahoka Me Your Moves!---MW-W Circuit Event #3---May 1-3; Kahoka, MO

Cook

Smash Master
Will it be necessary to eliminate people in pools at this tourny? Cause if there is like 60 people couldnt you do a 64 man bracket and pools simply determine your place.
There won't be enough time for a 64 man bracket we should do pools for double instead.
True.^

Seriously, though, I plan on doing 64 man bracket pretty much no matter what. I see no reason not to.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Will it be necessary to eliminate people in pools at this tourny? Cause if there is like 60 people couldnt you do a 64 man bracket and pools simply determine your place.
Yep, that's probably the best idea.

Also, I just noticed the entry fee for Doubles. I think $10 per person is too much. $5 ($10 per team) is what it should be IMO.

Fino

Smash Master
Yep, that's probably the best idea.

Also, I just noticed the entry fee for Doubles. I think $10 per person is too much. $5 ($10 per team) is what it should be IMO.
I think it's reasonable... I mean, you're shorting teams otherwise. Since the prize money is split between the 2 people. If you pay the same as singles (total), you only get half as much money for winning. Each player paying $10 means that there is an equal amount of winnings per person in a team.

~Fino

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412

I think it's reasonable... I mean, you're shorting teams otherwise. Since the prize money is split between the 2 people. If you pay the same as singles (total), you only get half as much money for winning. Each player paying $10 means that there is an equal amount of winnings per person in a team.

~Fino
No, $10 per person is still too much for teams. I don't remember the last tournament I entered that charged $20 per team other than the last tournament hosted by Kirksville.

Cook

Smash Master
I've only been to one tournament that was $10 per team. I think $20 is reasonable, it's unfair to players who concentrate on doubles more than singles (yes, those players do exist) to only give them a pot half the size as singles. So unless a LOT of people want it changed I'm not gonna change it. Only an extra $5 per person, and everyone is getting free housing already.

Scythe

Smash Master
Every Brawl tourney i've been to has charged $10 for teams. lol The pot will be so small if it's only $5!

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Hey, asc, add Holms for Kansas, please. He is going to Kahoka, and will be my doubles partner. If someone else provides a TV, Holms and I will bring our wii.

Also, I would prefer for the entry fee for doubles to be $10 per team. But in the end, you make the final decision, am I correct?

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Every Brawl tourney i've been to has charged $10 for teams. lol The pot will be so small if it's only $5!
Agreed.
How is $10 too much for doubles but good for singles? You, as a person, pay $10 and win for $6 per entrant.
The exact same payout as singles per person, because it's not a gimmick tournament.

ace156

Smash Apprentice
question, for the roller blade sign up for friday do we need to bring our own roller blades or is it a rental type deal? if its rental sign me up, if we have to bring our own im gonna have to go look around for some >_>

Cook

Smash Master
The place has roller skates to use. I'll have to check on the times that it's open when I'm in Kahoka this weekend. I didn't ACTUALLY think people would be interested in going! ;)

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
$10 dollars is a reasonable price per person for doubles. WHOBO was originally going to charge that much but they loweredit to try and attract a bigger turnout. The 10 dollars would help strengthen the doubles pot some though and make it more worth playing since I'm going to win anyway :p

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Ya know by having roller skating the night before, someone will fall and break a wrist disabling them from playing the next day.... and that would most likely be me if I planned on roller skating....

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
lol I believe Missouri joked that they stole something that was missing from FBT6 and Norm, in his infintie wisdom, took them seriously.

The truth is I stole it.

neomadgic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
neomagic249
lol I believe Missouri joked that they stole something that was missing from FBT6 and Norm, in his infintie wisdom, took them seriously.

The truth is I stole it.

not going anymore cuz we have a stealer on our hands.

Just kidding! I know you didn't go to FBT6 :)

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
I'm gonna steal EVERYTHING when people are sleeping and shove it all in Razor's van. And then steal THE VAN. And just for ****s and giggles, I'll steal someone else's license plates and put them on the van.

Unless you all let me win. Then your possessions will be spared.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Can we get a rule added?

In the event the timer runs out on Smashville, sudden death will not be played out, stocks will not be taken into a account, and percentage does not matter.
The player who popped the most balloons wins.

Cook

Smash Master
Can we get a rule added?

In the event the timer runs out on Smashville, sudden death will not be played out, stocks will not be taken into a account, and percentage does not matter.
The player who popped the most balloons wins.
Um, if you can get enough people to support it I guess?

Nicole

Smash Champion
Yeah! Because the balloons are worth points! In fact, how about every time someone just yells out "POINTS!" it counts as popping a balloon?

Top Bottom