• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kadaj's ask me anything thread.

Dopl-G

Smash Apprentice
Anaky Says:

This is like the new Marth Q&A thread.

Anyway i wanna know how u guys platform drop, if you do. I use C-Stick Down + Sheild + Analog Down. Are there any other ways? That way seems really hard.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
I think when mister R dashes he tends to dash BACK and then forward (I presume so he can shield and not get hit)

amirite?

and....Craidaj why haven't you beaten m2k yet

Player-3

Smash Hero
vs diddy on sv just camp the ledges because if you do get nanaed you get pushed to the ledge and diddy can't follow up, then when the plat form comes by you can use it to escape

at kill %s i mean otherwise its just normal diddy stuff

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Mmm you have a FAIR point (hurr),
in terms of how you can use fair with marth's mobility: vertical and horizontal spacing
however Dancing Blade has -a lot- of options. I've been thinking about it a lot, wanted to maybe make a definitive guide on just about anything and everything dancing blade can do.

The fact that you can use db1 in the air and it has more range than fair,
plus you can b-reverse it to give you instant (but small, which is pretty good for meticulous use) push back.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
DB is overrated in terms of anything except for punishing. You can talk about its flexibility, I'll talk about how all of it should be considered gimmicks and substitutable with more powerful and reliable options.

Best punisher in-game though.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
people are starting to consistently DI out of it more and more >:[ idk i dont think its THAT great

its a very versatile move with a lot of utility, and with proper mindgames it sets up a LOT of stuff but i dont think its marth bread and butter

marth can function with just

fair
dtilt
fsmash
grab
upB

remove any of these for DB (even upB and assume marth could recover w/ the same efficiency) then he wouldnt beas good imo. tbh i would add uair before DB its more essential for juggles

edit: i kinda want to replace fsmash w/ uair but w/e point is made

zer0.

Smash Apprentice
people are starting to consistently DI out of it more and more >:[ idk i dont think its THAT great

its a very versatile move with a lot of utility, and with proper mindgames it sets up a LOT of stuff but i dont think its marth bread and butter

marth can function with just

fair
dtilt
fsmash
grab
upB

remove any of these for DB (even upB and assume marth could recover w/ the same efficiency) then he wouldnt beas good imo. tbh i would add uair before DB its more essential for juggles

edit: i kinda want to replace fsmash w/ uair but w/e point is made
DB over dtilt all day. Dtilt is good, but DB is awesome. :awesome:

Player-3

Smash Hero
orion the only people i see consistently DIing out of it (and i mean the variations meant to pull people back in lol people di out of reds all the time thats why you do blue 2 3 red 4) are lucario mains because lucarios physics are homooo

i don't use much dtilt anymore with my marth because all i do is play vs a diddy as a training partner so if i dtilt i get ***** x_x

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
Are there any special preparations you make for a tournament?

Whether it be practice, mindset, food, girls, shower, gas, wii, controller, sabotage, cheating, shoes, and pants?

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
How do you obtain and keep the right mindset?

When I play I always start to rage and I'd probably get DQ'd for how bad it gets. What do I do to fix that? (Yes its really that bad, my rage is easily provoked when it comes to brawl).

Orion*

Smash Researcher
orion the only people i see consistently DIing out of it (and i mean the variations meant to pull people back in lol people di out of reds all the time thats why you do blue 2 3 red 4) are lucario mains because lucarios physics are homooo

i don't use much dtilt anymore with my marth because all i do is play vs a diddy as a training partner so if i dtilt i get ***** x_x
its not that common but im saying as we get better it will happen more and more :p

also, what variations?

O_o

Top Bottom