• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kahoka Me Your Moves!---MW-W Circuit Event #3---May 1-3; Kahoka, MO

Teh Future

Smash Master
Future I want a mario ditto mm. And I was excited about a mario main but I now question your validity as a Mario player when you said Dedede "isn't that bad of a match-up." If that is code for the worst then I accept your argument. You realize one grab and your stock is gone right? And Mario already has a huge issue with being shield grabbed with everything he does and can be edge gimped incredibly easily against D3.
-don't main mario

-Isn't an infinite.

-cape >> shield grabs

idk I haven't played it much, I was just thinking that Mario can gimp D3 and combo him, so it should be winnable.

And yeah, Mario dittos are 1337.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
-don't main mario

-Isn't an infinite.

-cape >> shield grabs

idk I haven't played it much, I was just thinking that Mario can gimp D3 and combo him, so it should be winnable.

And yeah, Mario dittos are 1337.
Play my DDD. It'll change your mind.

Teh Future

Smash Master
I dont think it will change my mind, even though you would probably beat me pretty easily because Ive never played the matchup.

gantrain05

Smash Master
ok first time logging into smashboards in like 2 weeks, the only thing i see is i don't really understand the logic behind making port town legal but banning corneria? i understand wall infinites but you don't have to go down there, the ships really aren't much of a hazard since they do really zero knockback but idc bout stages anyway, thats what practice is for, if you play on the stages like 3 times you know them well enough to avoid ******** hazards/infinites.

also, if there is not a single other peach player at this tournament im going to be very very dissapointed.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Yeh my D3 could change your mind to future. Been down that road with mario though. Not a match-up I would ever even remotely recommend. Other than fireballs and reversed up-airs everything mario does puts him at risk of being shield-grabbed.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
ok first time logging into smashboards in like 2 weeks, the only thing i see is i don't really understand the logic behind making port town legal but banning corneria? i understand wall infinites but you don't have to go down there
you have to go down there if you are behind in percent...

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Other than Corneria (which, honestly, we'd probably be fine to just allow anyway), the currently posted stage list fits within the SBR-B's new stage list recommendations. There's no need for radical changes since this tournament's stage list is not radical. I'm especially unclear of the criticism that "Distant Planet isn't even a stage". It seems to be on my copy of the game, and it even seems to be under the counterpick/banned section of the SBR-B stage list. I'm pretty sure it's a pretty fair stage too. I think most of us agree that 7 stage striking is pretty awesome as well so just removing Lylat Cruise and Halberd isn't really an option; they'd need replacements.

gantrain05

Smash Master
you have to go down there if you are behind in percent...
i find it better to go down there while ahead in percent and make your opponent come into the **** if he wants the lead =P

i think i actually tried this on you in kansas and your stupid squirtle Ftilt locked me lolz

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i think i actually tried this on you in kansas and your stupid squirtle Ftilt locked me lolz
(i think i did it twice because i'm douche like that)

if you can't take the heat

have squirtle cool you off with its water gun

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
But srsly Affinity, I guess I wanna play your DDD sometime there. I've never played a good DDD before, so I'm curious. That cool?
Yeah, that's cool. I have almost no experience in the Sheik-DDD match-up either; I'm curious as well.

Cook

Smash Master
So, the amendments I made to Affinity's list, does that make for an agreeable list?

Also, someone mentioned having a bonus for first. I thhink that's a good idea. The venue only cost $135, so whatever money is left from the venue fee after paying off the venue will be a bonus for first place. Should be around $150 if 60 people come, I think, and it seems like at least that many will be there. Hopefully this will get even more people interested in coming!

Nicole

Smash Champion
So, the amendments I made to Affinity's list, does that make for an agreeable list?
Where are the amendments?

Put 'em on the first page of the tournament maybe? That way if any more people check this tournament out they'll have our most recent list AND we won't get people coming in and telling us how gay our stagelist is ;)

Cook

Smash Master
Where are the amendments?

Put 'em on the first page of the tournament maybe? That way if any more people check this tournament out they'll have our most recent list AND we won't get people coming in and telling us how gay our stagelist is ;)
Good one.

So, guys, who else wants to bring a setup? We like those!

Setups, please!

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I wish someone would give a real reason to ban Distant Planet. Seriously, why?

The only changes appear to have been removing Distant Planet and Corneria.

Cook

Smash Master
I wish someone would give a real reason to ban Distant Planet. Seriously, why?

The only changes appear to have been removing Distant Planet and Corneria.
DDD's chaingrab is the only reason I know of. Maybe that isn't a very good reason, though? Because I was thinking about putting Distant planet back on as well...

Um, guys, I have a problem. I want to put something about the bonus in the title, but I'm a big dumb and can't remember how to edit thread titles. Help!

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
ugh you big dumb

you have to go to full edit mode (none of that quick edit bs)

and then type it into the title for your post, above the body of the post

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Looks good.

All you did was add Luigi's Mansion, right? (considering I accidentally forgot Castle Siege on my original list)

lain

Smash Master
If a DDD can't cg, then you dthrow tech chase. Or you bthrow them for 16% gg's.

Or you bair proportionately more.

gantrain05

Smash Master
zash, we have to play some friendlies at kahoka, even tho we both live in iowa, we are never at jokers at the same time and i never get to play any shieks, on a side note, my peach is way hotter than your shiek.

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
indeed mmm. that is some nice negotiating.
You know it! MMMs = full of YES!

zash, we have to play some friendlies at kahoka, even tho we both live in iowa, we are never at jokers at the same time and i never get to play any shieks, on a side note, my peach is way hotter than your shiek.
False. My Sheik is sex. lol :laugh: What's not hot about a chick wrapped up in tight clothing?

Minnesota should be bringing 1-2 full setups
Go MINNESOTA! lol I'm lookin forward to seeing you again Neomagic. I hope you still have a rockin Ness. That made me really happy to see.

Cook

Smash Master
ugh you big dumb

you have to go to full edit mode (none of that quick edit bs)

and then type it into the title for your post, above the body of the post
Oh, I see. Too bad the title is already too long, so I can't add that info. Oh well...

woohoo! i can come to this again! i rearranged my bachelor party, hooray!
Good to hear.

I should probably start looking at what the seeding will be like for this so we aren't doing it last minute.
Yeah, I'm gonna start looking into that. I'm thinking maybe I'll make a tentative pool list and send it to you and you can see what you think. Or if you make one first you can send it to me, either way. By the way, can you bring your laptop so we'll have a computer for the bracket? All I have is a desktop.

Top Bottom