• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I remember when I thought, post e3, I'd be off these forums and with the game, soon

M&Mavocado

Smash Cadet
Can't decide whether I want the 'leak' to be true... Do I want K. Rool or Mewtwo more?

Definitely K. Rool!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Can't decide whether I want the 'leak' to be true... Do I want K. Rool or Mewtwo more?

Definitely K. Rool!
Um, how about both? Frankly, I think both have a good chance of being playable. :p

So can we throw away that leak talk about better things?
There's still the Falco leak, which was one day left to be debunked.

That said, we have not seen any Star Fox, Kirby, or DK stages yet. Wanna bet those stages are where we have stage bosses on them?

And no, I don't think that K. Rool will be one of them. If anything the DK stage boss would be Tiki Tong. (For Star Fox and Kirby, I predict N64 Andross for Star Fox and Wispy Woods for Kirby.)

Who thought that was true? It was some random guy posting a single line of text and nothing to back them up on Reddit of all places.
Just about ANYTHING could've proved that true. I don't think the guy was being serious, anyway, it wasn't a leak of any sort. Basically, when one of us randomly pops up and says "YEAH LET'S GET A CHARACTER REVEAL TOMORROW!"

It was just one of those things. Like, we're expecting a reveal because its been a while since the last major event and last major reveal and most of the time new veteran characters have been announced on Thursdays, with Fridays happening a couple of times.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
We're expecting a reveal because its been a while since the last major event and last major reveal and most of the time new veteran characters have been announced on Thursdays, with Fridays happening a couple of times.
It's been two weeks since three characters were announced.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It's been two weeks since three characters were announced.
It was figurative. I was just explaining "yeah, its kinda like this, where someone's like 'REVEAL TOMORROW'" due to it being a little while since a reveal. In this case, two weeks.

We could get a veteran reveal either this week or next week. I think next week is more likely, though. I think we'll get three veteran reveals before the August direct, one newcomer reveal at the direct, and no others until release.

Phew. No Falco when he was supposed to shopw up. ^^
Falco was supposed to show up this week. There's still Friday, but its highly unlikely we're getting any character reveals tomorrow. The "Thursday" character reveal was just some random person popping up on Reddit screaming new character reveal today.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Guys I think I have evolved to the next phase of K. Rool fans. Because last night I had a dream that I was playing classic mode in SSBU; and at the end, instead of Master Hand, K. Rool was revealed as the final boss. The fight was very intense and scary even. At the end, K. Rool was unlocked as a character and... alarm clock.

...I have to do some fan art now.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Guys I think I have evolved to the next phase of K. Rool fans. Because last night I had a dream that I was playing classic mode in SSBU; and at the end, instead of Master Hand, K. Rool was revealed as the final boss. The fight was very intense and scary even. At the end, K. Rool was unlocked as a character and... alarm clock.

...I have to do some fan art now.
I could imagine that happening for a new Adventure Mode in the game where characters have their own path to take and fight their own villains at the end.

EDIT: Or the villains fighter their own heroes. :D

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Here's a little story from last July as we near tonight's "ultimatum" on Falco.

'Credible' GameFAQs Leaker Who Dumb People Give Attention For No Good Reason InfiniteGTX said:
Considering all of this, I asked if he could help me try and prove my credibility to you fellas. I thought a good way to do this would be for him to tell me the upcoming Miiverse photo to be revealed by Sakurai, but he said that Sakurai usually takes the photos the night before or the morning of, and so it usually cannot be predicted. Character updates, however, are all planned ahead of time: he said that a Pokemon representative would be the next character update on the Smash Bros. website.

. . .

K. Rool is also in the game, but as a boss character. After being defeated the first time as King K. Rool, he returns a couple more times in Adventure mode as Kaptain K. Rool and then Baron K. Roolenstein. Despite how I feel about it, apparently he is treated as a less serious boss.
*Luigi, Peach, Toon Link, Sonic, Rosalina, Marth, Zelda, and Dedede are updated onto the site prior to Lucario*

One GameFAQs troll had too much time on his hands, a desire to gamble on veteran reveals based on "new releases," and an urge to stir up sh*t within one of the community's largest fanbases (ours). Odds are, in a few hours, we'll officially weed out another.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Here's a little story from last July as we near tonight's "ultimatum" on Falco.

*Luigi, Peach, Toon Link, Sonic, Rosalina, Marth, Zelda, Little Mac, Dedede are updated onto the site prior to Lucario*

One GameFAQs troll had too much time on his hands, a desire to gamble on veteran reveals based on "new releases," and an urge to stir up sh*t within one of the community's largest fanbases (ours). Odds are, in a few hours, we'll officially identify another.
Seriously? This is hilarious. I never found him to be credible anyway, but still, thanks for that tidbit.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I would be so extremely pissed if K. Rool is a boss. He deserves more than just a role as a Sandbag with a K. Rool skin. If anything, the Kritters should be there in the Wii U version. :p

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Have we ever gotten a new character before the old character 'challenge approaching' bit was taken down from the site?
I feel like this is very poor memory lapse on my end

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wasn't it also like that for Zelda? Or no?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Odds are, in a few hours, we'll officially weed out another.
Did I call this or did I call this?

Anyhow, I encourage this thread to not engage if and when anymore of these stupid wishlists come along mentioning K. Rool. They are false 99 times out of 100, they border on off-topic, they derail everything toward opining about "leaks," and the user continually spamming this thread with them has openly stated he does so because he wants to "drink the K. Rool fans' tears," which is trolling and will be infracted next time it happens.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Honestly, I was kinda hoping Ganondorf would be announced, but the update was still pretty good. Anyway, yeah, not surprising, leak was fake, time to move on. I still think K. Rool has a pretty good chance at being a secret character in the game. I doubt they'd bring back Gangplank Galleon, and if it was brought back, I'm guessing it'd be an unlockable stage and not the "main" DK stage.

Or my idea of a stage called "Glacier Galleon" where its based on Tropical Freeze and set on the frozen remnants of Gangplank Galleon. That'd be epic.

Oh, and I'm playing through the original DKC trilogy AGAIN. I recently beat DKC1 again, and now I'm working on DKC2. After I beat all three 101%, 102%, and 103%, I'm going to do the GBA versions, as well. ^^

Care to take refugees on board, Kaptain?

It seems there was divine intervention against the Ridley thread.
Pretty sure its because a lot of people were posting JUST to make it to page 1,000. So it was closed (at least temporarily, perhaps) for that reasoning. (Funny how the mods closed it ON 999, though.)

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Did I call this or did I call this?
Was it really that hard to call?
I was just going along with it to be able to make jokes.
Was there anybody that seriously thought this could possibly be real?

There were, weren't there?

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, Falco wasn't revealed this week

So, there goes that leak where K Rool is a boss

Did anyone believe that anyway?

...and isn't this at least the second leak that claimed Falco was going to be revealed?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Well, Falco wasn't revealed this week

So, there goes that leak where K Rool is a boss

Did anyone believe that anyway?

...and isn't this at least the second leak that claimed Falco was going to be revealed?
Leakers, trying to predict Sakurai, won't they ever understand? :facepalm:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Was it really that hard to call?
I was just going along with it to be able to make jokes.
Was there anybody that seriously thought this could possibly be real?

There were, weren't there?
There's was a small part of me worried that it was real, but only because other people kept bringing it up. Otherwise, though, I didn't really think there was anything to worry about.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Is it time to jump ship to the NEXT largest villainous reptilian pirate? :p

Well that's fine. The Ridley thread was way too much to let me keep up with another busy character thread at the same time. Honestly, I'm glad Falco wasn't announced tonight. There's literally no leverage for the K. Rool being a boss thing now. I can still dream.

I assume after this it's to the 'Krookodile in a paper hat' thread?

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Is it time to jump ship to the NEXT largest villainous reptilian pirate? :p

Well that's fine. The Ridley thread was way too much to let me keep up with another busy character thread at the same time. Honestly, I'm glad Falco wasn't announced tonight. There's literally no leverage for the K. Rool being a boss thing now. I can still dream.
You are not saying you are giving up hope on Ridley being playable right?

The thread is closed, but Ridley will still have his supporters and fans.

P.S. It is hilarious how people keep on trying to recreate Ridley threads and keep on getting shot down.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Do you guys REALLY want this thread to be locked like Ridley's? :troll:

majora_787

Smash Hero
You are not saying you are giving up hope on Ridley being playable right?

The thread is closed, but Ridley will still have his supporters and fans.

P.S. It is hilarious how people keep on trying to recreate Ridley threads and keep on getting shot down.
I mean because I just got done watching SEVEN RIDLEY THREADS get locked and/or deleted. Which is just horrifyingly hilarious. But I still think he's playable.

It's not "people". It's 8-bit Man.

EDIT: You know, it's going to be locked eventually. It may as well be locked because its supporters suddenly rocket it several hundred pages higher in mass, instead of something awful like a deconfirmation.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I mean because I just got done watching SEVEN RIDLEY THREADS get locked and/or deleted. Which is just horrifyingly hilarious. But I still think he's playable.

Oh. Do you think 8-bit Man will try to open up a Ridley thread concerning all of Ridley's alternate forums?

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace

Sorry to see 8-bit Man commit account suicide like that.

But yeah we're just gonna bum off your thread till Ridley Thread 2: The Big Comeback is posted by mods.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Oh. Do you think 8-bit Man will try to open up a Ridley thread concerning all of Ridley's alternate forums?
He did. He did in fact make a "Meta Ridley for smash" thread. But we're derailing the K. Rool thread into Ridley here.

In all seriousness I didn't believe this leak because it literally came in out of nowhere with a "X character is being revealed TOMORROW", and as easy as they are to tell the legitimacy of, they've all been fake up until now.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
He did. He did in fact make a "Meta Ridley for smash" thread. But we're derailing the K. Rool thread into Ridley here.

In all seriousness I didn't believe this leak because it literally came in out of nowhere with a "X character is being revealed TOMORROW", and as easy as they are to tell the legitimacy of, they've all been fake up until now.
Ridley talk aside, onto King K. Rool and his supporters.

King K. Rool supporters how do you think King K. Rool's Edge-guarding game would be like and what would be the weakest aspect of his moveset, stuff like aerial attacks, ground attacks, DI, crouch-canceling, etc?

Last edited:
Top Bottom