• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kadano's controller mods (consistent shield drops, hybrid gate &more) (list with details and prices)

Kadano

Magical Express
I added all new orders to the list in the OP, and also ordered a bunch of Smash Whites and JP whites. I’ll contact all of you via PM / Twitter direct message as soon as I can start on your controllers.

MewtwoForce

Smash Cadet
These controllers are clearly cheating. No two ways about it. If these don't become banned from tournaments then that's going to be a real issue.

Last edited:

Liam_Butler

Smash Apprentice
A2a All octants A3 A5 A7 A8b B2b (left trigger) B4 (left trigger) C-Smash White D2A E1 (Note: This will be primarily used for Ice Climbers, so if that changes any of the mods, or there's something IC exclusive I missed, please let me know)

clowsui

Smash Legend
A0, A2b (ESE,WSW), A3, A4F, B2bL, B5, B6, C=SBlack, D2, E2

i'd like two of these. I'll pay for one at a time, more than likely.

Last edited:

Suidt

Smash Rookie
Hello Kadano Kadano , let me know if the format is wrong.

A0, A2B (ESE,WSW) A3, B5, B6, C=Smash Black, D2b, E2

Last edited:

Twinkles

Smash Lord
A0, A2a (ENE, WNW, NNE, NNW), 2b (ESE, WSW, SSE, SSW), A3, B4LR, C=Smash white, E1

I tried out Koopa's controller and it was amazing, so I'd love to get one of these as soon as possible!

Last edited:

Kadano

Magical Express
I entered all orders since my last post into the OP. I will contact each of you by PM when your controller is due.

(If I forgot about your controller, please tell me about it, I definitely didn’t do so on purpose. I just get a lot of orders on different ways and some are incomplete / not in the required format.)

Last edited:

Boone

Smash Rookie
A0, A2a (ENE,WNW,NNE,NNW) 2b (ESE,WSW,SSE,SSW), A3, B2aL, B4L, B5A70B70Y70L70, B6L70, C=JP White, D2b, E2

I'd also like to pay ASAP (prior to Dec. 1st would be ideal), so if you could PM me your PayPal info within the next couple of days I'd greatly appreciate it.

Last edited:

Kadano

Magical Express
A0, A2a (ENE,WNW,NNE,NNW) 2b (ESE,WSW,SSE,SSW), A3, B2aL, B4L, B5A70B70Y70L70, B6L70, C=JP White, D2b, E2

I'd also like to pay ASAP (prior to Dec. 1st would be ideal), so if you could PM me your PayPal info within the next couple of days I'd greatly appreciate it.
There are 19 requests for JP whites currently that are before you in the list. If you want to, you can pay earlier, but it will still take up to two months until I receive the controller for you. I don’t want to keep people waiting for long after they send me their money, so I usually ask for the money as soon as I received the corresponding the controller.

Do you still want to pay soon? I’ve added your order to the list in any case.

Boone

Smash Rookie
There are 19 requests for JP whites currently that are before you in the list. If you want to, you can pay earlier, but it will still take up to two months until I receive the controller for you. I don’t want to keep people waiting for long after they send me their money, so I usually ask for the money as soon as I received the corresponding the controller.

Do you still want to pay soon? I’ve added your order to the list in any case.
Yeah I understand and that's perfectly fine with me. I'm in no rush haha. I'd still like to pay soon. Also I made 2 edits to my order (added D2b and fixed A2a (ENE,WNW,NNE,NNW))

Kadano

Magical Express
Hey Kadano, can I pay you for my contoller now?
You can, but you are number 6 in line for JP whites. So it might take up to three weeks from the moment you send me the money until I can ship your controller. If that’s fine with you, just send me a PM with your PayPal email address.

Yeah I understand and that's perfectly fine with me. I'm in no rush haha. I'd still like to pay soon. Also I made 2 edits to my order (added D2b and fixed A2a (ENE,WNW,NNE,NNW))
Alright, added the change to the list. Send me your PayPal email address please, so I can send you the invoice.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Changed order to C=Smash black. Unfortunately paycheck is coming in later so I'll pay for priority/the actual invoice at that point in time...

Last edited:

Kadano

Magical Express
Changed order to C=Smash black. Unfortunately paycheck is coming in later so I'll pay for priority/the actual invoice at that point in time...
Will you still prefer them as separate shipments or both together (less shipping cost, but you might have to pay taxes – not sure how high the threshold is for USA imports)?

AZ Neon

Smash Rookie
Hey, just wondering if I should pay/ when my order was going to be started. (Not to rush, just because I'm unsure of my place in line.) I also wanted to change my order to:
A0 A2A(ENE, WNW, NNE, NNW) A2B(ESE, WSW, SSE, SSW) A3 B4(L,R) B5(L) B7(Y) C=JP White E1

Kadano

Magical Express
Hey, just wondering if I should pay/ when my order was going to be started. (Not to rush, just because I'm unsure of my place in line.) I also wanted to change my order to:
A0 A2A(ENE, WNW, NNE, NNW) A2B(ESE, WSW, SSE, SSW) A3 B4(L,R) B5(L) B7(Y) C=JP White E1
There are 5 people in line for JP whites before you. I should receive your controller in about two weeks. I’ll tell you when I can start with it and send you the PayPal invoice.

Gene Parmesan

Smash Rookie
A0, A2 (ENE,WSW), A3, B5L60, C= JP white, E1
(not sure if I did this right.. hope i did)

Last edited:

Kadano

Magical Express
A0, A2 (ENE,WSW), A3, B5L60, C= JP white, E1
(not sure if I did this right.. hope i did)
A2 (ENE, WSW) would give you hybrid notches slightly above fully right (East / ENE) and below fully left (West / WSW). But not slightly above fully left (WNW) and below fully right (ESE).
In other words, it would be asymmetrical. You would get consistent max length wavedashes on the left side, but not on the right side.

I’ve taken your order into the list for now; if you want it differently (which I suspect), just tell me your new order.

Gene Parmesan

Smash Rookie
A2 (ENE, WSW) would give you hybrid notches slightly above fully right (East / ENE) and below fully left (West / WSW). But not slightly above fully left (WNW) and below fully right (ESE).
In other words, it would be asymmetrical. You would get consistent max length wavedashes on the left side, but not on the right side.

I’ve taken your order into the list for now; if you want it differently (which I suspect), just tell me your new order.
Ah mb, meant ESE

vinceprinceking

Smash Rookie
A3, B4(LR), B5LR70, B6LR70 C=JP White, E7 (to germany)
And can pay you with Paypal or per Banktransfer whatever you prefer, as there should be no fees between Ausria-Germany.

GhettoTastic

Smash Rookie
Hey Kadano, I would like to order a controller with express shipping (if still offering that as an option):

I would like one of your personal controllers (non-Sm4sh controller PLEASE!) with the following modifications:
A0
A3
A4D
A4F
B4 (both triggers)
I also would like either A1 or A2a. I would like your personal opinion on what you think could be beneficial specifically for me..
I have been using a Sm4sh controller lately and I have been having a huge personal problem with not being able to dash back from neutral animation consistently without having to smash my turns irregularly hard, which is interfering with my chaingrabs and mixing up my movement.
Also want to be able to shield drop w/ the controller.

I especially would like the notches for pivot dtilting and pivot ftilting, as well as the usual pivot fsmash. (with Marth)

I am very interested in getting express shipping, but can settle for priority shipping if you aren't still doing express shipping.
I am looking to pay for and receive the controller ASAP, so I am definitely willing to pay extra for whatever priority I can receive.
Let me know, thanks!!

Last edited:

Kadano

Magical Express
Hey Kadano, I would like to order a controller with express shipping (if still offering that as an option):

I would like one of your personal controllers (non-Sm4sh controller PLEASE!) with the following modifications:
A0
A3
A4D
A4F
B4 (both triggers)
I also would like either A1 or A2a. I would like your personal opinion on what you think could be beneficial specifically for me..
I have been using a Sm4sh controller lately and I have been having a huge personal problem with not being able to dash back from neutral animation consistently without having to smash my turns irregularly hard, which is interfering with my chaingrabs and mixing up my movement.
Also want to be able to shield drop w/ the controller.

I especially would like the notches for pivot dtilting and pivot ftilting, as well as the usual pivot fsmash. (with Marth)

I am very interested in getting express shipping, but can settle for priority shipping if you aren't still doing express shipping.
I am looking to pay for and receive the controller ASAP, so I am definitely willing to pay extra for whatever priority I can receive.
Let me know, thanks!!
In my measurements so far, the JP whites haven’t been significantly better at back dashing than Smash 4 controllers. The one stickbox I described in the article was a T3B one, which you get with Smash 4 controllers and A0 too. However, ever since I disassembled it the first time, it never had the same good back dash rate again it had initially. I wasn’t able yet to understand what part caused that in the first place.

I will soon look into smash turn rates for different stickboxes (type 1 and 2 mostly) and publish my findings. But as I implied in the MIOM post, I don’t think there are any stickboxes that always smash turn, especially for slow-ish inputs.

I’ll leave the controller and stickbox choice up to you. I’ll add your order to the list for now.

For Marth, I recommend going for A2(S), which is +24€ and gives you notches for pivot dtilt too. (No separate A4D necessary.) [S = WSW+SSW+SSE+ESE]
If you play characters with fully directional recoveries, you might prefer a full A2 mod though.

Last edited:

GhettoTastic

Smash Rookie
In my measurements so far, the JP whites haven’t been significantly better at back dashing than Smash 4 controllers. The one stickbox I described in the article was a T3B one, which you get with Smash 4 controllers and A0 too. However, ever since I disassembled it the first time, it never had the same good back dash rate again it had initially. I wasn’t able yet to understand what part caused that in the first place.

I will soon look into smash turn rates for different stickboxes (type 1 and 2 mostly) and publish my findings. But as I implied in the MIOM post, I don’t think there are any stickboxes that always smash turn, especially for slow-ish inputs.

I’ll leave the controller and stickbox choice up to you. I’ll add your order to the list for now.

For Marth, I recommend going for A2(S), which is +24€ and gives you notches for pivot dtilt too. (No separate A4D necessary.) [S = WSW+SSW+SSE+ESE]
If you play characters with fully directional recoveries, you might prefer a full A2 mod though.
Thanks for the insight. I don't play any other characters so I will take your recommendation and go for A2(S), may be more useful if I don't need A4D.

I definitely don't expect to see a radical change when dashing back with one of your modified controllers, but I definitely recognize that my other original controllers don't have as much as a noticeable issue with dashing back as my Sm4sh controller does, so anything, even if it is all in my head, will work for me.

With that being said, I am very comfortable with getting either a JP white controller or one of your older controllers from your personal collection.
I am really unable to make the decision which one I would be more comfortable to play with, so if you're cool with making that decision for me based on how comfortable you are with the controller, I am okay with that.

How may I get in touch with you to make my payment via PayPal? I would like to pay as soon as possible if that is able to happen.
Thanks again!

Last edited:

Kadano

Magical Express
Thanks for the insight. I don't play any other characters so I will take your recommendation and go for A2(S), may be more useful if I don't need A4D.

I definitely don't expect to see a radical change when dashing back with one of your modified controllers, but I definitely recognize that my other original controllers don't have as much as a noticeable issue with dashing back as my Sm4sh controller does, so anything, even if it is all in my head, will work for me.

With that being said, I am very comfortable with getting either a JP white controller or one of your older controllers from your personal collection.
I am really unable to make the decision which one I would be more comfortable to play with, so if you're cool with making that decision for me based on how comfortable you are with the controller, I am okay with that.

How may I get in touch with you to make my payment via PayPal? I would like to pay as soon as possible if that is able to happen.
Thanks again!
Okay, you’ll get either a JP white or a non-Smash4 used one, then.

You can send me a PM with your PayPal email address and I’ll send you the invoice when your controller is one of the next I’ll work on. With the current order list and the limited supply for JP whites at a low price, that’ll take up to two months, unfortunately.

D

Deleted member

Would trimming down the X button make short hops easier? I have issues with short hopping.

Kadano

Magical Express
Would trimming down the X button make short hops easier? I have issues with short hopping.
If you do sliding inputs (press the X button on its edge and then slide your thumb downwards), it might.

I have an idea for exchanging the rubber plates with switches that should allow for easier short hops, but it’ll take a couple of weeks until I’m done testing. (And I’m not even sure if it’ll really be an improvement over vanilla, and with the expected amount of work, I’d ask 30€ or more for this mod.)

Kadano

Magical Express
I remember some time ago that the solo dash notch for ICs was once a moonwalk notch, am I remembering wrong or was that once a thing?
Yes, that’s true. Moonwalk notches didn‘t really provide any benefit. Opting for A2 and A3 gives a similar / superior layout anyway. So I removed that option.

Viridis

Smash Rookie
A4F. [+10€] Pivot ftilt notches: When this is elected, hybrid gate mod has to be reduced / altered somewhat. I will add in notches that allow for quick targeting to trigger a forward tilt out of smash turn and are as close to the shield drop range as possible. In other words, the shield drop notches will be expanded a bit to also function as pivot ftilt notches.
So by reducing/altering the hybrid gate mod and expanding the shield drop notches, would applying A4F harm the overall efficiency of either A2 and/or A3?

Kadano

Magical Express
So by reducing/altering the hybrid gate mod and expanding the shield drop notches, would applying A4F harm the overall efficiency of either A2 and/or A3?
No. Adding A4F will make A3 shield drops require a more distinct way of pressing the stick, but you can get the hang of that within one hour of practicing or less. (It took me 5 minutes until I got 100% consistent A3 shield drops on a controller with A4F, although admittedly it was easier for me because I know more about the inner workings of the controller than most.)

There is no impacting towards A2 at all. The reducing is just that I will always do A2b (instead of A2a) on WSW and ESE when A4F is elected. (A2a is too deeply rounded, so the shield drop and pivot ftilt notches wouldn’t be distinct enough for tactile feedback.)

Last edited:

FirePhoenix55

Smash Rookie
(A3, B2bR, B5RABXZ, B6R, C=any (weak control stick spring that’s sensitive downward)) Thanks

tonic

Smash Cadet
A2b (Only notches in Southern half of gate)
A3
B2b (L)
B4 (LR)
B5 (LR)
B6 (LR, 70)
C = Used (Only if JP White), otherwise Smash Black
E2 (Priority Shipping)

If you can find a suitable used JP White controller, I'd much rather you start on that controller rather than wait for a new Smash Black one! Thanks so much Kadano.

Top Bottom