• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kahoka Me Your Moves!---MW-W Circuit Event #3---May 1-3; Kahoka, MO

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
As far as the crew business goes, I say we figure it out when we get there. I think 10 people is def too many, though, because it will be hard for other states to get that many people to come. I say somewhere from 6 to 8, because it would be cool if every state that comes could get a crew together.
If a crew bracket idea is still floating around, I'd say 6 people is a good number.

EDIT: Speaking of crews, I don't think any states should combine for battles.

Rep your state. Simple as that.

lain

Smash Master
Just wanting to let you know that I will be scrutinizing the results at this next circuit event for brawl crews. :]

Also, your stage list is ****ing ********.

Neutral Stages:
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Island
- Pokemon Stadium 1
- Smashville

Counterpicks:
-Lylat
-Delfino Plaza
-Norfair
-Frigate Orpheon
-Castle Siege
-PictoChat
-Jungle Japes
-Corneria
-Rainbow Cruise
-Green Greens
-Brinstar
-Halberd

I think that should be the actual stage list. Reasons:

- You had Halberd on neutral. Are you ****ing crazy?
- Lylat on neutral. Are you ****ing crazy?
- Luigi's Mansion has been a nuisance in cp'ing since brawl came out. Get with the program and ban that.
- Pirate Ship is nothing but stupid. You know this.
- PS2 interferes far too much. Some characters (I won't name names) have an insane advantage on this stage. Almost as gay as MK on Luigi's.
- Distant Planet isn't even a stage.
- I'd suggest banning Green Greens, but there's aren't exactly many DDD's in the area.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i hate bad stage lists

lylat and ps1 are interchangeable and don't really matter imo, it is almost always striked by one player or the other

but whatever, it doesn't really matter. because we'll have all of these stages, and half of them won't ever be used anyway. :dizzy:

Teh Future

Smash Master
If I can't use Mr. Game & Watch, can I use King Dedede?
Im not sure if you are talking to me but Im going to assume you are. D3's really gay, but the matchup isn't that bad. so ya.

Also, your stage list is ****ing ********..
lol.

I think Corneria and Green Greens legal is worse than having Mansion legal. You can ban one stage against metaknight/olimar, you can't ban two against Gay&watch and theres like a million game&watch players in the midwest.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
This thread is a crack dream.

And Luigi's is stupid. Lain's stagelist ftw. And Lain's not coming to this. He's going to be using the results from this and the upcoming MWC-E event to determine who will be making it onto the Genesis MW regional crew afaik.

LouBega

Smash Journeyman
Just wanting to let you know that I will be scrutinizing the results at this next circuit event for brawl crews. :]

Neutral Stages:
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Island
- Pokemon Stadium 1
- Smashville

Counterpicks:
-Lylat
-Delfino Plaza
-Norfair
-Frigate Orpheon
-Castle Siege
-PictoChat
-Jungle Japes
-Corneria
-Rainbow Cruise
-Green Greens
-Brinstar
-Halberd

- Luigi's Mansion has been a nuisance in cp'ing since brawl came out. Get with the program and ban that.
- PS2 interferes far too much. Some characters (I won't name names) have an insane advantage on this stage. Almost as gay as MK on Luigi's.
- I'd suggest banning Green Greens, but there's aren't exactly many DDD's in the area.
really i don't care if any of the cps you suggested get banned, but i like having 7 starters to strike from. also, stage list is entirely asc, so it's his decision.

lain

Smash Master
I just want this thing run right. A ****ed up stage list can lead to ****ed up results.

Also, I'd only come to this if there were a bonus for first place ;D

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412

Neutral Stages:
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Island
- Pokemon Stadium 1
- Smashville

Counterpicks:
-Lylat
-Delfino Plaza
-Norfair
-Frigate Orpheon
-Castle Siege
-PictoChat
-Jungle Japes
-Corneria
-Rainbow Cruise
-Green Greens
-Brinstar
-Halberd

I agree 100%.

man if anther, ninjalink, and mew2king is going i need money fast!
lol

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Future I want a mario ditto mm. And I was excited about a mario main but I now question your validity as a Mario player when you said Dedede "isn't that bad of a match-up." If that is code for the worst then I accept your argument. You realize one grab and your stock is gone right? And Mario already has a huge issue with being shield grabbed with everything he does and can be edge gimped incredibly easily against D3.

Cook we had thought about having a bonus no? Instead of pizza if lain and other "pros" would come with a bonus maybe we should do that. But I am opposed to lain's stage, I like variety and for the bagillionth time they are called "counter picks" for a reason and ban the stage you don't want to play.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
But I am opposed to lain's stage, I like variety and for the bagillionth time they are called "counter picks" for a reason and ban the stage you don't want to play.
If a counterpick gives one character too heavy of an advantage or has too many hazards, it should be banned. A player shouldn't have to be forced to auto-ban a stage because of one of these reasons. It can change the entire outcome of a set.

Considering everyone gets one ban as usual, Lain's stage list is the best one to use.

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
Yes but they are called cp for the reason of giving your character the biggest advantage as possible. And cp is a heavy factor in this game. By taking away too many stages you are taking away what little advantages that alot of characters have.

Fino

Smash Master
Affinity... you're arguing with scrubs who need things like wall infinite to beat semi-good people, or stages without ledges to literally be able to throw a character off stage to kill them.

~Fino

Anther

Smash Champion
I don't know how PS2 is less acceptable than Japes, Corneria, and Green Grenns.
I think those 3 are way worse than something like Luigi's or ps2.

The neutrals(starters -_-) are fine the way they are, because at least with 7 you can't get pigeonholed right away by the person with first pick. You can always get Ps2, smashville or FD for instance, with 5 the person that goes first has an advantage imo.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Iowa needs to travel to more OoS tournaments :/

Lain's stage list is, by far, the best to use (maybe with 2 more neutrals for stage striking). I'll leave it as that.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Agree to disagree. I like variety. I get bored when I play on the same 3 stages all of the time.

Whatevs people like different things, and I realize that. All in all it will be asc's choice. And when Iowa has it's MW circuit there will probably be a lot of complaints but we will be playing with a lot of stages since we have unanimous domestic support for a lot of stages.

Anther are you coming to this? I thought your name on the ice skating list was on par with M2k being on there.

LouBega

Smash Journeyman
sbr stagelist:

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Starter/Counter
Castle Siege
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counter
Brinstar
Delfino (moved from S/C)
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Counter/Banned
Distant Planet (moved from C)
Green Greens
Luigi's Mansion (moved from C)
Port Town Aero Dive
Yoshi's Island (Pipes) (moved from C)
Norfair (moved from C)

Banned
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Corneria (moved from C)
Flat Zone 2
Green Hill Zone (moved from C)
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
Mario Bros.
Mario Circuit (moved from C/B)
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Onett (moved from C/B)
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Skyworld (moved from C/B)
Spear Pillar
The Summit
Wario Ware

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
SBR Brawl Rule-Set 2.0 just came out. How convinient:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7186431

The best idea would be to make this tournament's stage list SBR Certifiable. Here's my proposal:

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Pokémon Stadium 1
Halberd
Lylat Cruise

Counter
Brinstar
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Norfair
Green Greens

NOTE: There are a few stages that I don't support that are on here solely because they are 100% allowed as a counterpick by the SBR.

What do you think ASC?

EDIT: Wow, double-ninja'd

Domo123

Smash Journeyman
for all who didnt know i won this event already. it was a side event at whobo please send me all your entry fees asap please and thank u.

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
Affinity... you're arguing with scrubs who need things like wall infinite to beat semi-good people, or stages without ledges to literally be able to throw a character off stage to kill them.

~Fino
You are exactly right, good for you. You must be really really good to be able to define our ability through a mere post. Keep up the good work.

Nicole

Smash Champion
I like Lain's list.

Also, I wish the SBR hadn't banned Corneria...sad day for me. But that's why we should use Lain's list!

LouBega

Smash Journeyman
i say we just go with the sbr's list, so that we're legit. don't really care about what from cp/banned gets used but i do want razor to come, so we should try and put as much on as possible.

Cook

Smash Master
SBR Brawl Rule-Set 2.0 just came out. How convinient:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7186431

The best idea would be to make this tournament's stage list SBR Certifiable. Here's my proposal:

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Pokémon Stadium 1
Halberd
Lylat Cruise

Counter
Brinstar
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Norfair
Green Greens

NOTE: There are a few stages that I don't support that are on here solely because they are 100% allowed as a counterpick by the SBR.

What do you think ASC?
For the most part I think this is pretty acceptable. You forgot to put Castle Siege in the CP list. I do think Luigi's should also be CP. Other than that I would be fine with that stage list. Anyone have any problems with that?

for all who didnt know i won this event already. it was a side event at whobo please send me all your entry fees asap please and thank u.
True...

In all seriousness if that is the stage list we will play by I won't come.
That IS a silly reason not to come. Which stage list are we talking about, anyway? I know that you like lots of stages, and so do I, but it is important to cater to the maximum amount of people so that we get the highest attendance possible. If Castle Siege and Luigi's are added to Affinity's list then the only thing different between it and my current list is, what Distant Planet and Corneria? Since Corneria is officially banned now I do think it is best for me to ban it, as much as I do like it. But since this is a regional tournament we've gotta be as legit as possible.

LouBega

Smash Journeyman
there is really no reason not to have distant planet, imo. port town and pipes were already taken off of our list because the majority didn't want them, so the list wouldn't be much different then the one we already have.

Nicole

Smash Champion
there is really no reason not to have distant planet, imo. port town and pipes were already taken off of our list because the majority didn't want them, so the list wouldn't be much different then the one we already have.
I think DDD can chaingrab off the edge on Distant Planet like he can on Pipes. But I don't know for sure, as you know I have tons of DDD practice :(

LouBega

Smash Journeyman
he can. but you don't have to go over there.

also: kit and i had an epic wario vs ddd match on pipes last night. closest game ever.
ps: i won with 218% on my last stock.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
We should definitely put Port Town back in now that's optional!
Just practice on it for one day and you'll have all the nuances down. Learn the stage and there's no way it can hurt you (unless your opponent knows it better).

Starter:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counter:
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens
Port Town Aero Dive
Norfair

No Mansion, no Planet, no Pipes. Those seem to be the major complaints.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I actually have a real problem with Green Greens and Port Town being on their list but somehow Corneria is not, a stage used in many melee tournaments despite 0-death combos off the top being common for some chars.

Anyway in the end the Circuit stage list is my decision and I'll update the recommended ruleset for the circuit really soon.

Nicole

Smash Champion
Inferno is a smart guy with fairly good opinions about some things, like stages.

I don't agree with Port Town being a counterpick...sorry Kit. I know you hate me already, so I'm sure there's nothing I can say or do to make you hate me less. :crying:

Top Bottom