• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
IDEA! IDEAIDEAIDEA!
We can get slightly around King K. Rool's recovery problem, here's my Idea
First of all, since King K.'s a fatty-bo-batty, Give him only 1 jump.
HOWEVER, you could use his Propeller-Pack-Thingy-Of-Science to give him a fair boost vertically in the air and the ability to glide left and right for a distance, balancing it out and making King K. Rool Unique.
K. Rool can easily get a double jump. The flapping animation from the whole Propeller-Pack-Thingy-Of-Science section. Oh, and the Helicopter I so totally see being is Up Special as well.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
What with some people talking about how Dixie would be 'SO UNIQUE/10' for having a gliding mechanic, I think K. Rool could feasibly be given some sort of aerial mechanic as well.

He could either have some sort of cumbersome floating system with his Helicopter Pack, or could let his cape billow out behind him to slow his rock-like fall speed, kind of like Batman.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Could KAOS work as a good Final Smash for K. Rool? Maybe it could be something like an Assist Character, or even a transformation like Landmaster.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
What with some people talking about how Dixie would be 'SO UNIQUE/10' for having a gliding mechanic, I think K. Rool could feasibly be given some sort of aerial mechanic as well.

He could either have some sort of cumbersome floating system with his Helicopter Pack, or could let his cape billow out behind him to slow his rock-like fall speed, kind of like Batman.
I think the Helicopter mechanic would work well for Dixie Kong. K. Rool's got tons of great things going for him already. The Helicopter I think should definitely be his Recovery, but it could work in a way that it stays out permanently until its destroyed. ^^

Could KAOS work as a good Final Smash for K. Rool? Maybe it could be something like an Assist Character, or even a transformation like Landmaster.
If anything I think K. Rool's FS would be the Blast-o-Matic.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte

I don't know, but that "Dixie uniqueness" garbage is starting to get on my biggest nerves. She's just another Kong. And one built exactly like Diddy. K. Rool, however, is in a class of his own.

If Dixie gets in, I will flip a table.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't know, but that "Dixie uniqueness" garbage is starting to get on my biggest nerves. She's just another Kong. And one built exactly like Diddy. K. Rool, however, is in a class of his own.

I wouldn't, I'd adore Dixie. She'd be quite original with her ability to attack entirely with her hair, and her model being similar to Diddy Kong means that she'd be easier to design as well. If Dixie gets in over K. Rool I'll flip a table, though. K. Rool would be FAR more original than Dixie, but Dixie is still awesome in her own right.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

To be fair, K. Rool would be a "heavy boss" like Dedede and Bowser.

Let's not have any more Dixie bashing please. They're both great characters and both deserve to be playable.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
If anything I think K. Rool's FS would be the Blast-o-Matic.
Could you tell me how it might work? Because whenever I think of that being the Final Smash, I think of Mega Man's or Samus's being just like it.

KAOS could rain down missiles at the players, slash at them with its knives, and remove its head so that way they have a greater field to cover when it's summoned. Come to think of it, it might make a good AT.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
That wasn't intended as an attack on Dixie, moreso just the people who obsess over 'SO UNIQUE' despite having a horrible grasp on moveset originality, as well as those who claim equality between characters who do one unique thing and characters who do multiple unique things.

KAOS was my go-to Final Smash for K. Rool up until I brainstormed the Kredits idea.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I would make his Final Smash similar to SSBB Ganondorf's, Turn Huge, Sport some Boxing Gloves and do an all-out tackle, turning into a freaking Subway, dashing across the screen like noone's business.
But that's just me.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
If Sakurai thinks Dixie can work, he'll give her an original moveset. This is the guy who's about to make three blue-haired swordsmen a reality.

But K. Rool still has more to offer, to the point where it would be a waste if he was a collectable trophy again.

KAOS was my go-to Final Smash for K. Rool up until I brainstormed the Kredits idea.
I've thought about the Kredits idea as well. I'm still more fond of KAOS being the FS because DKC3 was the first DK game I played.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Dixie and K. Rool both deserve it. But I honestly suspect that neither of them will get in, because Sakurai.
Come to think of it, is it possible that Sakurai might be indifferent to the DK franchise? I find it hard to believe, but the stage representation (that is, generic jungle-themed areas) makes me lean towards it.

But with Chunky as an AT and the reappearance of Kremlings in Smash Run, that might not be the case.

EDIT: Oh, wow, Namco really did develop Mario Super Sluggers. If K. Rool is playable, then maybe it's because Namco persuaded Sakurai into adding another DK character into the roster.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Beyond campaigning for K. Rool DLC, if we don't get any DKC newcomers, our attention should shift to "Sakurai Should Develop the Next DKC Game" petitioning. Maybe if the series entered his personal bubble, we'd see two DKC characters in one game, five DKC items, modes based off of DKC, 15 DKC enemies in single player modes, and DKC given the frequent spotlight in website updates.

Namco is really the one who seems to adore Classic DK here. They had Kremlings Ruins, Klaptraps, Dixie and a Swanky Kong billboard in Mario Superstar Baseball, Kremlings, K. Rool, Dixie, Tiny, and Funky in Mario Super Sluggers, and now Kremlings in Smash Run and allegedly Chunky Kong in these games.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Dixie and K. Rool both deserve it. But I honestly suspect that neither of them will get in, because Sakurai.
They both deserve it, and I think we'll get at least one at this point (again, because I'm about 90% positive Ridley is playable. And I'm really not a major Ridley fan but I think he'd be a great character anyway).

Come to think of it, is it possible that Sakurai might be indifferent to the DK franchise? I find it hard to believe, but the stage representation (that is, generic jungle-themed areas) makes me lean towards it.

But with Chunky as an AT and the reappearance of Kremlings in Smash Run, that might not be the case.

EDIT: Oh, wow, Namco really did develop Mario Super Sluggers. If K. Rool is playable, then maybe it's because Namco persuaded Sakurai into adding another DK character into the roster.
Metroid always gets a lava-based stage except one. Star Fox always gets a flight simulator stage. DK always gets a jungle-based stage. He's not specifically targeting DK or anything, he's just giving us what each franchise is MOST known for.

Metroid's most iconic moments are escaping from lava/acid. Star Fox is flying through space. DK is running through jungles. Yes, they have other environments, but these are the things they are most remembered for. I'd like the trend to be broken, but he's not specifically targeting DK on this.

Or Ridley. :troll:
Japan's not as big of a fan of Ridley. If anything, Ridley is set for August Direct, the event this weekend probably WON'T show any new characters, and even if it does, it'll be a character Japan likes more. Probably Shulk if anyone. Although I doubt we'll get a newcomer announcement here.

EDIT: Yeah, K. Rool is popular worldwide, but that also makes him the perfect candidate to be a secret newcomer in the final game, especially since he has nothing to promote. A character like Shulk would be better to show off to a Japan-only audience.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

[insert that ain't Falco here]
Btw, am I the only one who thinks K. Rool would be the fatest heaviset character on the roster?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
[insert that ain't Falco here]
Btw, am I the only one who thinks K. Rool would be the fatest heaviset character on the roster?
Yeah, if K. Rool is playable, he'd DEFINITELY be the heaviest character on the roster. Ridley would probably be the biggest (ever so slightly), but he'd be lighter. K. Rool would be the heaviest, and he'd also probably be the fastest heavy character on the roster, too. :D

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Except newcomer reveals are only for international events, so no K. Rool (or Ridley for that matter) I'm afraid. :ohwell:
Well, E3 wasn't international, although it did have people from around the world attending it was still entirely US-based. But that's besides the point, this event is just so Japanese players can play the game.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Well, E3 wasn't international, although it did have people from around the world attending it was still entirely US-based. But that's besides the point, this event is just so Japanese players can play the game.
E3 is the single biggest gaming event of the year, so that's clearly an exception to the rule. :p

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
King K. Rool supporters might find Chunky Kong at the Japanese SSB4 event. Revealing him as an Assist Trophy would help this thread, am I right?

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Beyond campaigning for K. Rool DLC, if we don't get any DKC newcomers, our attention should shift to "Sakurai Should Develop the Next DKC Game" petitioning. Maybe if the series entered his personal bubble, we'd see two DKC characters in one game, five DKC items, modes based off of DKC, 15 DKC enemies in single player modes, and DKC given the frequent spotlight in website updates.

Namco is really the one who seems to adore Classic DK here. They had Kremlings Ruins, Klaptraps, Dixie and a Swanky Kong billboard in Mario Superstar Baseball, Kremlings, K. Rool, Dixie, Tiny, and Funky in Mario Super Sluggers, and now Kremlings in Smash Run and allegedly Chunky Kong in these games.
And that's why I want him to make a Murasame Castle Game. Takamaru will get so much love!

DK Is frequently on the website......on the receiving end of items, or for comic relief.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Chunky would help K Rool's chances. Back to his FS, I personally prefer KAOS or Kredits to the Blast-O-Matic. But even if Kredits clearly has a lot of potential, I can't think of a really cool way of implementing it as a FS. How do you guys think/want Kredits would work?

The best I came up with was K Rool faking death while the Kredits damaged the other players when passing by, and at the end K Rool would get up laughing (he would've been invulnerable while faking death, obviously).

Last edited:

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
I Think K.Rool Kould Have a Final Smash where he stomps his foot , and a bunch of Kannonballs rain down from the sky, like in his DKC fight

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
K. Rool should've been higher. But third place is nothing to sneeze at.

Lol, I only just found DK Vine a couple of days ago. Their "extended" DK universe is quite weird. :p

Yeah, Chunky would help K Rool's chances. Back to his FS, I personally prefer KAOS or Kredits to the Blast-O-Matic. But even if Kredits clearly has a lot of potential, I can't think of a really cool way of implementing it as a FS. How do you guys think/want Kredits would work?

The best I came up with was K Rool faking death while the Kredits damaged the other players when passing by, and at the end K Rool would get up laughing (he would've been invulnerable while faking death, obviously).
For the Kredits thing, I'd rather have it just be the way he shows up in the game. :p

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I honestly wouldn't mind his Sluggers appearence, but his Classic Outfit works best.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
What about King Kut Out perhaps? there are a couple ways they could do it, fire a superlaser, then collapse on stage perhaps

Also whether or not anything gets revealed I would argue depends on how big this event is, I mean the pokemon wii-u level has been shown but not revealed

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Recovery would easily be one of his worst aspects.

Because fat ****.
He does use that helicopter thing on his back from donkey kong country 3, if they can incorporate that into his move set, I think he'd have great recovery as well.

I'm no game developer either, but I think his slow speed could be balanced out with a cloud projectile that slows down opponents that would otherwise run circles around him.
Slow speed? K. Rool actually moves pretty good for a guy his size.

I think K. Rool would overall have a well balanced move set.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
What about King Kut Out perhaps? there are a couple ways they could do it, fire a superlaser, then collapse on stage perhaps

Also whether or not anything gets revealed I would argue depends on how big this event is, I mean the pokemon wii-u level has been shown but not revealed
If they're going to draw from DK64 for his FS, I don't think King Kut Out would be chosen, but who knows?

He does use that helicopter thing on his back from donkey kong country 3, if they can incorporate that into his move set, I think he'd have great recovery as well.

Slow speed? K. Rool actually moves pretty good for a guy his size.

I think K. Rool would overall have a well balanced move set.
Here's how I see it. K. Rool's base speed is extremely slow, but his running speed is very fast. He has a great recovery with K. Roolenstein's helicopter, but it can't go very high due to his heavy weight and eventually he'll weigh it down, but it'll still be quite a decent recovery.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Warning Received
...Ever heard of a Bigfoot?
Yesh.

Except newcomer reveals are only for international events, so no K. Rool (or Ridley for that matter) I'm afraid. :ohwell:
(Sorry for Double-Post, but we need more acitivity here. Seriously, 7 Viewers and NO ACTIVITY? 'Cmon, Guys!)
(HI.)>:4pacman:
Not only was Pac-Man only revealed through an AMERICAN ONLY E3 ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSION, but everyone else found out about it (especially poor Japan) through a simple Pic of the Day on MIIVERSE.
I think Japan should have a turn at such a thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom